SRTs at Sturgis Rally (Ram Info)

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They had the SRT-4, and both SRT-10s (Ram and Viper) at the Rally. Also had the Tomahawk.

Talked to two Dodge Spokesmen.

Spokesman one: The Ram will go for between $38K-$50K, with the likely number being $45K. He said the model displayed is the pre-production item, and the produced Ram will be identical, except the wheels will be one inch smaller than the 24" ones displayed. The exhausts were both on the right side. Doesn't look real good on the same side. Other than the exhausts, the truck looked good to me, including the wheels.

Spokesman two (the next day): The Ram will go for $55K-$60K, and only 2000 will be produced FOREVER! They will go first to current Viper owners, much like the program offered for the SRTs. He says since there are so few trucks, they are bound to become collectors items.

$55K is a very steep price for a truck, and if only 2000 will be produced, would dealers charge more than list? Can't imagine too many people paying $55K, let alone any higher.

Very few people were looking at the Viper, and still fewer the Neon. The Ram had a lot more lookers. I guess Harley people are more trucker types. The display for all the SRTs was in an obscure location.

I have tried to post pictures, but have been unable. Will keep trying.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like typical DC. Spokesman one and two never met, or spoke to each other before the event. They have different stories and ideas about what will really occur, and didn't think to 'get the story straight'. Sad.

OP
OP
F

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, today went back and both have the same story. $55K MSRP and no more than 2000 produced. I know these folks are probably full of it, but if not, it's pretty sad. Why would DC once say they would produce all wanted, now this?

SRT10, will try to send you the pictures.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank thanks for the pics! The truck looks great in black.

You must be registered for see images

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They need to lower the sides and rear. It looks to NASCARish and cheap with just the front being lower with the lower fascia.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BOOOO! I thought it would have the same style wheels (only bigger) as the Viper! We could have put 22" wheels on our SRT-10's for truck wheel prices.

MW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: SRTs at Sturgis Rally (Ram Info) or for my money....

1) the "spokesmen" know as much as sales people -? (you know more)
2) how much more than list would you pay ? (NONE is the right answer) I bought my 96 GTS in 96 for $200 over INVOICE!
3) enuf will be built for those that want one.? ( could it be planned to build up demand)???
4) for less $would you rather have a nice low miles gen I or even Gen II?
<font color="blue"> </font>

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Those rims HAVE TO GO!! I also dont care to much for the rear spoiler.

Austin

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For less money, I would supercharge the hemi and add an new hood and real Viper wheels!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960