SRT Viper with C7 Corvette

slowfrc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Motor Trend went 117 with the C7.

Motor Trend went 127 with the first C6 Z06 test. 10 mph difference is huge. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0510_2006_chevrolet_corvette_z06/viewall.html

My bone stock 2009 Z06 went 11.55 @ 125 mph in the TX heat on a poorly prepped track. They absolutely move out stock.

I'm not saying you or motor trend is lying but I have a hard time believing that a c6z would walk a c7z51 like you'd expect a car that traps 10mph higher would. I guess we'll see soon enough.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Competition is healthy. I hope the C7 is a track beast, like the C6 Z06. Although my money's on the Z06, that is until the C7 hi perf model is

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The C7 Corvette is nothing more than the Vipers "prison *****". Always has been, and always will be.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The C7 Corvette is nothing more than the Vipers "prison *****". Always has been, and always will be.
Doubtful. Corvette has been around long before Carroll Shelby came out with the AC Cobra idea. If anything, Viper is AC Cobra and Daytona Coupe's *****. With that said, I am personally deeply disappointed with the turn new corvette took and will look somewhere else for my C6 replacement.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doubtful. Corvette has been around long before Carroll Shelby came out with the AC Cobra idea. If anything, Viper is AC Cobra and Daytona Coupe's *****. With that said, I am personally deeply disappointed with the turn new corvette took and will look somewhere else for my C6 replacement.

Totally open to debate. Corvette only got on its game with the Z06 and Zr1. Before that the vette was Vipers prison play thing.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally open to debate. Corvette only got on its game with the Z06 and Zr1. Before that the vette was Vipers prison play thing.
There actually is no debate here unless you want to debate facts.

Let me try to be objective here since I drive both Viper and Vette: Corvette got its game started long time ago, look up who Zora Duntov was (ZR in ZR-1 and ZR1 stands for ZORA RACING) with the ORIGINAL 1963 Z06, back in the 60s. Without the original 1990 ZR-1 , there would not be a Viper in the first place. You may want to get some background info before making these comments, they are pretty amusing though. The only reason why first Viper ended up with 400 hp was because original ZR1 had 385. There is a difference between healthy competition resulting in both Vette and Viper gaining more performance and your notion of a play thing which once again, is pretty amusing:D

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There actually is no debate here unless you want to debate facts.

Let me try to be objective here since I drive both Viper and Vette: Corvette got its game started long time ago, look up who Zora Duntov was (ZR in ZR-1 and ZR1 stands for ZORA RACING) with the ORIGINAL 1963 Z06, back in the 60s. Without the original 1990 ZR-1 , there would not be a Viper in the first place. You may want to get some background info before making these comments, they are pretty amusing though. The only reason why first Viper ended up with 400 hp was because original ZR1 had 385. There is a difference between healthy competition resulting in both Vette and Viper gaining more performance and your notion of a play thing which once again, is pretty amusing:D

OK, I agree.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha! Ha! Knew it would eventually happen; troll on troll, Vette on anti-Viper. You guys crack me up!

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since it takes one to know one and speak like a true expert...:2tu:

Yes, I agree, it appears that Mr. ColoDIAPER is the troll..... always posting an antagonistic comment.

Mr, ColoDIAPER you need to mind your manners !! ASAP !!

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say we start a Viper Fight Club....

First rule of Viper Fight Club.... everyone is always correct.

Second rule of Viper fight club.... never forget rule the first rule...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth