So what's the percentage?

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering what percentage of the viper owners belong to the viper club? I know when you purchase a new car you are enrolled, but who has stayed on? Is it 10% or 30%? Just curious.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never understand people who own buy car like these and not join a club to learn more about them.

I was a BMW member when I own a BMW. Then I was found.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought used and joined mostly to support the cause. Hopefully I will be able to participate in some club activities but I am over an hour or two away from every Viper club around me. They put me in WVirginia/Pa but I am probably closer to N. Jersey or even Md/Va. :dunno:

V

Venomiss

You can request which club you join in case you didn't know. Call JRT or Fax them immediately. Speak to Fiona or Beth. Tell them which club you want to be with.

When you join new sometimes they just assign by state and not proximity.
A happy Viper member is the goal-always!:)

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look into the new magazine! There is a map with owner numbers and VCA member numbers for each state in the US...

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think membership totals about 25% so that leaves about 75% of Viper owners not in the club...imagine the $ the club would have if everyone stayed in.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tell other Viper owners I meet that they should definitely join....its not expensive compared to their car and some of the tips other owners have already learned pay for the memberships annual dues year over year.....plus there is the magazine and all the club events to do...I think it's a value and I surprised there aren't more owners who join.

I've met other owners who were part of their marque's club and some of them sounded very pretentious and basically a political mess, I am so happy I haven't seen any of that here in our club!!

Regards,
Aaron

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure of the percent of the new owners that are in from the start. The only #'s I have seen have the number of owners per state, which would include used purchases as well.

For example, there are 64 members in my area out of the 300+ Vipers in eastern Mo. Having that 20% (one-fifth) is pretty good from my understanding. 15% is about average- again that's of existing owers of new and used.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i joined to support the club i cruised with. (ny/ct) im from nj too.

but honestly, there really isnt much of a benefit of being in the club for me. i still hang out with the same guys, go to the same events etc.....its not like i even enjoy the magazine cause i certainly DONT. but it is only $100.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't imagine I will ever drop out. The events are incredible and the people are as well. Where else can you find such a large group of people who share your love for an incredible car? And as stated earlier, it's only $100.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't want to be a party-pooper.. but I thought the club was marginally worthwhile. I bought my Viper used.. and sent in my $100 immediately.. took three months to get the registration completed... I never have received all the magazines that I was supposed to.. when I moved to Ohio.. it took me a gazillion phone calls to get transferred to the Ohio VCA.. and I finally gave up when I moved to Texas. I went to one North Texas VCA club meeting.. but I never could get my membership moved, nor my magazine...I will say the group from the North Texas Club were very friendly!

When renewal came up I did get that mailing..... but I just let it lapse... maybe I'll renew... but right now my schedule is filled with other obligations.