SSG ACR conversion

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man this is one cool project, nice work! I think it deserves an article in Viper Magazine.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This looks great. I like the green centers on the wheels. Only thing I would have added, to break up the green sea, is paint the rivets on the wheels black and leave the centers green and add that black drivers stripe. Cant wait for picks.

OP
OP
D

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could not be more impressed so far with these shocks, they improve the street ride and the track performance over the ACR KW's plus they add easy access to the compression adjusters. These shocks alone make the ACR a more comfortable street car, while apparently not sacrificing performance. On our local road course I ran my best lap times to date using the tires and wheels off the ACR. The Motons are the main difference between the two cars.

-David

OP
OP
D

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgeline and R6s installed:
IMG_08471.JPG

IMG_08451.JPG

IMG_08461.JPG

IMG_08481.JPG

IMG_0849.JPG

-David

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DUDE__STOP ALREADY_-

i have to go clean off my keyboard!

seriously though--did you get the wheels and then paint them or order them from forgeline painted--if so how much

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just my opinion here of course, I think too much green with the rims. Should of gone black or gunmetal. Still looks good though. Great choice rim, could not of picked a better one. Then again I might be partial ;)

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David - I love it! I can understand the comments about the black rims, but seeing your car in person with the black ACR rims I believe you nailed the combination. When you get a chance, please send me 1 or 2 pics via email.

OP
OP
D

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David - I love it! I can understand the comments about the black rims, but seeing your car in person with the black ACR rims I believe you nailed the combination. When you get a chance, please send me 1 or 2 pics via email.

I am very happy with the wheels, I feel looks are subjective, but I felt the SSG color required a wild wheel selection. I liked the look of the car with all 3 wheel combinations, polished 5 spoke, black ACR, and SSG forgelines. To me though the car is most memorable with the SSG wheels and I think the graphite ACR looks better with the black wheels.

-David

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David beautiful car. I am envious.

Glad I could help with the brackets. That is the nicest install yet.

Tom

OP
OP
D

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David beautiful car. I am envious.

Glad I could help with the brackets. That is the nicest install yet.

Tom

Thanks Tom,

Brackets worked great and fit perfect. I was surprised to find a round rubber plug above each wheel well that was large enough to pass the Motons thru without cutting the car. All I had to do was drill a small hole in the rubber plug for the remote line and then dremel the bottom edge of the trim panel inside. I am really happy with the end result, went to the track this weekend and beat my best time with the ACR. I am anxious to see how the car performs on Hoosier R6s.

-David

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not having to drill the hole was a blessing. I forgot you were working with a coupe. Thanks again. I glad you are pleased...

Thanks Tom,

Brackets worked great and fit perfect. I was surprised to find a round rubber plug above each wheel well that was large enough to pass the Motons thru without cutting the car. All I had to do was drill a small hole in the rubber plug for the remote line and then dremel the bottom edge of the trim panel inside. I am really happy with the end result, went to the track this weekend and beat my best time with the ACR. I am anxious to see how the car performs on Hoosier R6s.

-David

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks good,didnt a dealer have simalar wheels that he took off a ssg coupe?someone could get a buy if they wanted them..i think it was vipar palmer..or something like that..

viperpalmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We sold a SSG with 20in Asantis in the rear and I believe 20s in the front. Here are some pictures. We got them at the local high performance tire shop. I believe they have a pair sitting in there display window now. PM if you want more info.
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member