SSG Review on Autoblog...

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"The Corvette ZR1 we recently drove has one serious flaw: its seats. Here the Viper wins hands down. These SRT seats are well bolstered and hold you firmly in position."

I love it!!! A few weeks ago the guys at Vette forum were ripping the ACR, saying its a track car, going to be uncomfortable. While the ZR1 is the perfect driver and comfortable seats. Glad to see mag writers dont agree with the Vette boys on that, among a million other things.lol

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Decent review and vid. Seems to appreciate Viper for what it is, & not criticize for what it is not...thanks for the link

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"The Viper is not a car that should be chosen for daily driving duties, but it does a decent enough job that you won't mind taking it out to for errands when the mood strikes you."

I call Bull$hit on that, I've driven mine almost everyday since I got it in March.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"The Viper is not a car that should be chosen for daily driving duties, but it does a decent enough job that you won't mind taking it out to for errands when the mood strikes you."

I call Bull$hit on that, I've driven mine almost everyday since I got it in March.

See, I gotta agree with Rick here. Why the heck does a proper handling ride with a stiff suspension always get portrayed as "not your everyday driver"? Is it really more comfortable to drive some "bouncy" caddy on a daily basis? It's like choosing a spongy matress over a firm one. I can see the every day issue being one of entry into the drivers seat or the lack of trunk space, but not the ride at all!

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
See, I gotta agree with Rick here. Why the heck does a proper handling ride with a stiff suspension always get portrayed as "not your everyday driver"? Is it really more comfortable to drive some "bouncy" caddy on a daily basis? It's like choosing a spongy matress over a firm one. I can see the every day issue being one of entry into the drivers seat or the lack of trunk space, but not the ride at all!
Exactly! Only drawback of this being a DD is the lack of trunk space, but theres ways to work around that.

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am going on the record t say the SSG has to be the best if not one of the best colors Chrysler came out with for Viper. That is why I am painting mine.:)

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree. I have been daily driving a Viper since 1997. ;)

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Only when the GTS coupe debuted in 2006 did they even add exterior door handles and actual windows."

2006? Somebody needs to do their fact checking.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use mine as a hghway car. As a matter of fact I invent thousand mile trips just to take the Viper out.

The GTS and the coupes have 'lots' of trunk space. When I went to Detroit I had some tools, 2 clothing bags, helmet, books, laptop, go cups, etc. and could even see out the rear window. After packing in the VOI Chairs, extra two suitcases, posters and pictures, new T-shirts, etc. I had only limited rear window vision. Wife filled the car with Phones, Answering machine, and a bunch of other stuff for our customers on out way home. She almost filled my Viper.

Green is good. VOI had 'Alberta' Andy's SSG on display with it's Venzano interior. Looked great!

Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4