someone just got a deal on an 09 ACR from Baxter - it was on ebay sold for $81,099 -

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
it was a grey with 2 red stripes down middle 09 with 50 miles on it... i assume it was considered new since that is where i just got my 09 about 6 months ago.

anyone from the board buy it? kinda makes the value of a used one seem not so great. ahahahaha.. :( :D

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: someone just got a deal on an 09 ACR from Baxter - it was on ebay sold for $81,09

There was a lot of room to move on the '09's, Dodge was kicking in some money etc which is why you saw them
advertised for 20K off sticker at Tomball back a long while ago. Not so on the '10's.
I'm sure that dealer is thrilled to see it go. Somebody got a great deal.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: someone just got a deal on an 09 ACR from Baxter - it was on ebay sold for $81,09

i now that car. It is actually a second owner vehicle. They still have a few left.

Bruce

OP
OP
M

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score

i got my black with red drivers stripe there about 5 months ago for $20k off sticker...i like my color better but that car is about $7k less than i paid.... good deal... :)

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The car was sold to a guy in CA, who did not like it and returned it to the dealer. Nice deal

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Months ago there were great deals on new Vipers as Chrysler had subsidised about $10,000 on dealer stock.

These deals are long gone, and not much to choose from at the dealerships.

With no new production for a while, by the time the new car is released there will most likely be no old stock in inventories.

Seems to me as prices bottomed last fall, and have been rising steadily for some time now.

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Moderator: thanks for the heads up about "No links to non site supporting dealers", and for editing my post for me. :)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The car was sold to a guy in CA, who did not like it and returned it to the dealer. Nice deal

LOL I know a guy who had the exact same color ACR and traded his back in to the dealer within a year too.

OP
OP
M

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Baxter seems to have a history of unhappy customers...ahahha.... a guy who bought a black one like mine tried to return his too... i think he kept it due to the hassle that he would have had to go through but Baxter's idea of dealer prep is basically *throw it on the truck* .... mine showed up with no gas, tpps on, fuse pulled, worlds worst polish/wax job, no temp tags, etc....

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Baxter seems to have a history of unhappy customers...ahahha.... a guy who bought a black one like mine tried to return his too... i think he kept it due to the hassle that he would have had to go through but Baxter's idea of dealer prep is basically *throw it on the truck* .... mine showed up with no gas, tpps on, fuse pulled, worlds worst polish/wax job, no temp tags, etc....

You know this is very interesting.
By the way, I was the guy who returned a graphite ACR with red stripes after less than a year, but to a different dealer.
When I got my '10 from Tomball it was in the same poor delivery state.
Bad prep job, tires with 16 lbs of air pressure in them, no temp tags, TPMS on and it never has gone back off AND most interestingly I had a fuse pulled also.
When the driver took it off the truck he said "something's wrong with the car".
Windows didn't work, radio didn't and a few other things.
I got it home and after checking it out I saw that a fuse was lifted up. Had to be deliberate but for the life of me can't figure out why.

Abe Froman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

-I've tried to purchase one of the left-over “09” ACR's from Baxter (eBay and dealer direct) for some time, I even won a bid at 82k but they never released the car. When it delivers to his garage I’ll believe Baxter sold a car. IMHO

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

fwiw, I live close enough to Baxter that I plan to drive there to pick it up in person, and then drive it home. So thanks for the 411 about how these cars sometimes come prepped from dealers. I'll be sure to check everything and to let them know the deal isn't done unless it is properly prepped and read for a 200mi drive.

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks for the 411 Abe. While I had them on the phone today, I asked about 3 of the other Vipers they have listed in their new car inventory. I was told two were already sold. I was told the 09 mentioned in the first post of this thread is also sold now.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I live here and yes they sold 4 cars last week.

Bruce

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

That whole deal cracks me up. I tried to buy one of those 4 cars about 2 years ago. Offered 95 k back then. Dealer basically blew it off saying that "I'll have that car sold in 2 weeks for full price.". 2 YEARS later and he finally sells it for less then I offered. LOL

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Before my 2010 I was going to buy one of those 09s from Baxter. I called up the sales guy told him I was interested in getting one of those ACRs. Made an offer,and the guy never called back. I didn't "low ball him" either..

Now my experience with Max Motors was a good . The transaction was smooth,and the car was perfect. Really glad I bought a 2010 too..

OP
OP
M

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I will never recomend Baxter to anyone. I had to get my car shipped but I never expected it to be unprepped.... They seem to be consisent from the sounds of it... lol..... i think the Kia dealership probably does a better job on a $12k car than they did on mine... mine is awsome now though.. :)

Last edited:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It sounds like a few have had bad experiences with them. I and countless others have had great luck.

Bruce

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When the driver took it off the truck he said "something's wrong with the car".
Windows didn't work, radio didn't and a few other things.
I got it home and after checking it out I saw that a fuse was lifted up. Had to be deliberate but for the life of me can't figure out why.

My black 08 was delivered from Roanoke with the same things not working. I called and they said the fuse was lifted up. I pushed it back into position and all was fine. I think it was pulled as a means of saving the battery and they forgot to re-insert before shipping----just don't remember. Anyway, it is commonly done. Mark from Woodhouse knows, I'm sure.

Bill

Reaction score

The fuse is the IOD fuse (it has ears on it for ease of use) and it is up during transport and at the factory to prevent any unnecessary draw on the battery. It should always be engaged at the dealer for the PDI (pre delivery inspection) it is the only way to properly check that everything is working the way it should.

The battery can go dead during storage either way and we always replace the battery before we ship any Viper that has been here more then 2-3 months as a general practice. Warranty does not cover this expense, "lot rot" as it's called so we eat the cost to insure there are no issues when it is delivered.

Not our thread, but thought I would chime in at this point.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well I guess that speaks to the "pre-inspection" many of us got....none....lol.....
What do you want with a 100k car?

OP
OP
M

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score

^ LOL exactly.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The fuse is the IOD fuse (it has ears on it for ease of use) and it is up during transport and at the factory to prevent any unnecessary draw on the battery. It should always be engaged at the dealer for the PDI (pre delivery inspection) it is the only way to properly check that everything is working the way it should.

The battery can go dead during storage either way and we always replace the battery before we ship any Viper that has been here more then 2-3 months as a general practice. Warranty does not cover this expense, "lot rot" as it's called so we eat the cost to insure there are no issues when it is delivered.

Not our thread, but thought I would chime in at this point.

Talk about helping to ensure customer satisfaction!:2tu:

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Both my deliveries from Woodhouse have been flawless,

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score

it was a grey with 2 red stripes down middle 09 with 50 miles on it... i assume it was considered new since that is where i just got my 09 about 6 months ago.

anyone from the board buy it? kinda makes the value of a used one seem not so great. ahahahaha.. :( :D
Chicago motors bought this car, and has it listed for 99k. If you look at cars.com you can still see the listing from Baxter. Friggin dealers are something. Feel like offering them like 82 for the car. LOL

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

shooter_t1 - Thanks for the 411.

bushido - Thanks for the info and recommendation. I knew Max Motors was a cool dealer when I heard they were giving away an AK-47 with every purchase. Hopefully Max Motors will upgrade the AK to nice milled receiver Arsenal or Saiga 12 if you're buying a Viper. :)

msp282 - Thanks for the info. I'm starting to see a trend here. ;)

BlknBlu - Thanks for the input on sales and on your experiences with the dealer.

Smog Dog - Thanks for the info on the fuse.

mjorgensen @ Woodhouse - Thank you very much for the 411 on the IOD, PDI, and lot rot.

ViperJon - I hear ya! For $100k, it should start right up and be properly detailed (or still wrapped).

Alabaster Mamba and fastmd - I consistently hear great things about Woodhouse.

wikkid - Very interesting intel. As of now, same car is still listed on Baxter's websites and their ebay listings. During the course of my recent shopping for Vipers, ZR1s, and GT-Rs (the 3 cars at the top of my list), I found lots of dealers who are still advertising cars that they sold a long time ago. If my first experience with a dealer is a bait-n-switch, or similar shady dealer tactic, I'll probably never do business with them.