Some new pics of my Viper and Z06

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wicked, I have 2 corvettes, albeit older models. Don't assume that I just hate vettes.

How can you possibly compare the paint on a vette vs. that on a Viper? My Vipers do not have orange peel at all and the new Z06's I have seen had so much orange peel that it was unacceptable.

It sounds like you have had some trouble with your Viper but most people don't have so many problems with them. You put up pics of both and quite honestly, the vette looks lame as all hell, next to the Viper. That's the bottom line. Opinions vary and some people may not have the audacity to give it to you straight; I'm not one of them and I stand by my proclamation that the vette serves well as a bargain basement, speedy car. When the price gets near or equal to the Viper, then it is time to ask yourself...............***?

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wicked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more that the Viper smokes the Vett in apperance. No question, I don't think anybody can disagree. I still love the car regardless of the problems I've had with it. Because, well... it's a Viper. :)

I fixed the chipping problem for the most part on the Viper. Both cars have 3M clear bra on them. Though it looks WAY better on the Viper. (Can't even see it) The ******** amount of break dust the Z06 puts out, gets the dust in the lines and it shows up too easily. I'm actually going to remove a lot of the clear bra on the Z06 this spring because of it.

Regardless, I enjoy both cars and can't wait to see the 08's in action.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I fixed the chipping problem for the most part on the Viper. Both cars have 3M clear bra on them. Though it looks WAY better on the Viper. (Can't even see it) The ******** amount of break dust the Z06 puts out, gets the dust in the lines and it shows up too easily. I'm actually going to remove a lot of the clear bra on the Z06 this spring because of it.
Have you considered changing out the stock brake pads instead?:confused:

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,

No parent likes to admit its' childs weakness and Viper owners are no different with their cars. I happen to share similar opinions with yourself regarding the Z06 and Viper. I too have owned both(although it was a C5 Z06, and yes I understand the performance is different but ride and dimensions are very similar). Would take a spin in the Vette then jump right into the Viper. Now the new C6 Z06 is an amazing car and puts up incredible numbers. You would have to be an idiot to argue that. With that being said, at the time I went with the '05 Viper instead of upgrading to a new Z06 b/c I wanted to see a bigger difference between the base Vette and Z06. I don't regret the decision at all. In fact I will be upgrading to a new Viper after the kinks are worked out. The Viper does have its flaws however. Anyone over 6'2" just does not have sufficient room. And if they say they do then they are flat out not telling the truth. I even have the 2" seat lowering kit and the car is still uncomfortable. The cabin also gets quite hot during the summer months. Well to be honest those are my only my two complaints. Guess the Viper is close to perfect. Anyway enjoy both cars.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of you are just plain rude. I love both cars, and have owned a low 11 sec C6 myself. I disagree about the build quality on the Viper vs the Corvette, I've found that the Corvettes are nicer inside/out. Hell, put both of them on a lift and look under the cars and the Corvette looks finished under there, but a Viper looks kind of cheap from below. Interior wise, the Viper dash and oh-so-generic Dodge radio and ashtray borrowed from the Ram (also own two of those) looks very generic too. I prefer the Viper seats, but the Corvette is a more comfortable car as a daily-driver. Paint-wise, the factory Viper paint isn't anything really to brag about either, I think the previous generation cars were painted nicer than the SRT10s.

But, you nailed it, the Corvette is almost invisible on the road. The Z06 has supercar performance, but doesn't have the image to match. The Viper is more accepted as an exotic, and I rarely see one on the road. I see at least 3 C6 Corvettes per day, just driving to/from work.

I'm buying a Viper next. But, I won't be a rude Viper owner that feels the need to rag on Corvettes and try and justify my purchase. I love both cars.

OP
OP
W

Wicked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you considered changing out the stock brake pads instead?:confused:

I might try the ceramic break pads first. I've heard they are night and day better for break dust, but don't stop as well. I wish I knew the difference in stoping power. Is it just going to make the car stop a few feet different or is it A LOT? Will make that my winter mod :)

Jason

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might try the ceramic break pads first. I've heard they are night and day better for break dust, but don't stop as well. I wish I knew the difference in stoping power. Is it just going to make the car stop a few feet different or is it A LOT? Will make that my winter mod :)

Jason
I've done Zero research on brakes for the Viper, but I did a little on my SRT Ram when I still had it, and my current DD SVT Focus.

I CAN tell you that EBC GreenStuff Pads seem to make just as much dust as stockers since I put them on my Focus a couple of weeks back. Though, they also seem to stop very well.

I've 'heard' the RedStuff Pads make less dust, but have no experience to back that up.

Also 'heard' Performance Friction Pads from AutoZone make waaaay less dust than stockers on the SRT Ram, though I don't even know if they're available for the Viper?

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with the green pads on my 2006 coupe about a year ago. Little less brake dust. Really wasn't worth the change out.

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some of you are just plain rude. I love both cars, and have owned a low 11 sec C6 myself. I disagree about the build quality on the Viper vs the Corvette, I've found that the Corvettes are nicer inside/out. Hell, put both of them on a lift and look under the cars and the Corvette looks finished under there, but a Viper looks kind of cheap from below. Interior wise, the Viper dash and oh-so-generic Dodge radio and ashtray borrowed from the Ram (also own two of those) looks very generic too. I prefer the Viper seats, but the Corvette is a more comfortable car as a daily-driver. Paint-wise, the factory Viper paint isn't anything really to brag about either, I think the previous generation cars were painted nicer than the SRT10s.

But, you nailed it, the Corvette is almost invisible on the road. The Z06 has supercar performance, but doesn't have the image to match. The Viper is more accepted as an exotic, and I rarely see one on the road. I see at least 3 C6 Corvettes per day, just driving to/from work.

I'm buying a Viper next. But, I won't be a rude Viper owner that feels the need to rag on Corvettes and try and justify my purchase. I love both cars.

I agree with you 100%. I don't think there is a need to BASH another type of vehicle so hard. I have also noticed that Vette's get blanket BEATINGS around here and I don't understand it. I do not think the Z06 is the greatest car ever made, but I do think its one of the best performance for the money cars. Corvettes are also pretty well rounded vehicles, and I respect them for that. I bought my Viper for the same reason ALOT of people bought theirs, the Vette just didnt have the exclusivity and 'wow' factor of the snake. I choose to spend my money on the Viper, but that doesn't mean I hate Vettes.

A pre-owned Viper should be a crime for the amount of car, performance, and exotic connotation that your getting.

Its funny you post this because I replaced my 7series BMW with the Viper and the other choice was a Maserati Quattroporte (I know polar opposites!). But just the other day I saw a QP and I was saying if it was in my grasp I'd have both cars. So :2tu: to you for having a Snake and a Z06, in their own individual regard both are GREAT cars, and I think any true car fan would agree.

Once again enjoy and please drive carefully:drive:

V

Venomiss

Wicked,
Very nice photos of both cars. :2tu:
There are many Viper owners who own Vettes and appreciate other cars. That's why we like to go to car shows!
Sorry to hear about your window problem. If you didn't see this thread already:

http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=606478&highlight=Drivers+side+window

Sometimes dealers need some idea to fix a problem. Give it to the Viper Tech and don't take no for an answer. Maybe print up the thread and take it in if they haven't fixed it for you? Dealers sometimes need a push in the right direction. Good luck with the window.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte