SILVER cars with stripes. pics needed

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red Snake, im doing stripes but i aint outting no ROE S/C on it.... :)

thanks jon, will skip that one.

dun, forget the stripes, send the girls !!!

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was talking to the dude in Houston who posted the pics! Thought quoting his post would get that across!!:D:D

I took that pic right after I put my wheels on and I had not driven it yet to get the ride height back to normal, it does not look like a 4x4 normally..... :D

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum,

Whatever color you pick, I vote to take the stripes through the NACA duct. A friend of mine got metallic graphite vinyl stripes on his silver GTS, and the installer did an excellent job taking them through the duct. Unless you touch his hood, you would think its paint.

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
last night i found an automotive stripe/sign guy and stopped in his place. looked thru some colors and might have been talked into carbon fiber stripes. i know i know.... if i get time im gonna drive the car down there and see the huge samples on the car in sunlight and see what i think. but i think i like it.

i think its gonna look good with the black wheels and it is temporary if i dont like it.

price quoted including install of an avery 3 mil product was 300-350

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the steele/gray/graphite (whatever it is called). If you go with black then matted would be nice. If you put blue stripes (though it looks nice) I find it is like cloning an original as I think not that many Vipers originally came in that colour. If you sell it, you always have to explain it is not an original blue stripped car.

Personally.....I think your car looks amazing the way it is. You've done a lot of work and care on it....and it shows!!

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the steele/gray/graphite (whatever it is called). If you go with black then matted would be nice. If you put blue stripes (though it looks nice) I find it is like cloning an original as I think not that many Vipers originally came in that colour. If you sell it, you always have to explain it is not an original blue stripped car.

Personally.....I think your car looks amazing the way it is. You've done a lot of work and care on it....and it shows!!

No matter what color he goes with he would have to explain it is not original... ;)

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree on the blue, thats why im no gonna go that way. george is right, no matter what color its gonna be me explaining and id prolly just take them off if i sell it.

michaeltedone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is mine with charcoal stripes.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ugghhhhhh, now i got maroon stripes to choose from...lol

thanks austin but what is your opinion on this ? as always i trust your opinion

I like the Maroon stripes. :2tu:

Go with something like Bob Woodhouse CC, saw blade looking or extra thin stripe added on the outer edges. :confused:

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum, you mentioned wanting to see a picture of the way the guy did my vinyl stripes through the duct. This was taken by 2manytoys at Biltmore...
Graphite_stripes_Small_.jpg

This shows how he striped the rear of the car. (Thats my sister, be nice!)
Viper_and_Nita2.jpg

And another shot of the front of the car...
Viper_and_Nita.jpg

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that was perfect, thanx a lot. thats the color and way im gonna stripe it.

THANK YOU !

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yup, im gonna give it a shot in spring when it warms up a bit. along with my black wheels, i think it will look good.

thanx

Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure to post some before and after pictures. Anyone have a close up of the duct that shows how the stripes were laid out? Also, more pictures of the back of the car, are you guys running striped through the licence plate area? This thread really makes me want to stripe my silver GTS.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stripes. Graphite or GTS Blue. Thats what I'd go with anyway.:) I think GTS Blue would really make it stand out more for sure. After seeing Jasons GTS, its hard to NOT want stripes. lol...

I agree with Austin! GTS BLUE is the way to go! Graphite is a nice color combo too but if we are choosing out of the two, GTS BLUE all the way!!

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum, here is the pic of the vinyl through the scoop. They appear to be uneven, but it's just an illusion because of the angles. It took him a long time to apply the stripe through this area and I guess thats why most people with vinyl go around the scoop. I like the "stock" look of going through it though.
Viper_in_the_snow_006_Medium_.jpg

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah, that dont look too fun....lol

thats how i want it done. THANK YOU for the pics !

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the vinyl through my NACA duct that way as well. It's a PITA to do, at least the first time, but well worth the effort when it's done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950