Southwest Rendezvous coming up this weekend, June 20-22!

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone in the Southwest Zone should feel good, since it looks like we will probably end up with a complete sell out of 100 member cars, and as many as 175+ people for our social events. I think we sold out the hotel too! What a party it's going to be at Texas Motor Speedway on Saturday, and the Circle-R-Ranch that night! For parking our own Vipers inside the track, we've even been given the Indy Racing League garage area at the last minute. Sweet!

We will have two different courses set up inside TMS, and the media is going to give us a lot of coverage. We've even been promised a "cover" out of this event from one of our Texas based magazine publications. Score another one for Dodge's Vipers and SRT-4's!

The Marriott Solana Resort is again going WAY out of their way to make our stay memorable. Vendor Alley will be available for setup at NOON on Friday, a full hour before registration opens. Tuner cars will also be on display just a short distance away in the large entry circle.

Best of all...... the underground parking may not even be a necessity this year. The weather forecast was just changed today..... from previously predicted RAIN, to perfect weather now. It may even stay in the 80's with some clouds to hide the sun and keep the track even cooler!

Let's have some fun this weekend! See "y'all" soon! Welcome to Texas! :cool:

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Southwest Rendezvous coming up this weekend!

Wing,

We leave in the morning to start the long trip. Any word on parking space for trailers at the hotel??

See y'all soon

john

OP
OP
W

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Long trip?? Hey John, you're a Texan! Houston's just a mite south of Dallas! :D There is quite a bit of public parking in front of the hotel during the weekend because those lots are shared with an office building. We were worried about this back in 2001, and the hotel said we could park trailers across the street in their large health club lot. We didn't come close to needing that. We'll get it handled and I'm sure you will be ok. See you there.

CajunViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Look foward to seeing everyone there. Thanks goes to Kingman for doing such a great job putting this on. Oh Yea, thanks to Dodge also.

Can't wait to get there.

Dean

cycloneGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Southwest Rendezvous was an awesome event! SRT-10 and SRT-4 performances are better than advertised!! Thanks again for putting it together, King! Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

A fun event indeed. Great cars, people and food.

Many thankx to the King, Kim Vogt, Mitch Wehlry, Bob Dunfee, Rich Carlson(DCX)and many others for putting this on. Thankx to PVO for the cars who were really the stars of the show. Flat out and abused all day in the Texas heat and not a blip from any of them.

OP
OP
W

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who came and made this such a huge event. It was impossible to get a completely accurate count of all the Vipers inside the Speedway, but I'm certain that tuner cars and unregistered "drop ins" took us to way over 100 cars. In fact, we did not forecast that so MANY entrants AND their spouses would sign up to drive the factory cars. I think we had more than 150 drivers that had to get 4 laps in the SRT's. If we do this AGAIN in 2005, it will need THREE courses running...... and a full year of planning to add a day of drag racing as well.

Special thanks go out to Dan Knott and the guys at PVO for providing us these awesome SRT products. Their durability was simply unbelievable. There is NO doubt in my mind that Dodge will sell a lot of additional cars and trucks stemming from this event, not only just to VCA members, but also plenty of very impressed spectators.

Kim Vogt came down from Viper Headquarters and did a simply amazing job making things run smoothly. And, then there was our fearless VCA national Treasurer..... Madman Mitch....... who walks up and lays down the fastest time of the day on his third run...... with one of our VIP guests as a passenger. We are humbled down here. But, watch out for our Southwest guys at the drags! :D

I'm going to just say it straight out......... any VCA member who passes up the chance to attend one of these Rendezvous thingys is NUTS!! I feel sorry for you if some kind of freak thing keeps you from coming. If you're just not interested................. how sad. :( These events are doing a good job of keeping costs down, thanks to the national VCA subsidy, so not much excuse there either. Go have some FUN! We sure did! :D

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
King,

Guess I need to update that avatar info. It actually was a long trip, as we live just south of Pittsburgh now (3200+ miles in the last week). Still keeping my membership in the Houston club for now as I haven't seen much Viper action up here yet.

Had a great time. thanks to all who made it happen.