So which gear or gear shift is your favorite?

diegoted

Viper Owner
Reaction score
for me it's the 2nd to 3rd under full throttle! I just love that torque pull and the put you in the seat feel! I go way faster in my drag cars but in them I am not as low to the ground nor is the cockpit
as confined! I just love the feel of the Viper.:headbang::headbang::2tu::2tu:

Diego

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, which gear shift is your least favorite?
I also prefer the 2-3 shift. First gear is almost too violent :D Not a big fan of the 5-6 shift, because 6th gear is sooooo long, even compared to 5th.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4th to 3rd Downshift.

Cruising along with a passenger for their first time i take ateasy on the throttle untill i get to a backroad straight and am crusin at like 2.5k rpm in 4th. Then i ask; "Are you ready". The instant they say Yes i clutch in / blip the throttle / drop 3rd all in a split sec and the Viper takes off with its insane amount of thrust, then to 4rth at 1XXmph. Letting off the throttle i glance over at the look on their face to determine how the rest of the ride will go :)

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4th is my fav gear for backroad runs.

I like being able to leave it there and pull through the turns with all that bottom end torque.

Some of the tight backroads i run can be done exclusivly in 3rd as well. Closer to redline is a much more extreme experience and satisfying in a different way.

Its cool being able to do a run one way then be like, ok lets do it in 3rd now :)

Shifting is fun to but im not as comfortable heal-toeing from 4th-to-3rd on tight backroads as i am on an open track/roadcourse. (Stupid wobbly Gen2 pedals...)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960