SRT-10 ram ?

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey, didn't the LT1 vette motors used to be in chevy caprices?? is chevy still not putting the LT1's in police Tahoe's?? Is teh Vette motor not put in over 30,000 copies a year?? It's been discussed over and over and I've found the general concensus to be that it's a welcome addition becasue it's going to bring the aftermarket for the V-10 down. That said it's pretty much the only characteristic they'll share. Why is the viper 80K if the truck is going to be much less???? easy.. this truck will not handle, stop or out accelerate the viper EVER. This truck will probably end up being 42K and up, I'm sure people would gladly pay more for an N/A v-10 over an s/c v-8.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vic,

What made you think that the engine was why the Viper cost so much? The engine is just about the same price as a hood... or the price of the sidesills and doors, etc, etc. The Viper is not the price it is because it has some unobtanium-forged engine.

In addition, the SRT Ram will not be a competitor to the Viper in any sort of acceleration test, handling test, braking test, or top speed test. Does the LS1 in the Camaro cheapen the Corvette? The Camaro is a competitor to the Vette in several performance categories, where the Ram SRT will not rival the Viper in much.

So no, I don't think it cheapens the Viper at all. And honestly I'd question the motives of folks who felt that their car had been cheapened. If any of the folks here are concerned about the Viper being "cheapened" by the Ram SRT, go out and buy a Ferrari or a Porsche and baske in all the snobbish glory that comes with having something "special".

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last i heard, even Porsche is going to use the same motor for both their new SUV and the upcoming 911TT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32