SRT Performance Computers

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We now offer performance computers for all SRT models including, SRT Coupe,
SRT Ram and SRT Hemi. We also offer custom calibrations for modified engines and supercharged applications. Please feel free to call for your specific needs.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance
310-841-6996

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, sent you an e-mail furthering our conversation on the issues my truck is having and your possible fix for it in the way of the computer flash for the Paxton Ram application.

Maybe you could elaborate on what this computer upgrade (flash) will do for the SRT Paxton Ram owners in gears 1-3. Also, does this problem also effect the Paxton Gen III Viper guys? If this works on the issue my truck is having its the best money I've spent to date (dollar per hp).

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BEST bang for the buck I have done on several of my cars. Be berry, berry careful of a rather stock looking jeep roaming the streets of chicago

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having problems with a lack of power when drag racing. The boost is there but this may be the culprit to my problems:

during these power shifts the computer would delay full enrichment for up to three seconds. On a normal truck it is barely noticeable, but on a SC truck it kills the power big time. We remove this function on all our SC applications and make some other changes to improve the power on full throttle shifts.

Dans answered all my questions even though I havent purchased anything from him to date. I hope to purchase this mod from him. Thanks Dan!!

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
question for zen garage.

i did the computer exchange on my srt 10 viper and am pleased with the results.. i also have a 06 srtgc and was wondering what improvements have u noticed with the computer upgrade on u're gc thanks

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After reading about the computer swap, I'm convinced that I'm going to give this mod a try. One question though - where is the computer located, and how hard is it to swap out?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After reading about the computer swap, I'm convinced that I'm going to give this mod a try. One question though - where is the computer located, and how hard is it to swap out?

It relatively easy to get at, if you dont have the paxton system, just remove the air filter housing twist tabs, and you will be able to push it aside and get at the pcm which is on the drivers side inside the engine bay, towards the drivers front fender. It has 1 of the 2 big the engine cooling hoses running by it.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the best bang for the buck mod you can do. But you should only do it after you have finished all your other engine,and gear mods as this is a custom programmed computer done to your car's mods. You should also always keep your old ecm and opt to buy a new ecm for this custom programming. This was you always have the original to swap in when the car goes in for any warranty work as the dealers have a habit of upgrading the OEM ECM, or your modified unit with any new updates. This would rewrite your custom program.

OP
OP
D

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the questions, we offer programs for all year SRT's including the RC and QC Viper truck.

Programs for the SRT give increases in midrange power from 15-25hp and 20-30ftpds torque. The results vary from vehicle to vehicle and depend on the fuel octane used (91-93). Smoother operation, cooler running engine and less decel popping are also benefits. We have race gas programs and Turbo, SC programs that improve air-fuel lean spikes.

We can program your VIN # into the a new controller.

Thanks,

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc
310-841-6996

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUOTE:

"But then the buyer has to pay shipping to get it to Dan, so it makes more sense to just buy one from Dan right off his shelf, for this particular activity/mod."

We pay all shipping as does Dan. The only advantage of going thru us is if you are va laymam who does not understand the mods that have been done to your car or some of the options regarding reprogramming the ECM.

Robbie

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUOTE:

We pay all shipping as does Dan. The only advantage of going thru us is if you are va laymam who does not understand the mods that have been done to your car or some of the options regarding reprogramming the ECM.

Robbie

What the hell does that mean, was that english? And are you saying that Dan cant do that himself (after I attempted to translate)?

OP
OP
D

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes,
We can program an 06 controller for use without the lower temp thermostat. You will not get the benefits of the revised fan cycle which lowers operating temps about 10 degrees.

Dan Cragin
310-841-6996

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan quick question - what is the difference between the tune for 91 octane and 93 for non california cars?

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Dan said is so true. Always buy the thermostat. I never said Dan could not do it himself. Dan does it for me. I was trying to say some people have a hard time explaining what they want and need, so I am here to help them. A lot of my people know they want more power but do not understand how the mods that have been done to their cars work and are lost when it comes to the age of electronics in cars today. I do not make any money on Dan's ECM upgrade. I buy it from Dan, just the same as you can. Robbie

OP
OP
D

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have now made the program the same for 91 and 93 octane.
With all the variations in fuel we feel the 91 flash will eliminate any chance of detonation.

We do have a race fuel program with a more aggressive timing curve. Many customers purchase a race computer for maximum power for race gas on the track.

Thanks,

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc.
310-841-6996

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got mine installed on my 2006 coupe and all I can say is-wow-what a difference. I got a new computer-this is best way to go.

My Viper was stock except for green filters. As far as furure mods ,I believe I am correct , Dan said that I would be set to go and that only with two mods I would have to have it reset -headers & no cc's. Which I do not plan to have done.

I have not installed the 170 stat-may do that today. Tried to find a how to on search. I will probably loose a quart of fluid. Just wondering how would be the best way to do this. I will probably have to burp it.

Thanks Dan-I cant thank you enough for your help and what a tremendous product.

Man I cant get over the diff in throttle response. I think I may have to get me another one or two V1 detectors. ;)