taitors= srt dealer

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think this would be a good time for tators to become an srt dealer. what do you guys think? all the talk about stepping up after sales service, chuck should be the guy.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think this would be a good time for tators to become an srt dealer. what do you guys think? all the talk about stepping up after sales service, chuck should be the guy.

I'm for it! At least let him service the cars! He doesn't have to sell them!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is going to VOI, maybe we can make something happen for him to show that the Viper community has his back.

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm for it! At least let him service the cars! He doesn't have to sell them!

Having Chuck as an SRT dealer and/or warranty servicer is a huge no-brainer, especially as the car is no longer part of Dodge...but then again, they had no brains to begin with by dropping Tator in the first place!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT will be in attendance at VOI and this would be THE avenue to bend their ear a bit on Tator becoming a service center and/or dealer. If SRT was wise, they'd at least consider authorizing Chuck to be some type of "Flying" Viper Tech that can, at the very least, assist authorized SRT dealers in maintaining/troubleshooting the GenV either on site or through his shop.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Plum, Not being a dealer is not going to make it happen. He would have to go to work at a Dodge dealership to make it work. He has a fantastic reputation with the Viper Community, but it will not bring back his dealer status.

Bruce

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe someone can talk to SRT @ VOI and mention what a great idea it would be to have Tators as an authorized SRT warrantee work & dealer option installer garage………..

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
It's a shame that they don't care about Chuck Tator. Think also about Gen3 and Gen 4 window regulators. I always wonder about these things when the hype gets rolling about how wonderful SRT is and Ralph is. I would think that Ralph could find a way to fix both issues if he wanted to. After all, look at the odds against a Gen 5, and yet he beat the odds. So for me the issue comes down to what is important to Ralph. Guess at this point Chuck Tator loses as well as a SRT fix for the bad regulators.--Dave

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i love chuck but this aint gonna happen. i bet he agrees with me......
+1, yeah it would be AWESOME! But there's WAY to much behind the scenes that would have to happen & I don't think Chuck would want to have to do it ! When you have Big Brother over your every move, telling you what you HAVE to do not to mention what he would have to spend to get his shop/showroom in line with ALL the requirements that would HAVE to be done in order to come up to specs. I don't know how many employees he has now but that would be another story, I imagine if you just ask him he'd tell you pretty quick what all's involved with it & IF this is something he'd even be interested in doing. I would also imagine he'd still have a bitter taste in his mouth after the last go-around! jmo

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this.

the car is going to sell out, every year.

Really? Well it will be the first viper to do so.
Two or three years they will be sitting on the lots like every other Viper ever made, although with ramped up production even more of them will be available. Discounted.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two or three years they will be sitting on the lots like every other Viper ever made, although with ramped up production even more of them will be available. Discounted.
Have they said for sure what the sticker price is, I don't know why but it seems like I've heard they're somewhere around 130k or is this just my imagination! Wasn't the 03' models the best selling year for the Vipers, if so was that mostly because of the upgrades (brakes, hp, air, ride) can't imagine it being the body style changes? jmo

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You are exactly right. My lord, there is still 09-10 out there on lots brand new. Going to be a interesting couple of years, and this new car will where off just as quickly as they all do.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My prediction is that the Gen V will be a hot seller in the beginning. With better motor, gearbox, rear end, tires, wheels, interior, suspension, electronics, sound system, styling, and supporting racing program, it should sell out for all production.

Then the even harder work begins. A program of constant innovation and improvement. When the initial feeding frenzy begins to wear off, they will most likely release a convertible version, that will be able to supply the pent up demand. Then they will release a world class track version (ACR). Many current ACR owners will be eager to update their track cars with the latest performance enhancements. These cars will probably take advantage of all the learning SRT will be doing with their racing program.

SRT will most likely release sometime in the future the tuneability of their Viper computer code. The aftermarket will go crazy with the ability to enhance the performance for street and track. This will bring even more buyers into the arena.

European and Asian marketplaces will be developed for these cars, and a significant portion of production will go to satisify the world wide demand for the limited production.

As most high performance competitors have branched off there will be opportunities to put Viper engines and technology into other lines to expand the Viper lineage. They can also go both upscale and downscale to provide Viper technology at different price points and for different markets.

They could spin off a V-8 version, with the same or slightly modified chassis, with different body structure. Perhaps even a supercharged V-10 with +800 horsepower and torque to match.

Lots of opportunities. All they need to do is to sell the first couple thousand, and then keep pouring on the steam.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My prediction is that the Gen V will be a hot seller in the beginning. With better motor, gearbox, rear end, tires, wheels, interior, suspension, electronics, sound system, styling, and supporting racing program, it should sell out for all production.

Then the even harder work begins. A program of constant innovation and improvement. When the initial feeding frenzy begins to wear off, they will most likely release a convertible version, that will be able to supply the pent up demand. Then they will release a world class track version (ACR). Many current ACR owners will be eager to update their track cars with the latest performance enhancements. These cars will probably take advantage of all the learning SRT will be doing with their racing program.

SRT will most likely release sometime in the future the tuneability of their Viper computer code. The aftermarket will go crazy with the ability to enhance the performance for street and track. This will bring even more buyers into the arena.

European and Asian marketplaces will be developed for these cars, and a significant portion of production will go to satisify the world wide demand for the limited production.

As most high performance competitors have branched off there will be opportunities to put Viper engines and technology into other lines to expand the Viper lineage. They can also go both upscale and downscale to provide Viper technology at different price points and for different markets.

They could spin off a V-8 version, with the same or slightly modified chassis, with different body structure. Perhaps even a supercharged V-10 with +800 horsepower and torque to match.

Lots of opportunities. All they need to do is to sell the first couple thousand, and then keep pouring on the steam.

Where I like where you are going except for the V8 non-sense, the chance of survival for the Viper is unfortunately low. With the way emissions controls are going, SRT will be forced to put the NA V-10 to bed in a few years. Direct injection, turbos, and possibly a even more advanced engine management system will be needed to meet regulations. The paddle shifters would also be forced on them because they will need to have cylinder deactivation and start/stop engine running technology. As much as I would like to see a Gen VI, there won't be. I can't imagine the Gen V making it more than 4 years, even if sales are good. If you doubt what I am saying, just look at the coming regulations and what other manufacturers are doing - even on low volume cars. Hybrids with twin turbo engines is what we are seeing as the future sports/super/hyper cars. Maybe this isn't a bad thing. It would certainly make the new Viper more collectible as well as older models, but don't get your hopes up of these ever expanding possibilities being on the horizon.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you wanted to move into the UK market to win over the Lambo and Ferrari boys the car would need to be Right Hand Drive :(

Personally I could not bear the thought :omg: As far as I'm concerned, its not American if its Right Hand Drive, and I would want one just as it is ;)

Having owned a couple of Left hand drive cars in the UK, (one a daily driver for 4 1/2 years) I find it no problem at all, but others always seem to dislike it :rolleyes:

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not believe CAFE requirements will kill the VIPER. Look at Ferrari, Aston Martin and Lambo. What will kill it is the lack of sales so if SRT keeps on improving the car like Paul is stating and making it a worthy competitor of the top brands and not just a *********, no bells like it was , it can be here for a while.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So just wondering, did SRT have any conversations with Chuck at VOI? Anything positive to take away?

My guess is that they stayed as far away from him as possible! It's a damn shame what they did to Tator's!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My understanding after a few inquiries is (and I like to stay as factual as possible) that a lot of people helped Chuck by talking to whoever they could within Chrysler, even Ralph himself, but because of the low sales volume and dealership requirements it is indeed not going to happen... unless someone can find a way within the existing situation that nobody noticed yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang