T56 Parts help ASAP!!!!!!!!!

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My trans has a noisy 2nd gear.So time to pull it out and get a rebuild..

Getting it apgraded while its there. Would like to change the 5th & 6th but need the part Nos of these parts.. i believe they are the Aston Martin gears but not 100%...

Also will these gears go in with the OE selectors and syncros?? May also be getting upgraded..

Need to get these orded by tomorrow at the latest...

Many thanks in advance..

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't rebuilt any Aston-Martins (yet), but I'm pretty sure they use the same T-56 (and T6060) that we do.
One would think that the internals are the same and would be transferable.

TTC: TREMEC Transmissions
(Model # TUET1806 for the Gen.III stuff)

Looks as though there are a few options for 5th and 6th:
-5th: 0.74, 0.79, 0.80, 0.84
-6th: 0.50, 0.54, 0.56, 0.62, 0.63

I was going to suggest T56rebuilds.com, but it looks as though they've evaporated.

Maybe an email to TTC will get you part numbers, or at the very least a model number that you can cross-ref with an A-M parts dealer.

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At Monterey I drove my friends DB7 which also has a T56 but his 6th gear seemed very different, less of a overdrive gear than the viper. I think the Viper's 6th gear and rear end ratio were set up for best fuel efficiency. Buying any part through Aston Martin is much more expensive than sourcing the part via Tremec or a US source.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is a place that advertised in Viper mag in the past and is somewhere here in s.e. mich. wixom i think that rebuilds the tremec i hope it helps(sorry i dont know the name)

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting somewhere now..
Thanks Guys

its a guy call John donato that did the mods.. Anyone have a contact for him??

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may come out better and order a whole new Gen 3 tranny from Jon B like I did. Direct boltin, but it obviously won't have the Aston Martin 5-6 gears you prefer. Since my tranny crapped out before yours, another instance of red being faster than yellow :D

Reaction score
You may come out better and order a whole new Gen 3 tranny from Jon B like I did. Direct boltin, but it obviously won't have the Aston Martin 5-6 gears you prefer. Since my tranny crapped out before yours, another instance of red being faster than yellow :D

Really? I want my free brochures back. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad its because YELLOW is so fast that the trans has gone bad....:drive::drive:You must of messed up your shifting:dunno: LOL!!!!

Made contact ..What a great guy..

NZGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dont know where you are with this, but the Holden (Vauxhall)Monaro,VXR8 (think they are the only two models you get over there) have always run the T56 in the manual model, It could be a cheaper option for parts than going Aston. Not sure of the gears but My mates HSV Clubsport(R8) runs same RPM at 100kph(60mph) as mine in 6th and he has same diff gears(3.55).

may be worth a look

Craig

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheers Craig
Yes we have the Monaro VXR (3dr) and also the newer VXR8 (4dr saloon) .. John Donato has sorted me out with the upgraded gears and selectors and bushes ect ect....

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John Donato is your man, he will set you up with those ratios, and the parts needed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte