Some idiot tailgaiting me

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speed limit was 35, but as traffic started to clear I slowly accelerated to about 50 just before I reached a sharp right turn to the freeway on-ramp. He of course stayed right on my tail. I threw the Viper into the turn and looked back in time to see him make it about 1/2 way around the corner and then go sailing into the dirt median between the on-ramp and the freeway.

A similar thing happened to me. I was in my GTS and some kid in a Prelude was trying to goad me. I don't do any hot rodding but I do a little spirited driving so as we came up on a 270 degree ramp I took it at "fun speed" and watched the Prelude in the rearview going over the curb trying to keep up and damaging his body kit in the process.

All joking aside this was a perfect example of how our screwed up society would have blamed me for the dumb kid wrecking his car, even though prior to his coming after me I was minding my own business.

sizzflair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When people tailgated my STi, I just downshift and shoot out some huge flames.... they would be about a mile away after that one.

sizzflair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy fix. Just drift towards the outside of the lane a bit. Viper tires throw up a LOT of rocks. It wont take long to ping the front of his vehicle to death. Once he hears rocks bouncing off the front of his car he will back off.

I like that idea. I'll keep that in mind :2tu:

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just install a few of these and life will be smoother than cream cheese through a goose.

You must be registered for see images attach

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I had a car with a hatchback I had one of the two wiper fluid spouts pointed straight out. Then if someone was on my **** they got a bath. Can't do that with the RT/10.

Skunk Works

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most tailgaters are not worth the $50 worth of rubber you just wasted. I like to tap the brakes just enough for the light to come on followed by a WOT bump to get a gap. $1.00 in petrol = project cost.

LOL! I love that trick... by the time they finish panicing you are dissappearing in the distance.

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of the solutions here are quite appropriate, if not hilarious.

But for those instances where you can't evade, drive off, or otherwise disengage someone who for whatever reason has it out for you on the road: Heckler & Koch - USA

It's fun to come away with stories of getting rid of the pesky hater or getting back at someone for antagonizing you. Just be sure you don't run out of options if you come across someone who makes it serious.

These things happen.

Me? I prefer to just... take... my... sweeeeeeeet... time if I'm in front and someone is being a *****.

What has worked twice for me on the highway is to speed up. Get up to a good 80+ mph. Then tuck tail and let them pass, or shave them off your butt by moving in front of someone else.... either option done right before a known speed trap.

Nothing, but NOTHING, is more satisfying than looping around the nearest exits and giving them a victory honk while Troop K is writing out a ticket. :2tu:

CHAOS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its simple, have your kid traverse around and put two .50 cal bullets through the engine block, no wait, that was my gunner, no wait, that was Iraq... never mind:usa:

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a couple guys do that in Vegas.

BOTH times they smacked into a POLE!

Not a good way to total a brand new truck if you ask me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang