Side Pipe Cover - Warranty??

Car Lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
My 1995 RT/10 has corrosion forming on the side pipe covers(Rockers)....My car still has factory corrosion warranty remaining for 6months. I contacted customer service.....they told me someone should contact me from the Warranty department within 2 weeks, It is now 2 weeks later and know one has called. Any ideas as to what one should do next??? Has anyone out there claimed this on warranty???? If so what was the remedy??? Thanks for you input.
Dave

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had mine replaced on warranty sometime back in 1998'ish. Word spread around quickly at the time about a TSB for corrosion. I did not even have symptoms yet at that time, but they were replaced anyway. Good luck.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have an extended warranty or are you talking about coverage under the standard corrosion warranty?

Searching this board will reveal people getting this totally paid for, some repainted, some 1/2 or 1/3 but I thought all were under an extended warranty program.

Cause is heat from cats. Especially on a 95 where rivits were used. Heat expands rivits faster than sills, corrosion begins.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
call chuck tator @ tators dodge..He's the man!

Thanks Adam!

Dave,
DC does not let US Dealers do Warranty work on Canadian vehicles! You'll have to go see your local Dealer. Do a search on this Board and print out everything you can on the Rockers! Good Luck!

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not so sure heat is the only cause. I have repaired these right in the middle where thier are no rivits. I just think it is the location and age, heat just acclerates the issue.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I printed the tsb and took it to the dealer when I brought my car in for inspection of the corrosion. They made an appointment with the zone rep to inspect the problem. I humbly showed them the tsb---no problem-- new covers painted to match were supplied. I installed myself and returned the corroded units back to the dealer. A very pleasant experience. John