skip shift gen 1

jeffdai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
going to unplug mine tonight, does this set off the service engine light on gen 1's too? i have a 2.2k 1/2 watt resistor here that people were saying to use, do i put this in the connector at the end of the wire going to the transmission or on the connector actually on the transmission?
thanks!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
right foot, +2000 rpm = skip shift terminator for 0.00 $

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 2.2k 1/2 watt resistor here that people were saying to use, do i put this in the connector at the end of the wire going to the transmission or on the connector actually on the transmission?
thanks!

It goes in the connector on the wiring harness, not in the connector on the transmission. Best to wrap both with electrical tape or, as I did, a use a 2 inch piece of heat shrink tubing on each connector which I shrunk over the connector and folded over the excess, and tie wrapped in place.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I unplugged mine 7 years ago; no check engine light, or anything. Just unplug, cover well with tape, and go. The amber dash light will still function, but who cares, ignore it.

Later,

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are already some threads about this. I bought a skip shift eliminator on ebay, I think they call it a Scags, connected the resister to the wiring harness going to the transmission after disconnecting it and taped up both items. Light on dash comes on like normal, but I can shift anytime I want to any gear and don't get any codes. I drive a gen 1 Rt10.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang