Stealerships.

steel snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has taken their Viper into a dealership with the engine light on knowing the code reference, to see what respose they get from the service dept. My engine light came on (2000 RT10) and the PCM put out a 455 code (large evap leak) also known as a loose gascap. The rubber drip shield had climber up the tube enough to intefere with seating the cap. One of the members suggested (in another thread about codes) to check the cap. An easy, simple fix for what sounded like a di$a$ter.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woodhouse and Tomball are stealerships, George?
Can you list the cars you have bought from each and your experiences with them.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It appears that George = :foot:

I would not take my Viper anywhere else than to my great Viper tech, Eddie Martin, who happens to work at a great dealership, Bill Luke Dodge.

Last edited:

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It appears that George = :foot:

I would not take my Viper anywhere else than to my great Viper tech, Eddie Martin, who happens to work at a great dealership, Bill Luke Dodge.

Took mine in for a code, bad cats and O2 sensor. (stated no muffler also) $3000 to fix, I did it for less than $500. :nono:

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

G Dog -

Still waiting for your answer to VJ's question, above.... :eater:

Last edited:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hear Tomball could be called "Lowball" based upon things I have heard about what they are willing to give you on a trade, but personally never dealt with them. I like Bill from Woodhouse and he gave me some good information and was sincere, but when it came to a deal he was a couple thousand more than Seelye Wright in Michigan when I traded my Viper for the SRT-8 Challenger. I bought and traded dozens of cars over the years and normally feel like I am being bent over unless I fight and fight during negotiations and even then...

If you want, I feel fine retracking my statement that all dealerships are stealerships. I have made some good deals over the years, but I had to do some heavy negotiating to get there with a one time exception at Roanoke when John gave me a smoking deal on a 2010 Challenger, but since we have not been close on a couple things. There happen to be a lot of incentives on that car at the time, but to John's credit he shared them with me.

What they hope for is people that will not spend the time like me to get the best deal.