srt10's vs mods questions

RDunn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, i am new to the viper world. I have been looking into buying one for the past 8 months. until recently i have been looking into buying a 96-99 gts. for the simple fact that they handle mods better because of the forged motor. but recently i have found myself more and more attracted to the 03-04 srt10's. do they have the same probs the 2000-2002 gts did?

sorry if this is a noob question.

thx in advance

Reaction score
The Gen 3 cars respond very well to mods excluding headers. We do S/C all day long without issues and for the buck that is the most motor mod for the $$$. Then there are diffs, suspension etc...

Hello, i am new to the viper world. I have been looking into buying one for the past 8 months. until recently i have been looking into buying a 96-99 gts. for the simple fact that they handle mods better because of the forged motor. but recently i have found myself more and more attracted to the 03-04 srt10's. do they have the same probs the 2000-2002 gts did?

thx in advance

V

Venomiss

thx in advance

Ever met up with and talked other Viper owners in your area?
Just in case:
Viper Club of America - Gateway Region

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ASK AWAY! Only way we learn, right?!! We had a 2005 that we modded (headers/corsa exhaust/VECII/K&N Cold Air Intake/hi-flo cats)...and it was BEASTLY~! LOVED it...sold it only cus we wanted a 2008~! NO mods needed on the '08, it's staying stock (pretty much cus there's no time to do the mods/send the car away). GOOD LUCK on your decision~! KEEP ASKING! ~juli

OP
OP
R

RDunn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ever met up with and talked other Viper owners in your area?
Just in case:
Viper Club of America - Gateway Region

not yet, i wanted to wait till i finally pulled the trigger on one. i have had the money for one for some time now. kinda glad i have waited, the price has dropped alittle in the past 6 months.
which will let me mod it sooner

and thx for the help everyone

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not yet, i wanted to wait till i finally pulled the trigger on one. i have had the money for one for some time now. kinda glad i have waited, the price has dropped alittle in the past 6 months.
which will let me mod it sooner

and thx for the help everyone

Hey RDUNN... I live in STL. There are a couple of guys in the Gateway club that live in Ofallon too. If and when you get ready to buy one of these magnificant pieces of art and machinery, feel free to contact me or one of the other members. I know of a couple outlets for cars and parts.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
let us know if you need help finding one. there's a couple guys in the club that have cars for sale.