Sidepipe muffler size?

Denny Wagner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, Viper Bros!! I've finally found a local shop that will cut out and replace the stock sidepipe mufflers with free-flow units on my 93 RT/10. However, they are asking me to pick up the mufflers first. Ok.....but,what size do I buy? Does anyone know what size the body is and the inlet/outlet diameter? Sure would appreciate some help from anyone who knows or can recommend a specific brand to buy. Thanks!!

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why put any mufflers back...straight pipes...Toss in some high flow cats while the sills are off....

Mufflers, We don't need no stinkin' mufflers!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You shoud have a 5" or 6" round muffler. Borla or Dynomax Ultra flows are usually used, but check with tuners/JonB for price.

Mike

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
retired
Have them look first because the rear mt.is part of the oe.
muffler,also the turnout is located by a notch in the muffler
outlet.The inlet and outlet are 2.5in

Skeeter

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dynomax ultra flo round 21 inch long and with 3 inch inlets and outlets will fit , but it is close. They are high flow and sound good.Summit and Jegs has them. I have them on my on my 95.

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I put 22 inch case length Thrush glasspacks on my 94 (2.5 straight through). I resused the factory rear muffler brackets and welded them to the new mufflers. The only thing I changed on the tips was to remove the alignment pin (which I could have cut a slot for in the new mufflers).

"Quote"
The dynomax ultra flo round 21 inch long and with 3 inch inlets and outlets will fit , but it is close. They are high flow and sound good.Summit and Jegs has them. I have them on my on my 95

Mike Ryan in Austin Texas

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the Balenger kit for my 94 RT from JonB at parts rack. It was about $500 as I recall. It has 3" open mufflers and all the pipe. The material to make the brackets comes with the kit. You do have to bend the bracket rods and weld them on. It's a PITA but it can be done. You need to weld the new mufflers to the old cats. Just cut the cats off to fit the new 3" size and weld.
Lot's of guys will tell you to put on high flow cats and perhaps no cats or even no mufflers, just let me say this, when I start mine up it sounds like Word War 2. I wouldn't want any more sound. I like it just as it is. It sounds good, when you let off there is a nice rumble and when you get on it, well, if it was any louder I think the cops might stop me. If you do what I did I think you will like it.

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUOTE: Mike are you talking about the 6 inch diameter Ultra Flows?
Will they Fit in the side sills?

Yes they fit and sound good, they fit with the cats that I had from a Gen II header system and most likely the Gan. I cats. You can see straight through them and the sound is deep but not too loud. $59.95 at Summit (part # WLK-17223)

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could use the Borla XR-1 racing mufflers. I believe this is the same muffler that comes with their Gen 1 cat-back as I recall. I tried straight pipe on my 94 for 6 months then put on the Borla cat-back for a deeper and richer sound.......Kurt