SHOW DOWN AT RIVER CITY DRAG STRIP, SANTA CLARA TX.OCTOBER 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GENTLEMEN,LET ME BE ONE OF THE FIRST TO UPDATE U ON THE VIPER/VETTE SHOW DOWN OF SHOW DOWNS TENATIVELY SCHEDULED FOR OCTOBER 28TH IN THE LONE STAR STATE HOME OF THE FASTEST VIPERS/VETTES ON THE PLANET.THE EVENT WILL ONCE AND FOR ALL CLEAR THE AIR ON WHO HAS THE FASTEST VIPERS/VETTES IN THE QUARTER MILE ON OCTOBER 28TH,2001.IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING THERE WILL BE CLASSES FOR STOCK,MOTOR ONLY,POWER ADDITIVES,TURBO CHARGERS,SUPER CHARGERS ETC.OUR HOUSTON VIPER CLUB PRESIDENT MR.PRASHANT PATEL WILL PROVIDE MORE SPECIFIC DETAILS AS WE DRAW CLOSER TO THIS GREAT EVENT.LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING SOME OF THE MAGICAL CLAIMED QTR MILE ETS FROM THE CALIFORNIA POSSE AND THE NEW JERSEY/NEW YORK TOUGH GUYS,ET AL.BEST REGARDS!NORM KOERNER FASTEST VIPER ON MOTOR ONLY.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really is great to see you back, Norm. It was getting boring around here. See you in October, if not sooner.
bounce.gif

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to call them out Norm!! really folks this is just a friendly reminder that ALL OF YOU should come down Get some Texas Hospitality in October. I will be coming out with details soon, which will include a great deal for out of staters and non-Texans. Everytime we go out its always a blast. From 11.80 stock (Aaron M, Jeff Helms) to 9’s, we have it all. And for those of you that want to run in the big boy class remember a 10.30 is good for about 6th place.

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BAKNBLK95RT:
I would like to see a Heavy weight fight between the High 9 second xtreme Vette go up against John H's TT Viper. If I'm not mistaken I think they both post around the same times. 9.99 on the Viper and a 9.98 on the Vette. Nos vs. Turbo Hmmmmm that would be a hell of a race. I have seen that corvette up here in Dallas. I have met the guy that drives it seemed like a nice guy. I met him at the Huffins Chevy dealership when I had my C-5 in for service. He had his car up there as well. It sounds mean. I have never heard a Vette sound like his. Anyway I think they should race.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
First I don't live in Dallas, I live in Austin. Second, HMS TT Viper has not run a nine yet, his best et. so far is 10.1@138. As far as I know, I have the fastest M6 C5 so far, [email protected]. All my C5's are built by Motorsport Technologies in Houston.

SW
You must be registered for see images

'99 FRC MTI 422([email protected])
'99 FRC MTI(white)
'94 ZR1 LPE 415
'00 BMW M5(Dinan)
'93 502SS
'95 Supra T72

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by SW on 07-09-2001 at 09:38 PM</font>

OP
OP
T

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LARRY,DETAILS TO FOLLOW AS WE GET CLOSER TO THE EVENT.OUR GRAND PUBA AND SUPREME MASTER OF CEREMONIES MR.PRASHANT PATEL HOUSTON VIPER CLUB PRESIDENT WILL UPDATE EVERYONE AS TIME GOES ON REGARDING SPECIFIC DETAILS.PRASHANT AND COMPANY AS USUAL WILL OUT DO HIMSELF AGAIN AS EVERY EVENT HE ORGANIZES IS BETTER THEN THE LAST ONE!IT WOULD BE GREAT IF THE FLORIDA POSSE COULD SHOW UP....SEAN ROE,BTR TOM,DOUG LEVIN,ET EL.UNCONFIRMED GRAPEVINE RUMOR HAS IT THAT A CERTAIN LINGENFELTER ZR 1 TWIN TURBO 800 R.W.H.P VETTE WILL BE THERE LINING UP AGAINST HENNESSYS 800 VENOM TWIN TURBO TO DEMONSTRATE WHAT REAL TURBONICS IS ALL ABOUT.CONGRATES ON YOUR NEW BUSINESS ENDEAVOR!HOPE TO SEE U THERE.BEST REGARDS FROM THE LONE STAR STATE HOME OF THE FASTEST VIPERS AND VETTES ON THE PLANET!NORM AKA BUBBA GUMP THE REDNECK AS NAMED BY MY FELLOW CALIFORNIA VIPER BROTHERS.LOL

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Norm...will the pig farmers ever finish your ride????? I too look forward to some turbo-friendly weather and a chance to match up against the bad dudes from other parts of the great state. You better hope that the ZR1 runs better than that crap they took to C&D....my truck on a 100 shot could drag that dump and two others tied to it.

OP
OP
T

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LAROADSTER AKA THE LATOADSTER.....YOU ARE INCORRECT SIR!THE FAMOUS HENNESSY VENOM 800 TT IS STILL AT THE HOUSE OF HENNESSY.SALE TRANSACTION DID NOT TAKE PLACE.ENJOY THE BOTTLED WATER.HOPE YOU AND PNUM CAN MAKE IT TO THE SHOW DOWN AT SANTA CLARA,TX...BEST REGARDS! BUBBA GUMP....LOL

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BAKNBLK95RT:
Sorry SW, I had you confused with a guy here in Dallas that drives a Black Vette stroked and running NOS. There are so many Vettes out there it's hard to tell. He has a big sticker in his back window that says Xtreme Vettes thats why I thought it was you. As far as HMS's TT, I think it was in last months Motor Trend that he pulled off a 9.99. With you times and his times so close I think it would be a good race.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No problem, btw, the TT800 has not run a nine yet.(Motor Trend going by projections)

SW

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Larry, you can bring other toys but only for practice runs. Don’t worry about the 800TT if the first one (Prowler orange) does not come the Next one will. Norm thanks for the kind WORDS. And lets see here maybe we can also get Norm’s Renntech Mercedes Vs. the Goldenboy (SW) Dinan M5 head to head with four people in each CAR!!. If I recall correctly Dave Golder also wanted to bet $500 bucks that his 13 sec ZO6 would smoke Norms Renntech with Mark H and I in the back seat. Now that’s a good race. SO HOW ABOUT IT FLORIDA, CALI, NY, NJ? Get your local Tuner to represent your state. Prize Money and Trophies are among the gifts. More details soon.

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somebody please tell me what can I offer other tuner's to show up at this gig? FREE ENTRY for tuners outside Texas(....sorry John and Roy). a chance to showcase what you have along with the best the viper world has to offer and if you have a car that run's in the low 10's I will pick up the tab for your hotel room. how's that? O and NORM will pick up your Tab at the local Bar.

OP
OP
T

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SW AKA THE GOLDEN BOY!NICE M5 DUDE....MY RENNTECH IS ALSO STOCK .U GOT A MATCH RACE BROTHER...BRING IT ON.....LATOADSTSER THANKS FOR YOUR ADVISEMENT.... SNAKE EYES YOU LOSE! IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK CANT CHANGE IT NOW...IS BUBBY A CALIFORNIA SECRET CODE WORD?JPH APPRECIATE YOU KEEPING ME STRAIGHT ON GEOGRAPHIC LOCATIONS.LARRY M START PRACTICING YOUR R.A. TIME WE WILL TAKE THE M5 DOWNTOWN .SHAKEDOWN THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT U REALLY HAVE SOME NEAT RIDES ARE U REDNECK LIKE ME? ...IF SO ILL BUY THE FIRST ROUND OF SHINER BEER.HAVE A GREAT DAY!P.S.EAGLES MAY SOAR BUT WEASELS DONT GET CAUGHT IN AIRPLANE ENGINES.

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be bringing my Lightning as a tow vehicle....if the M5 and the Renntech want to have a little cutthroat match, I can unhook the trailer and get her in the lanes. You girls decide if you want some of the truck and I will put some good gas in the tank....see ya at the shindig.

Larry...if you bring something of the Buick persuasion in black, let me know...I have something that might be a good match for it...same powertrain, different body.

I think that Shakedown needs to liberate one of his hoopties from the vault and bring it out as well....maybe a yellow Cobra????

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark (LARoadster),
Tell your wife I will bring the boudin! Boiled crawfish is out of season unfortunately.

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My M5 is STOCK...
Renntech Killer..

SW

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be bringing my Lightning as a tow vehicle....if the M5 and the Renntech want to have a little cutthroat match, I can unhook the trailer and get her in the lanes. You girls decide if you want some of the truck and I will put some good gas in the tank....see ya at the shindig.

Kyle, how about a run against my 'ol '93 454SS, it's STOCK..

SW

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man SW quit pulling Rabbits out of your hat!!! You seem to have a
an answer for every race, what’s your STOCK Lawnmower look like?
laugh.gif

dmora

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Hennessey / HMS:
My Venom 800 will most likely not be there as its sale is pending. We will have at least one possibly two other Venom 800's at the event in Oct. So you can count on the show down, smack down. SW is correct, the Venom 800 as tested by Motor Trend ran 10.11 at the track during our first test. Motor Trend like other magazines, does a density altitude correction to give all of the cars they test similar temperature and altitude conditions. Thus, the 10.11 corrected to 9.99. Now if I could convince my guys in the shop that adding some bottled atlitude correction factor (NOS) to my car, i might get lucky and get a real 9 like the rest of the NOS guys here in TX. Nah, forget that idea, we'll just turn the boost up a few lbs and wait for it to cool off.

See you at River City! Hey Norm, be sure to go to River City (Marion, TX), I dont think you'll find a dragstrip in SantaClara, CA.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

John, i'm reading the article here, and they say....

"With a few shakedown runs complete, Hennessey tossed us the keys and told us to have fun. A few 10.28- and 10.11-sec timeslips brought big grins to the nervously watching Hennessey, but when a 9.99-sec blast occurred, Hennessey let out a cheer so loud the guys in L.A. heard it."
http://www.motortrend.com/june01/ttviper/ttviper_f.html

Is this the correction factor were talking about??
cool.gif

how big of a shot of NOS are you looking to use?

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SW..that might be a pretty good match...even given your fairly liberal definition of "STOCK". What the hell, if you bring it to the shindig, we will have to line them up. Look forward to it.....

Dave Golder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C'mon now Larry. Their is not a car made that you could get in to the 12's with. I am about as crappy a drag racer as ever lived but I do know someone nicknamed "Spanky Macedo" that is worse. Remember the *** whippin handed to you at HRP. I still laugh at that. I might bring the Winston Cup Car out. That SOB will mile an hour sweet. Very traction limited though. Take care man.

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug Levin. . .Gainesville on a hot day and track not treated turned a 10.20 at 149 MPH at our Regional Rendezvous. This is definitely a 9 second V10 Viper. Look at the MPH. He was spinning his tires all the way down the track. If he hooks and stays in the groove, watch out Texas.

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you John for the plug. Yes, Details well be coming soon. if anyone would like more info I can send a personal email to you. just email me at [email protected] and I will put you on the "need info list" Any takers on the Lawnmower Race? I heard SW has a pretty nice STOCK one.

OP
OP
T

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HEY DAVE GOLDER GOOD BUDDY!HAS ANYONE EVER MENTIONED U HAVE A STRIKING RESEMBALANCE TO JOHN CANDY.DO U KNOW IF CANDY HAD A CUP CAR ALSO?BEST REGARDS!NORM KOERNER

Reaction score
Doug, you just make too much power. I haven't had a clutch problem yet. maybe you need to give us some of your power. LOL
I will gladly take some. Hope you get this problem fixed. I would love to see your car in action. ( just take it easy on me if we ever line up )

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Norma, please don't schedule a trip on race day!! Get that Renntech tuned up!

SW

STOCK SUPRA

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by SW on 07-15-2001 at 11:54 PM</font>

Status
Not open for further replies.