SRT/10 convertible with hardtop

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good morning all (from hot and sweaty south Louisiana)

One of the reasons I didn't buy a convertible is because typically, the tops don't fair well in the humidity.
But I haven't seen anybody post a Gen III pic with a hardtop (besides going to a vendor's site)

Has anybody out there got a pic of a Gen III convertible with a hardtop? Really would like to see what one looks like.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From your own back yard...
8881sendme5.jpg

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
8881sendme5.jpg

I never care too much for the gen1/2 in black, but the gen3 looks awesome in it. I guess the black hides the curves on the early gens, whereas it brings out the edges on the gen3's.

The hardtop is sweet too. I'd prefer that over the srt coupe.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
"The hardtop is sweet too. I'd prefer that over the srt coupe."

Exactly, because you can't do this with the coupe

You must be registered for see images

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
8881sendme5.jpg

I noticed you didn't add the side skirt/splitter to your car -- any reason?

Also, how's driving it around town with the front splitter? I used to love the way my RT10 looked with my crazy SVSI front splitter, but it scraped EVERYTHING and was near impossible to drive in certain parts of town where there are a lot of drains running through streets.

I was holding off on doing anything major with my SRT10 until the new coupe was announced, but it looks like it's going to be the same HP and same look as was announced.

Sorry if this has been asked a ton, but I have been off this forum for quite some time, but I hear that the hard tops are pretty brutal when it comes to shielding out the sound (vs. a traditional coupe.) How much of a difference is there, say between a GTS and the SRT10 with the hard dop on, in terms of road noise?

-Manny

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Manny,

I'll have my SRT-10 with Autoform hardtop on at Willowsprings. I can take you around the track a couple times at lunch if you'd like.

It's much quieter than the soft top. It's almost as quiet as in the GTS on the freeway, but the hard top does sqeak a bit when on rough roads or going over bumps (you can't hear this with the radio on or at all in a helmet).

It's a good addition.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ugliest wing I've ever seen married to a car. Car/wing combo is horrible. All else looks great. Someone needs to design a wing that matches the SRT10 so I can get one when I buy an SRT10.. ;)

G

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manny, I have the side skirts, but I'm trying to modify the way they go on the car, I want everything to be reversible...No problems with the front splitter. As for the hard top, I agree with Viper X it's a great addition.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald...I guess we disagree, I love the wing, it's perfect for the car, I see no divorce in the near future... :laugh:
You must be registered for see images

Mamba55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey i am looking at the hardtop very nice and the wing for sure it is perfect with this car. What i wanted to ask you was i am looking at the pics and it seems that the rag top is still in there. I know that can't be but please correct me. Also what is the ease of putting the top on and off. Also did they give you a hardtop cover stand?

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Mamba55, the soft top is not effected or altered at all, so if you leave the hard top behind and it rains it's there. The hard top latches the same way the soft top does, takes minuets to put on or take off, no tools required and yes it comes with it's own stand.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the same wing that is on my GTS, only my wing came as part of a whole body kit (you can't remove it from the body as it's all one piece.)

Gerald, I agree with you that they should make a better wing. I still like the way the wing looks, but I have a feeling the car looks funky with the wing and without the hard top (in full convertible mode.) Do you have a picture of this?

I don't care if a new wing is a total poser piece and has no down force -- just make one that looks good. I wish they would make a deck lid type wing, similar to what most of the Gen 1 an Gen 2 RT/10's have. Something that is nice and low to the body and has some curve to it. That would look kick ass IMO.

Gerald, what did you think of Doug Levin's SRT-10 with the autoform kit on it? I have yet to see a car in person with the whole kit. I've seen Brad's white Mamba with the hard top and it looks good, but no car that has the front and side splitters, the roof and the wing.

Mamba55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks DSR207 for your quick response. All i have to ask is a few questions:
1. where can i buy?
2. How much does it cost?
3. How much is the install or can i do this myself?

Thanks,
Paul

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manny, the wing is adjustable, it depends on how much down force you need, I do agree that it would look funny with the wing only on, but it comes off in five minuets. :cool:
Mamba55, it's very easy install, you do nothing for the top install, front splitter mounts on using the existing three screws per side, side skirts about fifteen minuets per side and wing about 30 minuets for first time install, brackets mounts on the inside of the trunk, hidden. wing on and off, about five to 10 minuets. Call Tony for price :2tu: Autuform

Mamba55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DSR207
Thanks for the heads up but tony already jump the gun sent me an email and explained to me how it all works and pricing. Also i am only going to do the hardtop. It is pretty easy the way he explained it to me. One question since you already have it on. How does the AC hold up in that because right now each time i drive the car i feel like i am loosing weight for it get really hot.

Thanks,
Paul

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The top looks ok. i don]t know if i would do the front spliter because the corners look too square. JMHO

Max

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Mamba55,

A/C will freeze you out with a hard top on. Works very well, much better than with a soft top or no top.

Dan