Sourcing Obsolete Parts For Gen I and Gen II Vipers

jayriddle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 1 driver's side door pull/handle (have also seen this described as "door latch remote control"). Not sure of the part number.

Mine is still working to open the door, but the spring that pulls the handle back into its recessed position gave out. Passenger side is available from a few sources, but I cannot find the driver's side.

Samhane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know where I could find a hood release handle? Mine broke.

Viper Swag

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The National Officers of the Viper Club of America have decided to move forward on the "Old Parts Project". I will be working directly with the National Officers and SRT. The purpose of this post is to identify the Obsolete parts and list them here. We need your input: Let us know what you have not been able to get or replace on your car. When we get a list together this list will be presented to SRT.

Please list the year of the car, and describe the Obsolete Part. Things like fasteners, antenna mount, weather-strips, side curtains, soft tops or even specific parts of a soft top, AC system and parts, etc.

Please be patient and thanks.
Merry Christmas Jeff,

I have fuel level sensors for the Gen I if anyone needs one

justin5809

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone know where I may be able to find the driver side door panel for a 96 GTS or have experience with a fabricator that could repair a warped panel?

Midlife Crisis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are windshields for Gen 1 still a Unicorn ? Are the polycarbonate ones from Shields street legal ?
Saw a few NOS in Ohio on Ebay, but too far away and too tough to ship.

Viper Swag

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The National Officers of the Viper Club of America have decided to move forward on the "Old Parts Project". I will be working directly with the National Officers and SRT. The purpose of this post is to identify the Obsolete parts and list them here. We need your input: Let us know what you have not been able to get or replace on your car. When we get a list together this list will be presented to SRT.

Please list the year of the car, and describe the Obsolete Part. Things like fasteners, antenna mount, weather-strips, side curtains, soft tops or even specific parts of a soft top, AC system and parts, etc.

Please be patient and thanks.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gen 1 Parts unavailable from Mopar
Head gaskets
Oil Pan gasket
Ignition wires
Reman Engines
Reman Transmissions
Camshafts
Flywheels
Headlights
Bumper covers
Radiator supports
Shocks
Fuel Pump Modules
Fuel Pressure regulatros
SBEC engine controllers (super hard to find)
VIC Ignition controllers
Engine wiring harness
Rear sway bar links
Reman steering racks
Control Arms
Door Trim /
Inner door handle trim
Center console cover
Dash Paint
Windshield wiper motors

Samhane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for GEN1/2 headlights. Trying to finish a GTS/ACR project. Will pay well! :)

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you call those vent flaps at the rear of the front wheel wells? It looks like they're made of a fiber paper and mine are about to rip off.

dicky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you call those vent flaps at the rear of the front wheel wells? It looks like they're made of a fiber paper and mine are about to rip off.
Not sure what they are called but I assume you are talking about these.

I found a guy that made these a while back and they work great. I sent him a message to see if he still makes them. I’ll let you know what he says if I hear back.

Attachments

• F420C919-BF36-48FC-BCE0-62A51AE98200.png
    F420C919-BF36-48FC-BCE0-62A51AE98200.png
    311.5 KB · Views: 26

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah that's it! I'm surprised they aren't more available. I would think they all fall apart pretty quickly.

dicky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is from him.

I don’t know where else to get them. Sorry man.

Attachments

• 2BA12C62-19A4-4546-A3D3-12A5AFB6FAAD.png
    2BA12C62-19A4-4546-A3D3-12A5AFB6FAAD.png
    246.3 KB · Views: 19

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's got to be an alternative source. I thought I saw something a few years ago that somebody made an alternative part.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
If I remember right I think those are just like masticated rubber or something. You could probably buy a sheet of it and cut it yourself with a utility knife if you really wanted a new set quickly. Probably wouldn't look quite as nice as something water jetted or die cut or something like that, but could restore function at least.

Maniako

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking for a wiper motor VIPER GTS 97 " Right Wiper Motor: #4643065

99RT10GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are windshields for Gen 1 still a Unicorn ? Are the polycarbonate ones from Shields street legal ?
Saw a few NOS in Ohio on Ebay, but too far away and too tough to ship.

I have a couple of aftermarket windshields for sale. I drive up north to VA if you want to meet up in person to grab one

99RT10GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score