Stryker Package

dsevo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I came across the attached window sticker and was wondering what the "Stryker Package" consists of? I can't find it mentioned in any online searches. Pretty spendy, so I assume it includes something worthwhile. Thanks.

Attachments

• Sticker.pdf
    120.6 KB · Views: 72

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
That would be the expensive "Stryker" paint option...a striking paint job that is labor intensive , and expensive. This one is obviously ted...others were green, purple.

OP
OP
D

dsevo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the replies. I like the color too, but $15k? Wow. I figured that included some carbon as well, but apparently I was wrong. Thanks again guys.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you see one of these Stryker Red Vipers on the street, you will understand more just how outstanding this color is.

It is the color they painted the original prototype, and wanted to come up with a very emotional color that would assist in getting approval from FIAT to OK the production of the Gen V Viper.

When the CEO saw the car for the first time, he came over to Ralph, and said "you must build this car" and the Viper came back to life. The color was THAT important.

It was never intended to be a production color, due to the time consuming nature of producing such a show car finish, but they decided to do a limited run for just a few special cars.

pitdad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is an amazing color and the amount of work that goes into that is incredible.

I can't imagine the feeling of devastation if that ever was scratched. How could you ever match that?

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Let me add to the mystery

I have in my DB
134 Vipers with the Stryker Paint
38 of those didn't have "Stryker Package" listed in the build details

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That was the only color I have seen a Gen 5 in on the street. I am in LA and besides mine and the stryker red one i came across its the only cars I have seen in person. The stryker red did look amazing. But to me it looked just like my Venom red maybe a bit lighter. Love those two colors!

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Stryker paint option is worth what it costs in my opinion. They are very unique. Of the stryker paint colors to me the Green is the most flashy.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No....unless Dodge opens up the color for the last year......there will be no more Stryker red cars. There is a dealer in PA that is nuts as far as I am concerned......he has a 2014 Stryker red viper with 395 miles and wants 135,000 for it.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Given enough time or the right person........ Just might happen

Snakize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No....unless Dodge opens up the color for the last year......there will be no more Stryker red cars. There is a dealer in PA that is nuts as far as I am concerned......he has a 2014 Stryker red viper with 395 miles and wants 135,000 for it.

Honestly, and I most certainly am biased here, for a Stryker Red anything under original MSRP is a deal; it's also the most likely of all Gen Vs to hold its value or appreciate in value.

Call up prefix and ask them how much it would cost to have a new viper done in stryker red as a custom job. They'll tell you that they don't even offer the original color anymore, but they do offer an "approximation" at nearly double the price of what it was as an option.

You're getting a unique car with a color that has fewer than 100 units for a given model year, and regardless of what you hear, it is by far the best color. Stryker red is better than stryker orange or green, which are nice in their own way but not at the caliber of stryker red.

SharpMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't just do it as part of the 1 of 1 program?

Honestly, and I most certainly am biased here, for a Stryker Red anything under original MSRP is a deal; it's also the most likely of all Gen Vs to hold its value or appreciate in value.

Call up prefix and ask them how much it would cost to have a new viper done in stryker red as a custom job. They'll tell you that they don't even offer the original color anymore, but they do offer an "approximation" at nearly double the price of what it was as an option.

You're getting a unique car with a color that has fewer than 100 units for a given model year, and regardless of what you hear, it is by far the best color. Stryker red is better than stryker orange or green, which are nice in their own way but not at the caliber of stryker red.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is an amazing color and the amount of work that goes into that is incredible.

I can't imagine the feeling of devastation if that ever was scratched. How could you ever match that?

Easy. It should take only 14 hours give or take to touch it up:D

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Customers were told it was very limited, and it was more labor intensive than the next wave of Stryker Colors ( Green , Orange, and Purple). It is one color not available in the one of one color choices. Can't blame them, since everyone who paid $14,600 for this ultra custom would be PO'd if Dodge offered after promising it was ultra limited. Rumor has it there is a very low mileage one in Canada that is coming up for sale. With only barely 50 ever built , gotta believe this car will be a gold mine in years to come -- especially after the last Snakes slither out of Conner Ave next year?!

Last edited:

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Do you know how many STRYKER REDS came to Canada? (in 2013 and 2014)?

2 Ontario

5 Ontario
1 Quebec
1 Alberta

Disclaimer: I'm missing two VIN's from 2014, damn things are hiding from me :omg:

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I can check again tonight and give you a breakdown for all of them if you would like

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good catch Jeff , I forgot the 14s ended up being a larger number and it ended up higher than the 50-55 initial forecast. I believe you are 100% correct on the number of Stryker's sent to Canada in 2013, as was talking to an individual about that exact situation when it was happening and they were stating the second one got approved at the last moment.

Last edited: