Solutions for peeling interior plastic door strips?

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And boom there you go. Nothing available except replacing the part with the same defective part at $200.00 each. What would be the price people would be willing to pay for the machined and anodized solution I came up with? This part is not going to break, the door will have to be destroyed first!

The gen 4 ones are really twice as thick. They do solve the problem in my mind. The only problem is the have to get them off a gen 4 car, or buy a new door panel. If you do buy a new panel today it will come with a gen 4 strip. I paid $ 400 for two used gen 4 strips, had them installed and never looked back.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What would be the price people would be willing to pay for the machined and anodized solution I came up with?
I'm not saying your idea is bad, it just needs some refinement imo. Couldn't the edges be tapered? Couldn't the whole body of it be rounded a little? Couldn't the fasteners be inset? Maybe a cover plug over them, or inset screws that match what is done on the inst panel and shifter suround? What do you think?

OP
OP
R

russellesq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not saying your idea is bad, it just needs some refinement imo. Couldn't the edges be tapered? Couldn't the whole body of it be rounded a little? Couldn't the fasteners be inset? Maybe a cover plug over them, or inset screws that match what is done on the inst panel and shifter suround? What do you think?

Sure, as I have said in an earlier post, there are several options available plus almost any color you want. I chose this particular screw option because I personally liked how it looked with my instrument panel. All of this depends of course on how much people are willing to spend on this.