SRT Experience

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just did the SRT Experience while we were in Vegas on vacation. Well worth it. The drag race part was kind of slow.

The best part: on the track. I was surprised I had a better time driving the 300C at 100+ than the Charger.

And to cap off the day? I was one of the lucky ones that got to ride hot laps in one of two Vipers they brought. Ricky Haymes (sp?) put the Viper through it's paces.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are lucky, John! We did the SRT Experience, and there was only one Viper there...for a photo op. NO Vipers were driven, and we were the only Viper Owner there. Glad ya had fun!
~juli

ViperVeryOrange

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just did the SRT Experience while we were in Vegas on vacation. Well worth it. The drag race part was kind of slow.

The best part: on the track. I was surprised I had a better time driving the 300C at 100+ than the Charger.

And to cap off the day? I was one of the lucky ones that got to ride hot laps in one of two Vipers they brought. Ricky Haymes (sp?) put the Viper through it's paces.

I just did mine at Road America in WI a couple of weeks ago. I also got to do the "Hot Lap" in the Viper with Ricky, 160mph+!!!!!!!!!! The whole day was a lot of fun beating on someone elses cars.

V

Venomiss

Glad you had a good time. Did you take any pictures in Vegas?

OP
OP
johniew398

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you had a good time. Did you take any pictures in Vegas?

Yes, but none of them came out that good:

Las_Vegas_Trip_015.jpg

Las_Vegas_Trip_021.jpg

Las_Vegas_Trip_020.jpg

Las_Vegas_Trip_016.jpg

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They had the same SSG Viper coupe for photo ops...and hot laps... here Oct 27th....not like the good ole days when they had at least 4 of them...

OP
OP
johniew398

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, going back to Vegas and attending the SRT Experience one more time.

This time my son's is free since he bought a Challenger SRT and I'm paying. We will see if they have any Vipers at this one.

I reserved a suite at the Luxor but I'm not telling my wife that so she will find out when we check in.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How long do we have before the SRT Experience event expires? I thought it was only good for 12 months since I bought my '09 ACR, so I kind of wiped it off my list of things to do. If it's still good, I'm going to see if I can do it. Had I known there was one in Vegas recently, that would have been a great reason to use up some of the comps that I've got waiting for me.

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go and registar once you have done that you are in the system and they let you schedule it later. I think they give you up to 2 years to use.

OP
OP
johniew398

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what it says on the SRT Experience website:

If you are an SRT owner whose vehicle was built AFTER April 1, 2005, you will not be required to enter credit card information for yourself. This offer is good for one year from the date of purchase.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bummer - that's what I thought... I really wanted to take advantage of it during the year after I bought my ACR, but I kept getting stuck doing extended business trips and just couldn't make the schedule work. Oh well, maybe I'll do it the next time I buy an SRT car...

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a side note, the SRT experience comes with the car, not the owner.

If you purchased your car used, are still within the time limits, and the previous owner did not use the experience, the new owner can get the free event. (ask me how I know)

OP
OP
johniew398

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's only $500.00. It's worth every bit of that since I have been before and I'm paying this time.

I have been to a school on the Atlanta Motor Speedway (NASCAR type). That was about $500.00 as well for about 40 laps.

and the Spring Mountain school for ZR1 owners in Nevada.

and the SRT Experience. The ZR1 2 day course was the best; but, if you had to pay for it that's about $3k.

So for what you get to do at the SRT Experience, it's well worth it.