So do GTS's get more attention than SRT's?

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's amazing how small the GTS looks next to the Cobra ,both vehicles with standard heights.

You must be registered for see images

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO the GTS is top dog. When you say Viper everybody envisions a GTS. It is a classic and timeless style that will never go out.

The new ACR's are nice but I think it is the big wing that grabs everybodies attention. I am not a big fan of wings or black wheels so I prefer the GTS over the ACR. I guess this is why they make both salt and pepper. :dunno:

What he said! GTS by a mile......:headbang:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And then there's the Venom style wing. 4# out of Carbon Fiber. Subtle yet still a wing. Racey style is what Mopar Boy has. Venom spoiler easily balanced by Roe front fascia spoiler or front splitter.

I prefer my Sapphire/silver GTS but girls all seem to comment that my Viper Red/silver GTS ACR is a "very very pretty car". Every Motel I parked the car at the Lobby and the reception girls all enjoyed watching my car for me.

My Sapphire/Silver GTS is much louder and noticed by more men than women.

Since I bought 2 Gen 2 GTSs that tells you MY opinion on which Viper is best!

Ted

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Buy the car that you like, not for what gets the most attention. That said, you asked so in my experience, I have to say, having owned a RT/10, a final edition GTS, and a SSG SRT, the SRT gets the most attention, hands down. I think the color has a lot to do with it as even other viper owners are asking me about the color. No one can deny the fantastic looks of the GTS but I'm not making it up, the my SRT has gotten more comments per mile than any of my other vipers.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Purdue_Boiler_Viper said: "GTS Bumblebee is KING!"...and KNG SNKE agreed.

This MAY be true....UNTIL a Race Yellow GTS with Viper Blue stripes pulls into the parking lot!! :)

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to be fair, you should have posted this in the general forum

I agree with Roffle Waffle.

I would guess most people that come in the GTS forum think the GTS is the best . Thats why a lot that come in this forum . Still own one and havn't moved to the SRT. So will be slightly bias here IMO .

I have owned both SRT and GTS. I don't come on the GTS forum much at all anymore .I have slowly grown to appreciate the looks of the SRT more so that the GTS and really Love the looks of the new ACR . Gonna get my hands on one soon :2tu:. In my experience they both get a lot of attention . And I would have to agree the color plays a huge factor in the wow effect. So what ever you like the most .

I took both of my cars at the same time to an elementary school . Sister inlaw is a teacher there . The class wanted to see the cars . I heard multiple kids saying how they liked the SRT more than the GTS that it looked Cooler . Didn't hear anyone of them saying they liked the GTS more . Just food for thought . Either way I love Viper ownership and feel blessed to have one and be part of such a great club . :headbang:

I had a Z06 and didn't get much looks or attention in it . Like owning any other regular car you see them everywhere .

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is an impossible question to answer. People in MY area think my 2000 Viper ACR is a Ferrari. Attention is contingent upon the area and other cars around that area.

What we can discuss is the design of both cars. Reference the 2002 Motor trend that previewed the upcoming SRT. On the doors, there is only a straight line which "loses the voluptuous character of the original." "side sills infinitely less dramatic than the original." NACA duct much less pronouned than gen2.

The main thing is that curved cars age best. GTS is a better looking car today than it was when it debuted. The design is timeless. The original nissan 350Z I am assuming will age better than the new 370Z because it lost some of the smooth lines. The older vettes...same thing. Curved cars picture better, age better and will be remebered better. Look at a nice 96 mustang GT (curves) or a 99 GT (edgy). Whether this has anything to do with attention...I can't comment on. But in 20 years...you bet that the GTS will draw more attention based on these points that are being written.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTS has more brand identity for the Viper, but the truth is that every Viper gets a lot of attention. You could be rolling around in a primered beat up Viper and get a lot of attention.

I agree with another poster above, the SRT depends on color. Solid colors DO get mistaken for C6 Corvettes. Gotta have stripes, IMHO. The GTS looks good with or without stripes.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTS is such an icon that the Gen IV coupe & ACR used the rear tail lights again. :rolleyes:

That's one of the reasons the GTS is king in my book. How can you rebuild an icon and skimp on tooling up a new tail light??? Yes it would have cost a lot of $$$ but it just looks out of place.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTS has more brand identity for the Viper, but the truth is that every Viper gets a lot of attention. You could be rolling around in a primered beat up Viper and get a lot of attention.

I agree with another poster above, the SRT depends on color. Solid colors DO get mistaken for C6 Corvettes. Gotta have stripes, IMHO. The GTS looks good with or without stripes.
^this is the most correct answer given so far^
I agree with everything nineball said.
I own a GTS, and even I wrote off a guy waving at me from an SRT because I thought it was a C6 vette. Needless to say, he didn't find it too funny :D
On the other hand, I probably own the most recognizable Viper ever made - B/W GTS :cool:

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To answer the question, Does a GTS get more attention than a SRT................

Attachments

• Bear.jpg
    Bear.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 65

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think when you drive around in a place where lots af people are who like GTS's, you get the most attention with a GTS, but on the other hand, when you drive in a town where most of the people love the SRT you would get more attention driving around in a nice coloured SRT!;)

In short, it's all a matter of taste! But the GTS is the most beautiful and timeless imo

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kind of like to fly under the radar most of the time - and these cars definitely aren't well suited to that. Any Viper is going to attract attention, and I got used to it with the GTS. The attention wasn't the bad kind, though - that car seems to get the same kind of appreciative (and respectful) attention that mint condition 60s/70s muscle cars get. I'd almost go as far as to say the GTS is already a cult classic. The ACR seems to get the kind of "what the hell is that thing" attention that I didn't expect. It's kind of funny - people see it and they say things like "I've never seen anything like that before, what is it?" and "I thought they stopped making Vipers five years ago" and "how much did it cost to put that big wing on the car?"

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey Ted , are you gona stud your tires and go ice racing any time soon ? :rolaugh:

OK, I admit to 'once in a while' breaking the law and driving while not equipped with "Good winter tires or carry chains". I do own 3 Dodge Stealth R/T TTs for my Winter fun and safety. All Wheel Drive, All Wheel Steering, extreme low CG and with bigger turbos and other mods these are the fastest cars on snow and ice. I do maintain a set of Ice radials for the Stealths as well as 18s and 'normal' 17s.

My Hunter Green 92 Stealth TT was the January poster for the 3SI Calendar 2010!

Weird thing about the Stealths is that all the new "high perfromance coupes" look like a Stealth so not many people notice them anymore. They look similar to a Pontiac 6 or an Audi, or an Infinity, some GMs etc.

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
also, I think it depends on the age of the viewer. Many 20 year old girls think the srt-10 is more modern looking (and better in their eyes)

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the car on display at the New York Auto Show... It wasn't getting much attention... I got the impression that most people that glanced at it didn't realize that it was a road car.. The SRTs come in a lot of "love it or hate it" paint schemes... The SRTs that mimic the GTS with the more conventional wide double stripes or solid colors will have more mass appeal and get more admiration and attention than a car like this which appeals more to Club Racers naturally... Not to say this car wouldn't get attention coming down the street but more because it almost looks a bit out of place.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GTS forever..

You must be registered for see images attach

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about the SRT, but I can't tell you how many people stare, gawk, drool over a yellow GTS.

I love your B/W GTS Bushido!

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's pretty hard to top a B&W TT GTS when it comes to Vipers... but I'm biased. :D

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS, by far. It took my buying an SRT Coupe to realize how much I missed the Gen2 car. I prefer everything about the Gen2 over the SRT cars.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the car on display at the New York Auto Show... It wasn't getting much attention... I got the impression that most people that glanced at it didn't realize that it was a road car.. The SRTs come in a lot of "love it or hate it" paint schemes... The SRTs that mimic the GTS with the more conventional wide double stripes or solid colors will have more mass appeal and get more admiration and attention than a car like this which appeals more to Club Racers naturally... Not to say this car wouldn't get attention coming down the street but more because it almost looks a bit out of place.

Thats a little TOO over the top for me.
Hate the wheels. Hate the hood/body color style.
Give me one color with racing stripe and tasteful wheels.

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in the same situation before I purchased my first viper. They were roughly the same price for the SRT and the GTS. After taking a look at both in person I had to go with the GTS. The only way I would've considered an SRT was with the Street Serpent addition which was around 16k extra. I ended up with a red GTS which I painted to meet my needs for customization :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte