So do GTS's get more attention than SRT's?

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS :2tu: 10:30 Monday evening, I pull up in a Gas station, car pulls up at the pump next to me but the guy does not fill up his car? He goes to the trunk pulls out a SLR Camera and asks if he can take a few shots of the car :2tu:

You must be registered for see images attach

It also comes down to the interior, lets face it your inside the car most of the time ;) I like the GTS layout and pedal positions.

You must be registered for see images

I will say that most early vipers do require at minimum a rear brake upgrade, The SRT's have the better brakes. And I do like the push button start ;)

As nice as the later gen cars are they don't really do it for me :(

But as others have said the New ACR's are right back up there turning heads just as the GTS did when it first hit the road :headbang:

Mark
:uk:

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To the 20 year olds it is really broken down into segments...

-A 105-110 mph car is a entry level border line fast car (C5 vettes..GTO's)

-Then the 110-115 mph car are the kinda fast cars (C5Z06 2003 cobra)

-Then you get your fast cars at 115-120 mph (GTS and GTR)

-Then your really fast cars at 120-125 mph (gen3 srt10 GT2 porshe)

-Then your HoLy sh*t fast cars at 125-130 mph (C6Z06 and gen4 srt10 viper....

A GTS IS DEFIENTLY A FAST CAR...NO DOUBT..BUT IF YOU TOUCH 120 MPH IN A STOCK GTS YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!! YOU WILL MOST LIKELY RUN 117-119 MPH...ON THE OTHER HAND IF YOU RUN 117-119 MPH IN YOUR STOCK SRT10..WELL THATS NOT VERY GOOD....YOU RUN A 120 MPH TRAPP IN YOUR SRT10 AND THATS JUST REALLY AN AVERAGE TIME

I RAN MY INTAKE/ROLLER ROCKER 99 RT10 TO 117 MPH AND MY INTAKE ROLLER ROCKER SRT10 TO 122 MPH...

Sorry about the cap locks...But everytime I see a comparison of the gen2 and gen3 the first thing that pops into my mind was how my gen3 was 3 mph faster in the 1/4 mile...This makes it "seem" better to me before I even soak in the curves ect of the exterior....

So sorry i wasnt compareing the performance of a GTS to a hopped up civic. I was just saying that people do know that a GTS will have a VERY hard time hitting 120 mph stock while an srt10 can do 120 mph no problem..

And 120 mph seems to be the new bench mark these days..much like 110 mph was in the 90's and 100 mph was in the 80's

Where does my 167mph rate on that list.

I have never had much problem getting attention, especially when I open the hood.

Added a parachute this week. That might garner a little attnetion as well.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The landspeed record cars are either GTS, CC or newer coupes, guess the slower vert and rounded tail assy just aren't fast enough for the big boys?

Fat Albert's 298mph landspeed record car is a GTS. 1100hp n/a. Going for 300mph this fall I think Darryl said. I remember the "world's fastest" SVS GTS Viper. Can't really think of any famous Gen3s.

Ted

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where does my 167mph rate on that list.

I have never had much problem getting attention, especially when I open the hood.

Added a parachute this week. That might garner a little attnetion as well.

Did you get parachute envy at Pinks at Zmax? Trust me, having a chute on the back will get you more random comments than you can imagine. When people ask, why do you have that on the car, I simply reply: You have to have one to go over 150 at the track.

Now, if you can just clean those wheels :D

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you get parachute envy at Pinks at Zmax? Trust me, having a chute on the back will get you more random comments than you can imagine. When people ask, why do you have that on the car, I simply reply: You have to have one to go over 150 at the track.

Now, if you can just clean those wheels :D

They are clean now, now I just have to keep them clean.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a DIFFERENT WORLD NOW.I have owned every Gen Viper including the very first one sold by site sponser -Buhler ever sold (serial number 200 arrived May 1996 ).Back then the car created shockwaves -ABSOLUTELY nothing like it on the street.Today alot more subtle as the public is just more used to them.