SRT rollbar pics

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our SRT is currently down with Dan Cragin getting a few *ahem* choice upgrades in preparation for an upcoming grudge drag race. One of the upgrades was a proper rollbar - my criteria were: (1) must not destroy rear visibility; (2) must strengthen the frame; (3) must not interfere normal operation of the top or the seatbelts. Dan & co have, as usual, delivered - and here are pictures of the result:

http://www.treynor.com/SRT-Rollbar/

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice indeed!!! And it avoids any twin-hoop, dirt-plow issue. I really like it a lot! Are these going to be made widely available?

I do have two questions:

1. Can you get the OEM top up and down with that single hoop? My center latch on the rag top barely clears the crossbar on my Autoform roll bar, and the top of the hoop on this roll bar looks even higher. Have you had to modify the top latch or does it clear the hoop with a little or a lot of effort?

2. Does the roll bar have triangulation for strength (i.e., are the roll bar supports on different planes)? The side shot you included makes it look like everything is on one plane, but I know that most of the roll bar is behind the panel. Do you have a picture of the set up without the pannel attached or a picture of the roll bar outside the car?

Very nice looking setup! Thanks for sharing!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice! It appears that putting the top up and down is no problem, correct? Also, is that the factory panel still in place or did you have to come up with a custom one? And what will our fair-haired wunderkind price this at for the masses? Inquiring minds want to know...

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan has been working on this project for quiet a time. Lots of issues needed to be worked out. Packaging is part of the issue, to allow maximum protection, proper top operation and installation practicality. I think he has done it.

I spoke to him a while ago about this, and he was very concerned about quality and cosmetics. He was even looking at a custom leather covering for the poser in all of us.

Great product Dan.

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very clean appearance and if it doesn't obstruct the rear view and allows top operation AND provides "Real" Rollover Protection it is for me. Just need pricing and installation and availability info.
Bob @ Wind Baffle :usa:

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was on the phone with Autoform today and was about to order mine from them. I would be very interested in the price and availability.

Thanks

Charles

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
By the way, Autoform has a new rollbar that has the crossbar located below the filler panel.

There is no hinderance what so ever with the new bar, and the triangulation of the original bar is still there. These bars not only bolt behind the panel, they also bolt down at the frame. If you have any other questions talk to Tony Hall who can email you some pics.... his number is 616-392-4909 or [email protected]

This is the one I will probably order....

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks all for the feedback on the rollbar.

Here is some answers to your questions:

The bar mounts high enough to clear a helmet and still allow the top to go up and down. No mods to the latch or rear surround panel.

We modify the structure below the bar and the frame rail that comes down behind the rear wheel openings. The bar is welded in for better rigidity.

We will be building these with options for a leather wrap and choice of styling.

They will be done in shop only for now to assure safety, but inquiries from installers will be welcome.

Final retail pricing will be determined once we increase production, please feel free to call and I will give you a quote. One week turn around should be expected.

Thanks!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, what are the prices for each?

I see plusses and minuses for each. The Autoform one looks the cleanest and possibly stronger as well but it tears up the rear panel considerably.

The Cragin design looks a little weaker, and with no angled reinforcement may be sneered at by some tracks. The crossbar does't look as nice, but then again no tearup to the panel (I believe).

Dang decisions!

Nich0las

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, what are the prices for each?

I see plusses and minuses for each. The Autoform one looks the cleanest and possibly stronger as well but it tears up the rear panel considerably.

The Cragin design looks a little weaker, and with no angled reinforcement may be sneered at by some tracks. The crossbar does't look as nice, but then again no tearup to the panel (I believe).

Dang decisions!

I would think the DC bar would be much stronger. It is welded in opposed to bolted in and has more surface area to prevent collapse in case of roll-over.

I could be wrong but isn't the DC design connected to the frame rails opposed to the Autoforms mounting location?

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NHRA rules require a rollbar of the type DC is selling (i.e. across the whole width of the car). And welding the bar into the frame rails is clearly going to be stronger - Dan tells me the structure of the car is similarly reinforced by the bar.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without a drivers sidebar, the NHRA gives no consideration
to a roll bar. Also the bar must be accompanied by racing
harnesses.

Looks nice though......and I'm sure it will provide roll
over protection.

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good points, Tom. However, both my local tracks are quite keen on a rollbar which meets NHRA specs, but have never asked to see a sidebar (i.e., they don't care), so this style roll bar is all that's required for 11.0 passes. My SRT/10 has driver's side 5-points mounted in the usual manner independent of the rollbar.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Already have 6 point belts on each side so that is not an issue.

Appearance, cost and safety are the 3 priorities and I will never state what the order is but of course they are all important.

Concerned that a sub 11 second SRT :) will get bounced from tracks is the primary motivator. Noting that a hard top is another possible answer.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool site, Ben! I'm sure that bar is very functional, but I really think it takes away from the looks of the car. I like the hoops much better.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on looking at these pictures, there is no way the rear header panel can be removed to service the speakers that will blow. Has this bar been welded and painted in place?