Sideview Mirror Removal

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I unscrew the two bolts holding the sideview mirror in place (on a gen 2 GTS), will any brakets or bolts fall from behind into the door? I want to take the mirror off, but I want to make sure it's as simple as unscrewing the two bolts and nothing more...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has been a few years but I believe there is a secured bracket and you have no worries removing the two screws to remove the mirror. What year is your GenII? Power mirrors came in 99.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The two bolts are attached to the door and all ya gotta do is remove the two nuts to get the mirror off.... :2tu:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took a mirror off to get it repainted and it became much more complicated simply because the wire connector on my power mirror '01 would not snake it's way out of the door skin enough so to disconnect the two sides from each other. So I had to pull the interior panel and pop loose a xmas tree type mount on the window guide. This may be accessible through just the speaker hole but I'm good at door panel removal and started there.

You can kind of see the wire in the pic - upper left quadrant by the window guide. Just pop the mount loose and it frees the wire enough to pull it out and undo the connector. Put tape around the wire connector on the door so it doesn't fall back in.

You must be registered for see images