Just completed the 1st step in making my SSG into an ACR:
IMG_08301.JPG

IMG_0829.JPG

IMG_0828.JPG

DSC008531.JPG

DSC008541.JPG

Next step is to added these with Hoosier R6's:
product_photo-xlarge_image-204.jpg

Also adding Motons, Stoptech aerorotors, ACR front swaybar with greaseable bushing and adjustable endlinks, Team Tech 6 points, and a few other items next week.

-David

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would throw in a little black to break it up a bit. That looks awesome!!

Bruce

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont get it, if you already have an ACR why are you turning your regular, more daily driver friendy coupe into an ACR?

OP
OP
D

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont get it, if you already have an ACR why are you turning your regular, more daily driver friendy coupe into an ACR?

I decided that risking a VIN# matching "real" ACR on track might be something I would regret later. The SSG ACR is going to be a better setup for the track. Basically I wanted a car I could enjoy at NARRA events and other HPDE events. Eventually I would like to get a Comp Coupe.

-David

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its called the mod bug. When you get it you get it.

I am sure that neither of his Vipers are daily drivers... and that if he wanted something stock to be "daily driver friendly" then he would have something else.

I think the car looks great. Cant wait to see the wheels on it. Also if you go with a stripe (I think it would look even better) go with vinyl. You can get printed vinyl that would look really sharp... especially with the snakeskin pattern in it.

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my viper isn't my daily driver but i use it to go to the gym, car hang outs, etc.

Weekend nights i use it to go to night clubs with my g/f and drive around south beach with it.

having that front splitter would be a lot hard to drive it daily.

OP
OP
D

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neither Viper is a daily car, I do not feel comfortable parking them in public areas out of my sight. We have a 300C SRT-8 and Powerwagon truck for running around town.
I actually prefer the way the ACR feels compared to a standard Viper on the highway, but I do prefer the PS2's for the street over Sport Cups. However, this stock 08 suspension is not able to handle the downforce created by the wing, at 70 mph it feels like the back of the car is running 1" lower.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great! I'd suggest that you paint the wheel centers black and add black ACR logo's to accent the front aero. Maybe try a black drivers stripe, see if it looks good w/vinyl first.

I'm going the same route, I've added shock/springs, rotors and sidewinders (but track w/18" forgelines) and added belangers and computer. Aero is next. Is you aero factory or clone? Can you send a PM and let me know what you paid for the aero and where you got it from? thanks! Mike

OP
OP
D

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Factory ACR aero kit.

I was thinking about a black driver's side stripe. How difficult is to remove the Viper SRT-10 silver lettering behind the front tires, because the kit came with ACR logos.

-David

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Factory ACR aero kit.

I was thinking about a black driver's side stripe. How difficult is to remove the Viper SRT-10 silver lettering behind the front tires, because the kit came with ACR logos.

-David

Very easy, the letters are "stick on", hair dryer to soften the adhesive, then peel off

OP
OP
D

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an FYI:

If you plant to install this kit you must have an ACR to take measurements from. You have to cut the front fascia and drill holes in the rear trunk that require lots of time to properly locate. I had to remove the wing from my ACR to make a template for the SSG.

-David

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David that is an awesome car you are building. I would suggest stainless steel lines and, If I remember correctly, the ACR had a thicker rear roll bar also.

I am interesting to hearing your thoughts on the comparison between the stock ACR suspension and the Moton setup?

My brackets are going to look awesome on that beast.

OP
OP
D

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am interesting to hearing your thoughts on the comparison between the stock ACR suspension and the Moton setup?

I choose the Motons because I liked the remote cannisters and wanted to compare their performance to the KW's. I choose a higher spring rate for the Moton setup so that maybe a factor as well. I think the Motons should work great. The NARRA event at Sebring will be the 1st time out with the car and my first time driving a Viper a Sebring. Last time at Sebring I drove the SRT-4.

-David

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would suggest black spokes with a green lip. the green spokes may be overkill

OP
OP
D

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would suggest black spokes with a green lip. the green spokes may be overkill

Currently the race setup is already ordered in the green center. To me the green is already an "overkill" color so I felt like subtle was not possible to achieve. I am interested to see how they look on the car.

-David

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David, you are getting great suggestions. In the pics, the wing almost looks green, but in person I really like the accent of carbon fiber provided by the wing and front aero components. A black vinyl driver's stripe might really add the final touch, and if you don't like it you can peel it off easily. Overall, the car looks awesome and equally important a very professional installation. I am looking forward to Sebring. You think I can break 3 minutes in the 5500?

OP
OP
D

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You think I can break 3 minutes in the 5500?

I think the SRT-10 quadcab truck might stand a better chance, but hook a 10 ton trailer to both trucks and the 5500 will smoke the SRT-10. You might need to adjust your braking points for turns 1,7, and 17. That 5500 is really going to shine loaded, but I doubt you will throw down the SRT-10 for everyday duty.

-David

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love it!!
I have started from the other direction. Motons with Naders mounts and fill kit, Euro tech Rotors, SS brake lines, Polly mount for the Tranni, MGW Short shifter knob, Painted the Dash and Shifter Bezels to SSG, installed 6 point harnesses, TInted the windows, and 3M clear bra everywhere, removed the Silver Viper SRT/10 logo and replaced with Color matched SSG Viper logo, I have a second set of wheels that are polished sidewinder wheels and R6 Hoosiers, lowered only 1/2 inch. (rough roads around here) Now I will have to wait to finish this up as I just lost my job the Aero pkg. and heavier springs will be put off until I get a positive cash flow going again!
Would love to find out how you mounted the Aero in more detail if possible?
Ya just gotta love the SSG Coupe!!!!

OP
OP
D

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not receive any instructions beyond a basic one page diagram that shows where the screws and rivets go. The install took about 24 man hrs. I used my 09 ACR as the template car, jacking it up, making measurements and seeing how Prefix installed the parts. The holes for the rear wing are the most difficult to locate. I took the wing off my 09 and made a couple paper templates using arch size paper. I used masking tape over the paint to mark the holes and keep the paint from flaking. I think having an ACR was the key to my success with this install.

-David

6 speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice car! Black driver's side stripe and rear diffuser would be nice touches.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need the black ACR wheels to eliminate having too much green, also a drivers stripe would look nice in black.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I'm not a fan of black wheels, even on the factory ACR. And I think that your new SSG center wheels are going to look great! :D

OP
OP
D

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am optimistic that the green wheels will look good, I do agree though that a black driver's side stripe would look great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4