Splash CT Brunch Cruise Aug. 4th 2013

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meeting at the commuter parking lot off i95 Exit 18 Sherwood Island Connector in Westport CT at 10:30 AM, departing the commuter lot at 10:45 AM. If coming Northbound i95, take a left at the end of the ramp and go straight through the next two traffic lights and the parking lot is on your right. If coming i95 Southbound, take a right at the end of the ramp and go straight through the next two traffic lights and the parking lot is on your right.

Link to meeting spot: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=41.128...gl=us&t=m&z=16

The buffet price is $39 which includes one drink such as a mimosa. It doesn't include tip or tax. This is the CT event where the club will kick in some $$ to lower the cost. The club will kick in $20 per club member, the final cost will be $19 per club member, not including tax, tip or alcohol.

Here is the route we will take to Splash and if you click the box that says (include large map, you will see a map of the route) : http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...AG53_3aCw&pw=2

Here is a link to Splash: http://www.decarorestaurantgroup.com/restaurants/splash/about-splash/

About Splash Restaurant & Bar

You must be registered for see images
LUNCH NOW OPEN TUESDAY – SATURDAY until MEMORIAL DAY

Located in the beautiful town of Westport in a corner of an historic inn with an uninterrupted and breathtaking view of the Long Island Sound, Splash has just been awarded by The Food Network “best of” New England waterfront dining. Splash has rediscovered its American roots and deftly blends them with Asian accents. Since its opening in 1995, the lively and innovative Splash has attracted many loyal diners and has become a popular meeting place for all Southwestern Connecticut. Like the town of Westport, its interior/exterior combines tradition with vibrant contemporary sensibility.
For simple starters, the Raw Bar proposes chilled Maine lobster, West Coast oysters, and other straightforward seafood delights.
Salads are extraordinary, featuring the signature crispy calamari and roasted chicken salads and green salad with crispy goat cheese dumplings.
You must be registered for see images

Dessert specialties include the Chocolate Pagoda (chocolate tuiles layered with praline mousse, ice cream, and chocolate sauce), banana spring roll (combining bananas with macadamia nuts and pecan and almond cream and gilded in passion fruit and vanilla sauces), and a marvelous mango creme brulee. Adjacent to our main dining room, Splash features a cozy private dining area with fire place overlooking the Longshore Golf Course. Private dining is available 365 days a year. And from May 1st to October 1st, the Patio Bar, under the stars at the very edge of Long Island Sound, becomes the most animated and exciting grown-up playground in Connecticut. In the dining room itself, the small but carefully chosen wine list offers a world’s worth of excellent wines at modest prices.
Splash is owned and operated by the De Caro Restaurant Group, whose other establishment include Baang Cafe & Bar in Greenwich, Connecticut. Splash is located at the Inn at Longshore, 260 Compo Road South, Westport, Connecticut, and is open for Dinner nightly, Sunday Brunch and is also open for Lunch service during the Summer Season from Monday-Saturday. Splash is known throughout the area for catering weddings, receptions, and other special events, both at the restaurant and off-site. For more information, call 203.454.7798.
LocationSplash Restaurant & Bar
260 Compo Road SouthWestport, Connecticut 06880Telephone: (203) 454-7798[For Directions, Click Here]
Spring Hours – Closed on Mondays until Memorial Day
LunchTuesday - Saturday: 12:00PM to 2:30PM
Brunch:Sunday: 11:00AM to 2:00PM
DinnerTuesday – Thursday - 5:30PM - 9:00PM Friday & Saturday – 5:30PM – 10:00PM
Sunday – 5:00PM – 8:00 PM
Patio Bar will be opening in the middle of May

Winter Hours (December 20th-April 8th)
We are closed on Mondays
Brunch:Sunday: 11:00AM to 2:00PM
Dinner:Tuesday – Thursday: 5:30PM – 9:00PM
Friday – Saturday: 5:30PM – 10:00PM
Sunday: 5:00PM to 8:00PM

If you wish to work off some of the buffet and have some fun on the water, rent a boat, canoe, or kayak from Longshore sailing school. They have lockers available to rent to put your belongings in. Here is the link: http://www.longshoresailingschool.co...?p=boatRentals

Boat Rentals

Boating doesn't get more affordable and hassle free! Whether you walk-in or reserve ahead of time, your boat will be set-up and launched by our courteous staff. We provide life-jackets of all sizes, from children to adults.
The magnificent Westport coastline should be experienced by all. For the fitness minded, try our Hobie Kayaks. Our kayaks are extremely stable and easy to use, requiring no experience. Our staff will have you paddling like a pro in minutes. We also have sailboats for all ability levels, capable of carrying up to four passengers. More experience will be needed if weather conditions are challenging.
All rentals are monitored from shore and safety boats can offer assistance if needed.
Rental Prices Last I knew these were the prices but they may have changed:

BoatHourly*Capacity
Hobie Getaway$46Up to five passengers
Hobie Wave$36Up to four passengers
Hunter 140$28Up to four passengers
Laser$28One or two passengers
Bug$20Two children or one small adult
Stand-Up Paddleboard$20One person per board
Hobie Kayak (Double)$22Two person Kayak
Hobie Kayak (Single)$18One person Kayak
Canoe$20Up to three passengers

Last edited:

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adrian and Georgia
Randy + 1
Hyman
Joe + 1

Some of us will meet at 9:45am @:

Mobile Gas Station off The Hutchinson River Pkwy heading North

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Attending:

Jimmy & Juliana
Steven & Maria
Tony + 3
Adrian and Georgia
Randy + 1
Hyman
Joe +1

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Attending:

Jimmy & Juliana
Steven & Maria
Tony + 3
Adrian and Georgia
Randy + 1
Hyman
Joe +1
Mike/Barbara
Rocky +3
Mindy + 1

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Attending:

Jimmy & Juliana
Steven & Maria
Tony + 3
Adrian and Georgia
Randy + 1
Hyman
Wizard
Joe +1
Mike/Barbara
Rocky +3
Mindy + 1

"Hobie Kayak [single] $18" Tony, this has your Name on it....I'll pay! :lmao:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy, sounds great, when it the latest I can let you know? Please add Peter & Sam as a tentative.

Thanks for setting up, love brunch at Splash.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy, sounds great, when it the latest I can let you know? Please add Peter & Sam as a tentative.

Thanks for setting up, love brunch at Splash.
Peter, I'm sure they can accommodate us in any last minute changes in the party size. Tony might be off in the Kayak anyway, I feel a red versus yellow kayak race coming on. :D :push: :sinking::eater:

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Attending:

Jimmy & Juliana
Steven & Maria
Tony + 3
Adrian and Georgia
Randy + 1
Hyman
Wizard
Joe +1
Mike/Barbara
Rocky +3
Mindy + 1
Peter & Sam *Tentative

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Attending:

Jimmy & Juliana
Steven & Maria
Tony + 3
Adrian and Georgia
Randy + 1
Hyman
Wizard
Joe +1
Mike/Barbara
Rocky +3
Mindy + 1
Ed Carver
Peter & Sam *Tentative
SlateEd *Plus One Maybe

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy (and Gang), I'm sorry to say but scheduling conflicts have nix'd us attending the Splash Brunch this Sunday. This summer has been a bear in terms of scheduling and this weekend is no different! I am hoping to make a few more events before the year is out.

Have a fabulous time at Splash!

Peter & Sam

Mamba55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me know if it is not too late but if not count me in + 1

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy (and Gang), I'm sorry to say but scheduling conflicts have nix'd us attending the Splash Brunch this Sunday. This summer has been a bear in terms of scheduling and this weekend is no different! I am hoping to make a few more events before the year is out.

Have a fabulous time at Splash!

Peter & Sam
I can relate, this has been a busy summer for us too! No problem, we'll catch you at another event soon.

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Attending:

Jimmy & Juliana
Steven & Maria
Tony + 3
Adrian and Georgia
Randy + 1
Hyman
Wizard
Joe +1
Mike/Barbara
Rocky +3
Mindy + 1
Ed Carver
Mamba 55 +1
SlateEd *Plus One Maybe

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of us will meet at 9:45am @:

Mobile Gas Station off The Hutchinson River Pkwy heading North and from there head over to meet the others

Helo Steve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jimmy,

Count me in for sure, with a tentative +1. Will let you know as soon as I know. Looking forward to this, hear the food is great!

-Steve

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Attending:

Jimmy & Juliana
Steven & Maria
Tony + 3
Adrian and Georgia
Randy + 1
Hyman
Wizard
Joe +1
Mike/Barbara
Rocky +3
Mindy + 1
Ed Carver
Mamba 55 +1
SlateEd *Plus One Maybe
Helo Steve *Plus One Maybe

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great weather today! Sunny and low 80's. See you all soon for an awesome brunch!
Attending:

Jimmy & Juliana
Steven & Maria
Tony + 3
Adrian and Georgia
Randy + 1
Hyman
Wizard
Joe +1
Mike/Barbara
Rocky +3
Mindy + 1