SRT Viper with C7 Corvette

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The extraordinary state of the bankruptcy filings bypassed any standard claims, hived off debt that the original company agreed to take, and left a whole lot of creditors without real recourse in order to allow shareholders to move forward with the new entity. You can call pensions burdensome and others 'nonsense', but if management was bone headed enough to enter into agreements they could not afford, there should have been a fair hearing into allowing all of the creditors who were shoved into Old Carco to get their share of the new entity.

They didn't and that's a bailout.

They didn't do anything illegal and bankruptcy is part of the law. As a creditor you should be well aware that there is a risk that some or all of your principle may vanish should the company become insolvent. A bailout is not a normal part of any business process, nor is it part of law. Bankruptcy is an option for businesses and individuals alike, because things change and sometimes the bubbles burst and things stay bad for a long time - kinda like now.

I doubt the UAW is the sole reason why Chrysler's can't or won't flourish...contrary to that statement the company is doing quite well in some segments. Only the feeblest of minds would attribute the success or failure of a multi-billion dollar company to one issue.

Chrysler is doing pretty good, all things considered, but I wouldn't say they are flourishing. Only the feeblest of minds would infer that me stating the UAW played a large part in Detroit's demise was the only issue.

If you don't even see the effects of global climate change either, well then, there's really no helping you.

Oh, I do see the effects of global warming in the form of bogus legislation from the EPA, things like a gas guzzler tax that pays for tax-subsidized electric cars that are less efficient than the gas-powered cars they're supposed to replace...the ever-nebulous demand from liberals for "sustainability", yet they can't even sustain themselves and rely on social programs to prop their incompetent asses up throughout their lives.

Bottom line is that the C7 is ugly and I already own 0.0999% of all of them. Are there making an electric hybrid diesel version? :dunno:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lets see if the government bails us out if we become insolvent LOL I thought this administration was against discrimination?

first time seeing the new vette with the targa roof removed and I sorta liked it...like the rear exhaust pipes and decent sound; in the minority in liking the interior; its just the exterior design that I'm still hung up on. I daily drove a C6 vert for a couple of years and really wanna like the 7 but still struggling with the styling.

love the shot of everyone around the snake and ignoring the vette :) I think Ralph tweeted it or retweeted it recently :)

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He comes off as a child that has daddy's money. Arrogant, often wrong, and full of himself and over inflated option of himself.

Yet another thread full of his garbage.

When the Voice of Reason can't take it anymore, you know he must be really obnoxious. :headbang:

slowfrc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PeerBlock, you don't like the Vette, we get it. Not only do you sound like a fierce ideologue (I'm on your side politically but this is no place for political discussion) but you sound like a die hard brand loyalist. Both are positions which don't tolerate dissent and just end up coming across as arrogant. Just because you think the vette is ugly does not make it fact.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, LETS GET BACK ON THE TREAD SUBJECT... which is about the C7 corvette next to the gen5 Viper in the video and pic posted......

And as far as PeerBlock..... I say we start a dedicated thread to Peerbe so he can post all day long to himself and then reply to his own posts (self love fest)......

( he is just so not that funny.......... like me...)

Oh by the way how much can you bench press PeerBe ???

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PeerBlock, you don't like the Vette, we get it. Not only do you sound like a fierce ideologue (I'm on your side politically but this is no place for political discussion) but you sound like a die hard brand loyalist. Both are positions which don't tolerate dissent and just end up coming across as arrogant. Just because you think the vette is ugly does not make it fact.

I actually own several GM products, pre-bailout of course, and I like them. I appreciate the heritage of their brands...but the way things went down over the last few years has made me lose respect for them. That doesn't mean they can't redeem themselves sometime in the future, but for me it's not going to be with the C7. I also really find the C7 repulsive even though I like the Corvette in general. It's a sad day, like when they axed the fbods instead of bringing them into the 21st century and ditching the 80s paradigm they were based upon.

Oh by the way how much can you bench press PeerBe ???

More than you.

What are your credentials?

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More than you.

What are your credentials?

I did not know anyone needed "credentials" to lift weights

I do NOT lift weights....

I was asking what can you bench press, and your answer confirmed that you are only in competition with yourself. (self love fest)

Peebe, do you find that people at work or at social settings like you, and want to be around you ?

Do you feel that most of the people you know look up to you ?

And can you please let us know how you feel about Ford as a car company also ?

You answers and postings are always so insightful (about yourself) and (un)informative.

Last edited:

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if there is any truth to SRT waiting for GM to reveal the ZR1 first before rolling out the ACR. I think the high performance version of the C7 will debut in January (from what I've read, rumors of course). Will be interesting to see if chevy does the Z06 / ZR1 together at the same time, delayed, or only one high end model this go around.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if there is any truth to SRT waiting for GM to reveal the ZR1 first before rolling out the ACR. I think the high performance version of the C7 will debut in January (from what I've read, rumors of course). Will be interesting to see if chevy does the Z06 / ZR1 together at the same time, delayed, or only one high end model this go around.

If the vehicles are to be 2015 models years (just speculating that date [Summer 2014 Release]), the cars are probably far underway. I don't think one is waiting for the other. Let's just hope SRT finds a horsepower bump and 150-200 lbs. That should create a package tough to compete with.

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not know anyone needed "credentials" to lift weights

I do NOT lift weights....

I was asking what can you bench press, and your answer confirmed that you are only in competition with yourself. (self love fest)

I am a licensed bench presser.

Clearly you are not and now we all know!

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think SRT will wait until the new z06/ZR1 drops before revealing their ACR but who knows...plus, wont the V vert come before the ACR?

we already know 2014 is still Coupe only for the V. i'm guessing 2015 vert and 2016 ACR? looks like the C7 is doing the opposite since the coupe and vert version appear to be coming out closer to eachother

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good sources within GM are leaking/indicating that the C7 ZR1 will be Turbo and NOT supercharged.

The Viper has more power that can be extracted but Gilles stated that it was capped at 640hp so as not to infringe on the marketing of the Ferrari f12 berlinettta that has 730hp

I have a feeling that the new Zr1 will hove over 700 HP....just a guess.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good sources within GM are leaking/indicating that the C7 ZR1 will be Turbo and NOT supercharged.

The Viper has more power that can be extracted but Gilles stated that it was capped at 640hp so as not to infringe on the marketing of the Ferrari f12 berlinettta that has 730hp

I have a feeling that the new Zr1 will hove over 700 HP....just a guess.
No, stop repeating this silliness

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think SRT will wait until the new z06/ZR1 drops before revealing their ACR but who knows...plus, wont the V vert come before the ACR?

we already know 2014 is still Coupe only for the V. i'm guessing 2015 vert and 2016 ACR? looks like the C7 is doing the opposite since the coupe and vert version appear to be coming out closer to eachother

Strange market now a day, even Porsche is dropping the 991 turbo and turbo S on the market a year after intro - typically the turbo S is much later in the product cycle.

There is so much going on in the high performance market right now, I don't see Chevy waiting and I am really surprised SRT will wait that long...

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep Still a Michelangelo vs a Picaso...

You must be registered for see images attach

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better yet... Adriana Lima vs Kiera Knightley... Both hot but if you had to choose one.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I would would not choose either one. Gen V is like Halle Berry in Swordfish. Perfect analogy as it was the inspiration. Someone will post the photo I am sure, which is more appropriate!

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is some facts for you
Every man, woman and child in Canada (Canada currently has a population of around 34.48 million people) currently owes $17,819.79 for their share of Canada's public debt

Every man, woman and child in the United States currently owes $55,091 for their share of the U.S. public debt

Love the new Vette and it does sound bad ass!!!!

Exactly. I don't think Canada is the problem here. Besides, they're all really nice people (those i've met anyway). I do agree that GM is still Government Motors and has a far larger budget to throw at their Corvette than Fiat/Chrysler can at the Viper. They still owe 20 Billion to taxpayers that we will likely never see. Chrysler's overall quality has vastly improved and I think it's higher than GM, especially their interiors. The fact remains that the current regime doesn't know how to not spend money, and spends it unwisely on top of it all. I was against all of the bailouts from the beginning and what happened to Chrysler should have happened to GM (another company bails them out (mostly) not the government).

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I would would not choose either one. Gen V is like Halle Berry in Swordfish. Perfect analogy as it was the inspiration. Someone will post the photo I am sure, which is more appropriate!

The Halle Berry analogy is a little overused but I'm OK with it:D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I do find it impressive what the vette can do with some modest perf numbers. 60-0 in well under 100ft, 1/4 in 12 flat, well over a G pulled ... in the "cheap" version that soccer moms will drive and a **-hum 460hp. It'll be interesting what it could do with something like 200hp more & improving a base 1.08 G. Like her looks or not, the perf C7 is going to one serious shag in the sack.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62