Someone slap me, I had better not be dreaming!

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As of July 2, my Stryker is in Frame!!!! I had no idea waiting for an order would be this stressful, LOL.

Woot!!! :headbang::nana::woot:

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how I just snapped and bought a Camaro. Then of course, my car begins construction. Sound familiar? LOL, a bunch of us cancelled or nearly cancelled, then ended up with our Viper in the end. They're just too damned irresistable and bad to the bone. Halle Berry naked on the beach.

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
By my estimate, your dream machine should be in Frame in about 3 weeks, Maureen!
WOO HOO! WOO HOO!

So..how long before you should actually have yours Todd? (and therefore mine..3 weeks later..maybe?!..again....because it's Canada I'm not counting on anything!)...

So glad for you Todd! It's been a long (but worth it) wait!!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to oblige.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOO HOO! WOO HOO!

So..how long before you should actually have yours Todd? (and therefore mine..3 weeks later..maybe?!..again....because it's Canada I'm not counting on anything!)...

So glad for you Todd! It's been a long (but worth it) wait!!

The most recent Viper was delivered here in San Jose 4 weeks after it entered Frame status. Damned fast, considering it was trucked all the way across the nation! But I understand that it just depends on how long it takes for a truck to fill up with Vipers shipping to your area. With the July 4 holiday, I'm hoping for a mid-August delivery.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are going to love it when you get it. The worst thing about the car is how often you have to drop $4 a gallon gas into it...

Funny watching the Sopranos, the opening scene there is a shot of "$0.97" premium gas... Only 14y ago...

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you order it with the Tack Pack?
Last time I checked mine is still in D1 dv400017....

Thanks,
Fly

Yes, Track Pack. My understanding is that if you're in D1 and haven't been contacted by SRT by now, then you are golden. I think the wheel shortage has been solved. Your car should start soon. Holy cow you have a nice low VIN, surprised it hasn't started yet. Then again, I was surprised mine took so long too, and I ordered the first day possible.

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You made frame status the minute you bought the Camaro, you know how karma works! A win-win proposition for you in this case, happily.

Hopefully the uber-special paint won't delay things... I'm hopeful that the build wouldn't have been initiated without having those panels completed.

Again, I CAN NOT WAIT to see your car in person!

Rich

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
psyched to see it...hopefully parts shortages are sorted out and they get it to you quickly. congrats to the most patient guy in America!!

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You made frame status the minute you bought the Camaro, you know how karma works! A win-win proposition for you in this case, happily.

Hopefully the uber-special paint won't delay things... I'm hopeful that the build wouldn't have been initiated without having those panels completed.

Again, I CAN NOT WAIT to see your car in person!

Rich

Hahaha, freakin' hilareous about buying the Camaro, then ****- My Viper build immediately starts! Completely agree, really happy to have a dedicated track car too. But mark my words, I will join you on the track with my Viper once in a while.

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
psyched to see it...hopefully parts shortages are sorted out and they get it to you quickly. congrats to the most patient guy in America!!

Thanks Rick. I followed your path and got another car in the meantime, so maybe I wasn't that patient after all, LOL

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you are so excited lol but you desereve it.
Here is hoping to bring it to you before August!

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Epic news! It's been a long wait for you but at least you can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unofficially in Trim status!!! The VOTs system showed my Viper in Frame status on July 2, coincident with when my dealer gave me a call. As of this morning, it's in Trim. However, I called SRT and they said that they are revamping the VOTs system so they've been unable to give me live updates.

SRT said that Vipers now take about 12 days to build, FYI. That matches what we've seen with forum members. So with any luck, my car will be done in about a week or two.

Cameron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
funny how things have a way of working themselves out.. I was not going to buy a Gen V.. But for the hell of it I built one online exactly how I would want it.. Then the website says my small town Dodge dealer has the exact car sitting on his showroom floor. So I get off my fat ass put some sweats on and a Knicks cap and take a ride over. Turns out car was delivered night before. The entire dealership was around the car and they were taking bets on how long it would take to sell. So I asked the girl at the desk who was the newest salesperson. She introduced me to this young woman. I told her make sure they don't even take off the plastic on the seats. Her jaw dropped. The sales manager came over and started to lecture me on how much the car would cost etc.. I said"wire transfer" please. And I wanted all the keys right then and there as no one else was going to drive the car. They agreed and within 3 hrs my fat ass was sticking to the plastic placed over the fine red Laguna interior of my white with Black stripes GTS!!!
I also gave the girl an extra 100.00 as she stood next to the car until I could drive off in it. Wanted no one else to even sit in it.. GOD I LOVE MY VIPER!!!!!!!

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
funny how things have a way of working themselves out.. I was not going to buy a Gen V.. But for the hell of it I built one online exactly how I would want it.. Then the website says my small town Dodge dealer has the exact car sitting on his showroom floor. So I get off my fat ass put some sweats on and a Knicks cap and take a ride over. Turns out car was delivered night before. The entire dealership was around the car and they were taking bets on how long it would take to sell. So I asked the girl at the desk who was the newest salesperson. She introduced me to this young woman. I told her make sure they don't even take off the plastic on the seats. Her jaw dropped. The sales manager came over and started to lecture me on how much the car would cost etc.. I said"wire transfer" please. And I wanted all the keys right then and there as no one else was going to drive the car. They agreed and within 3 hrs my fat ass was sticking to the plastic placed over the fine red Laguna interior of my white with Black stripes GTS!!!
I also gave the girl an extra 100.00 as she stood next to the car until I could drive off in it. Wanted no one else to even sit in it.. GOD I LOVE MY VIPER!!!!!!!
Nice, now thats how you buy a car.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ahahaha, that's awesome. I hope someday I can do something similar. :headbang:

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is the best damn story yet, congrats and enjoy the car. I had to fly out of state to get my car back in 2009 and amazingly, once the phrase "wire transfer account number please?" was said, the deal was done in 30 minutes.

Cheers,
George