1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone slap me, I had better not be dreaming!

Discussion in 'Generation V Discussions / SRT Coupe, GTS, GTC, AC' started by VENOM V, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Nine Ball

Nine Ball Enthusiast

Awesome. Congrats!

2. VENOM V

VENOM V Enthusiast

That's the way to do it!!! It's funny how much the long wait has tortured many of us that ordered in November. I'm now on the home stretch, should have my Viper within weeks!

I bought my Camaro 1LE in the same way that you bought your Viper. There are a bunch of guys in the Camaro club that ordered. As for me, I did a California-wide search. Found my stripped Inferno Orange Camaro, about the only option was the track package (1LE). That kept it cheap. I negotiated everything over the phone, got it in writing, then jumped on the plane! The car was fresh off the truck, it still had the white protective plastic on it the night before. They had to dealer prep it as I was in the air. No one drove it but me, no scratches due to multiple careless car washes while it sat on the lot. I decided to buy one as my track car Thursday, found it Friday, negotiated Saturday, drove it home Sunday!

3. ViperSmith

ViperSmith Enthusiast

And then your car went into frame LOL

4. SilveRT8

SilveRT8 Enthusiast

Exact same thing just happened to me !!
    But then I woke-up !

5. NastyGTS

NastyGTS Viper Owner

I seriously just LOL

6. VENOM V

VENOM V Enthusiast

So true! My friends must think I'm nuts. And they would be correct

7. Cameron

Cameron Enthusiast

Funny thing was I looked like a Fnnn bum! My sweats were ripped my sneakers were the ones I mow my lawn with. My t shirt had seen one too many Dominos late night attacks! But like my mother always said never judge a book by its cover..
    I may have met a lot of you at Chucks Tators BBQ over the years. I am not new here. Just lost my old ID. Everyone calls me Dolph as I look a hell of lot like Dolph Lundgren. It feels so good to be back in the Viper community. I sold my 05 back in 09 and just jumped from motorcycles to older restorations with my dad. Once I saw this car I knew I was back in the saddle. LONG LIVE SRT!!!!

8. MoparMan

MoparMan Enthusiast

That is an awesome story; I guarantee you gave that girl a story to tell for many years to come! Glad it all fell into place for you.

9. JETSTAR

JETSTAR Enthusiast

I bought my 2013 427 vert the same way walked in looked at the car and no salesman came over so I asked this young girl for some help she said she was in training. I told her to sell me the car you should have seen her smile when MY VETTE.jpg 06-SS Wide Vette 6.jpg I wrote them a check and drove it home. Last week I ordered a 2014 Laguna blue Z51 Vette from her too

10. Cameron

Cameron Enthusiast

Gotta admit your bow tie order is spot on. Same exact options and color that I would order. But sadly my wife would knock the piss out of me if I bought anymore toys. Just finished a bike build. Something I always wanted to do.
    bike1.jpg bike2.jpg bike3.jpg

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  11. JETSTAR

JETSTAR Enthusiast

Cool bike but the grey hairs down here will run over you down here
    I build custom wide body corvettes and my wife's car is on the cover of Corvett Magizne for September
    image.jpg
    This is my F750 Harley truck it's as close as they let me get to a bike anymore :-/

12. JETSTAR

JETSTAR Enthusiast

Also my wife is about to make me start sleeping in the garage because I have about 35 cars and still buying more
    Don't tell her but I like that idea

13. Cameron

Cameron Enthusiast

That is awesome bro!! Nice to see fellow Americans pursuing and achieving their dreams!!! 35 cars! I would not even know where to begin. And that F750 is just unreal ! I love custom stuff like that. That is where true well laid out and engineered plans come to life ! What color did you go with on the Viper? I have white with black stripes, red interior GTS!

14. JETSTAR

JETSTAR Enthusiast

Mine is all black GTS checked all the boxes except stripes it will look like my avatar and should be here next week I hope

15. mnc2886

mnc2886 Enthusiast

Lots of pics or ban!!!!

16. JETSTAR

JETSTAR Enthusiast

Count on it

17. ViperGal

ViperGal Enthusiast

If you think you are dreaming now - wait until it is delivered. The curves - check. The paint job - check. The driving pleasure - check. The Interior - HELLO - they really stepped it up and did themselves proud delivering an interior worthy of such a performance and exterior. If you need a pinch now ... just wait! :drive: