Southern Cailf. NOS installation???

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Ben, I already checked with Dan at S.M. Dodge, bringing the snake in Monday for some other work they DON'T do nitrous, anybody else got any suggestions.

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a moderate level of mechanical ablility the NOS 5180 system is easy to install(I installed mine myself 2 years ago) and I bet that BTR has good instructions for the rest of the installation, i'd do it myself as a weekend project so as not to be rushed..

Read your instructions carefully,take your time,use teflon tape and keep the connections clean. Test the solenoids with the propane and NOS valves shut off.. Open up the valves and then use soapy water to look for leaks.

Then take her out and get a feel for that extra raw power. ((Word to the wise))anything less than 3rd gear when activating you'll bang the rev limiter before you can get out of it :) That's actually a bad thing because the NOS is spraying into a dry motor when that happens :-( Also, Be sure not to spray the NOS/Propane into your motor when not running over 3000 rpm..

The instructions for wiring hookup that came with my kit were for the RT10 and did not match the wiring on my GTS although i'm sure Tom has remedied that for his customers.. Good Luck!!

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are in luck So Cal has the best Nitrous installation/tune facility. They have done several vipers in the past, and actualy one as recent as a week ago. The owners name is Darren, very nice guy and knows his stuff. He actualy knows the people at NX very well and helped them test alot of their products in the R&D stages and beyond. This shop is actualy involved in alot of automotive R&D projects including building engines for the worlds fastest imports. And before you say what does an import have to do with my viper, well they also build domestics cars and boats.

Name is of the shop is R&D 310-516-1003, and yes they are an NX dealer as well. Just remember if you want them to work on your car set up an appointment the guys are very bussy. And they will also dyno tune your car for you, to show you back to back comparisons. While you are there offcourse.

nutsRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Wayne Skiles runs NOS in his Viper. I think he lives in San Bernadino. Forum nickname is BAD VIPER.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery