Stroker engine Gen. II - build input wanted

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am considering stroking the engine in my '96 Venom 550 Hennessey car and would like some advice with regards to the displacement.

Here are my thoughts:

Bore - .030 over
Stroke - ??

What is a safe cubic inch displacement for a twin turbo car? :dunno: What rod length is required?

Thanks in advace for input!! :2tu:

Last edited:

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You really don't need to do a stroker to get 1,000rwhp out of a viper. You can if you want. A Set of Styker Race heads ported by Greg Good will give you more power than the small amount of cid you get from a stroker crank.

Rod size depends on how big you go.

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With a good solid roller cam and dry-sump, rev that thing to 7000-7500rpm and put all the stroker motors to shame. I bet it would be cheaper than a custome crank too. Talk to Greg about it.

Next time you talk to Greg Good, tell him "HIS" red 01 ACR is going to run 10's soon. :D

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're going for over 1,000 rhwp make sure you change the main bearings too.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With a good solid roller cam and dry-sump, rev that thing to 7000-7500rpm and put all the stroker motors to shame. I bet it would be cheaper than a custome crank too. Talk to Greg about it.

Next time you talk to Greg Good, tell him "HIS" red 01 ACR is going to run 10's soon. :D

Hmmmm sounds very interesting. I will definitely be speaking with Greg about my build. He will be advising me on head work and cam for the twin turbo setup.

Oh, and I definitely don't want to purchase a custom crank...$5000 :omg: :omg:

I'll definitely tell him that "HIS" Viper will be running 10's. ;)

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you're going for over 1,000 rhwp make sure you change the main bearings too.

You bet!! New bearings, rods, pistons, lifters, cam, etc. etc. I have also been advised to coat the pistons and bearings as this is a very cheap method to get more power and increase wear, etc.

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You bet!! New bearings, rods, pistons, lifters, cam, etc. etc. I have also been advised to coat the pistons and bearings as this is a very cheap method to get more power and increase wear, etc.

If your going to do coatings, do the heads(intake and exhaust ports) and valves too! This is starting to sound like the build up I'm planning on....you bastered I hate you....naaaa...I don't hate you, I just can't wait to start mine!

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmmm sounds very interesting. I will definitely be speaking with Greg about my build. He will be advising me on head work and cam for the twin turbo setup.

Oh, and I definitely don't want to purchase a custom crank...$5000 :omg: :omg:

I'll definitely tell him that "HIS" Viper will be running 10's. ;)

I wish I would have talked to Greg more before I did the cam that I did, if I would have only known better. I'd be making well over 650rwhp N/A and not 565rwhp+

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If your going to do coatings, do the heads(intake and exhaust ports) and valves too! This is starting to sound like the build up I'm planning on....you bastered I hate you....naaaa...I don't hate you, I just can't wait to start mine!

LOL!! :lmao: So you are going to copy me :nono: :D Just joking...yuka yuka yuka ;)

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Joe is the King of DIY. Please tell me your bring your car down the Dec 9th event. I've got to see your car.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang