Stupid mistakes!!!

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just installed the brand new Corsa track, random tech cats, aldan kits for lowering. Decided to go for a drive to Seattle and while on the way, wanted to stop for some food. Was lining up to turn left at the traffic light. Since the traffic line up was so long, decided to make a quick u-turn from the left. Once I gas it and make the turn, I didn't realize there were a big curb right next to my car seperating the traffic. Therefore, my car was on the top of the curb. Lucky the Viper have so much torque, and i have no other choices but to gas it further and finish scratching and scraping the whole bottom through the curb. The loud scraping and scratching noise from the bottom are killing me right there. :( My heart felt so painful and dont know what i might have damaged underneath.

Could you guys kindly advise what I might have damaged so far? I believe there is no oil leak so far and the car still drive great. I walked around the car and there were no damage to the side sill, no scratch on the wheels...etc. The only visible damaged I can see is the bottom part of the rear bumber(Big deep scatches). I'm sure if i bring the car up on a jack, i should be able to see more. But before i do that, just want to ease my pain and find out anything major could be damage by this unfortunate event. Thanks.

Phil

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That *****.
I feel your pain. With nothing leaking hopefully it's only cosmetic.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT's have a full belly pan for aerodynamics. It could be the belly pan that took much of the scraping. If so, you will get off relatively easy.
Best to get it up on a hoist and check out the damage.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Odds are you will be fine, but definitely get it on a lift as soon as possible and do a thurough inspection.

Don't beat yourself up too bad on the "stupid mistake". I drove mine into the garage with the trunk lid up (talk about a dumb-a** move). Luckily, the only damage to the car was a couple of very small scratches on the trunk lid. The damage to the garage door was much worse. I was angry at myself for days.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't beat yourself up too bad on the "stupid mistake". I drove mine into the garage with the trunk lid up (talk about a dumb-a** move). Luckily, the only damage to the car was a couple of very small scratches on the trunk lid. The damage to the garage door was much worse. I was angry at myself for days.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats why its called a "mistake" and NOT an "on-purpose"

just learn from it and move on.

OP
OP
P

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys!!! Just had the car checked out and lucky there wasn't any major damage. The oil pan was scartched a little and it's still fine with no oil leaks. Everything else seems ok except few scratches and dents here and there. Above all, had the alignment done and it drives nice now. Guess I will feel better in a few days and will definitely learn from this stupid mistake!!

Phil

P.S. After installing the Aldan, the car is so much lower where I will pretty much scratch the bottom everytime when going on ramp especially driving up from the basement of the garage. Will that do any harm to the bottom in the long run or is there anything for cure besides adjusting the coilover? Thanks.