Someone slap me, I had better not be dreaming!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
funny how things have a way of working themselves out.. I was not going to buy a Gen V.. But for the hell of it I built one online exactly how I would want it.. Then the website says my small town Dodge dealer has the exact car sitting on his showroom floor. So I get off my fat ass put some sweats on and a Knicks cap and take a ride over. Turns out car was delivered night before. The entire dealership was around the car and they were taking bets on how long it would take to sell. So I asked the girl at the desk who was the newest salesperson. She introduced me to this young woman. I told her make sure they don't even take off the plastic on the seats. Her jaw dropped. The sales manager came over and started to lecture me on how much the car would cost etc.. I said"wire transfer" please. And I wanted all the keys right then and there as no one else was going to drive the car. They agreed and within 3 hrs my fat ass was sticking to the plastic placed over the fine red Laguna interior of my white with Black stripes GTS!!!
I also gave the girl an extra 100.00 as she stood next to the car until I could drive off in it. Wanted no one else to even sit in it.. GOD I LOVE MY VIPER!!!!!!!

Awesome. Congrats!

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
funny how things have a way of working themselves out.. I was not going to buy a Gen V.. But for the hell of it I built one online exactly how I would want it.. Then the website says my small town Dodge dealer has the exact car sitting on his showroom floor. So I get off my fat ass put some sweats on and a Knicks cap and take a ride over. Turns out car was delivered night before. The entire dealership was around the car and they were taking bets on how long it would take to sell. So I asked the girl at the desk who was the newest salesperson. She introduced me to this young woman. I told her make sure they don't even take off the plastic on the seats. Her jaw dropped. The sales manager came over and started to lecture me on how much the car would cost etc.. I said"wire transfer" please. And I wanted all the keys right then and there as no one else was going to drive the car. They agreed and within 3 hrs my fat ass was sticking to the plastic placed over the fine red Laguna interior of my white with Black stripes GTS!!!
I also gave the girl an extra 100.00 as she stood next to the car until I could drive off in it. Wanted no one else to even sit in it.. GOD I LOVE MY VIPER!!!!!!!

That's the way to do it!!! It's funny how much the long wait has tortured many of us that ordered in November. I'm now on the home stretch, should have my Viper within weeks!

I bought my Camaro 1LE in the same way that you bought your Viper. There are a bunch of guys in the Camaro club that ordered. As for me, I did a California-wide search. Found my stripped Inferno Orange Camaro, about the only option was the track package (1LE). That kept it cheap. I negotiated everything over the phone, got it in writing, then jumped on the plane! The car was fresh off the truck, it still had the white protective plastic on it the night before. They had to dealer prep it as I was in the air. No one drove it but me, no scratches due to multiple careless car washes while it sat on the lot. I decided to buy one as my track car Thursday, found it Friday, negotiated Saturday, drove it home Sunday!

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the way to do it!!! It's funny how much the long wait has tortured many of us that ordered in November. I'm now on the home stretch, should have my Viper within weeks!

I bought my Camaro 1LE in the same way that you bought your Viper. There are a bunch of guys in the Camaro club that ordered. As for me, I did a California-wide search. Found my stripped Inferno Orange Camaro, about the only option was the track package (1LE). That kept it cheap. I negotiated everything over the phone, got it in writing, then jumped on the plane! The car was fresh off the truck, it still had the white protective plastic on it the night before. They had to dealer prep it as I was in the air. No one drove it but me, no scratches due to multiple careless car washes while it sat on the lot. I decided to buy one as my track car Thursday, found it Friday, negotiated Saturday, drove it home Sunday!

And then your car went into frame LOL

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exact same thing just happened to me !!
But then I woke-up !

NastyGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I seriously just LOL

Cameron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny thing was I looked like a Fnnn bum! My sweats were ripped my sneakers were the ones I mow my lawn with. My t shirt had seen one too many Dominos late night attacks! But like my mother always said never judge a book by its cover..
I may have met a lot of you at Chucks Tators BBQ over the years. I am not new here. Just lost my old ID. Everyone calls me Dolph as I look a hell of lot like Dolph Lundgren. It feels so good to be back in the Viper community. I sold my 05 back in 09 and just jumped from motorcycles to older restorations with my dad. Once I saw this car I knew I was back in the saddle. LONG LIVE SRT!!!!

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is an awesome story; I guarantee you gave that girl a story to tell for many years to come! Glad it all fell into place for you.

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

I bought my 2013 427 vert the same way walked in looked at the car and no salesman came over so I asked this young girl for some help she said she was in training. I told her to sell me the car you should have seen her smile when
You must be registered for see images attach
I wrote them a check and drove it home. Last week I ordered a 2014 Laguna blue Z51 Vette from her too

Cameron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my 2013 427 vert the same way walked in looked at the car and no salesman came over so I asked this young girl for some help she said she was in training. I told her to sell me the car you should have seen her smile when
I wrote them a check and drove it home. Last week I ordered a 2014 Laguna blue Z51 Vette from her too
Gotta admit your bow tie order is spot on. Same exact options and color that I would order. But sadly my wife would knock the piss out of me if I bought anymore toys. Just finished a bike build. Something I always wanted to do.

Last edited:

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Gotta admit your bow tie order is spot on. Same exact options and color that I would order. But sadly my wife would knock the piss out of me if I bought anymore toys. Just finished a bike build. Something I always wanted to do.

Cool bike but the grey hairs down here will run over you down here
I build custom wide body corvettes and my wife's car is on the cover of Corvett Magizne for September

This is my F750 Harley truck it's as close as they let me get to a bike anymore :-/

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Also my wife is about to make me start sleeping in the garage because I have about 35 cars and still buying more
Don't tell her but I like that idea

Cameron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also my wife is about to make me start sleeping in the garage because I have about 35 cars and still buying more
Don't tell her but I like that idea
That is awesome bro!! Nice to see fellow Americans pursuing and achieving their dreams!!! 35 cars! I would not even know where to begin. And that F750 is just unreal ! I love custom stuff like that. That is where true well laid out and engineered plans come to life ! What color did you go with on the Viper? I have white with black stripes, red interior GTS!

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
That is awesome bro!! Nice to see fellow Americans pursuing and achieving their dreams!!! 35 cars! I would not even know where to begin. And that F750 is just unreal ! I love custom stuff like that. That is where true well laid out and engineered plans come to life ! What color did you go with on the Viper? I have white with black stripes, red interior GTS!

Mine is all black GTS checked all the boxes except stripes it will look like my avatar and should be here next week I hope

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you think you are dreaming now - wait until it is delivered. The curves - check. The paint job - check. The driving pleasure - check. The Interior - HELLO - they really stepped it up and did themselves proud delivering an interior worthy of such a performance and exterior. If you need a pinch now ... just wait! :drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper