Tall guys in a Viper GTSs please respond

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I add a 2 inch seat lowering kit will a 6'3 person fit in, and be able to drive the car comfortably..Thanks...Al

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 6'2" with a 1" lowering kit and I fit just fine. Only time I wish I were shorter is when I am driving into the sun with the visor turned down. That thing is so bulky. I also fit with a helmet on.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6-4 210 and I use the 1" kit. My knee is against the headlight switch most of the time but ***, I'm in a Viper. Woohoo!

Plenty of head room as I can wear a ball cap but in the SRT I cannot.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Al, I just made and installed a 2" kit and gained 1.5" of knee clearance from the bolster and I feel short in the Viper now. I'm 6' and fat. So if it works for someone like me it should be OK for 6' 3". If you want to borrow one to try out let me know. - TP

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Al, I just made and installed a 2" kit and gained 1.5" of knee clearance from the bolster and I feel short in the Viper now. I'm 6' and fat. So if it works for someone like me it should be OK for 6' 3". If you want to borrow one to try out let me know. - TP
Thanks for the responses TallBoyz Tony I dont recall you being fat last time I saw you!...Al:D

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 6'4" and with a 2" lowering kit, the car fits perfect. The only problem with the lowering kit is it limits who else can drive the car. Not a problem most times, but there have been a few instances where I would have rather let my g/f drive me home rather than take a cab and leave the car sitting on the street all night...

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Other concerns are torso height as compared to leg length. My body sits 6'4" while I have shorter legs. I sit closer to the steering wheel and tall. Made my own 1.5" seat lowering kit (as shown in Illustrated Upgrades) and although I fit before ... vision and comfort are much improved for me.

Ted

rt/10stew

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So is there more head room in a gts than in an rt/10? as I am 6'3" with a 1" drop seat but still find it too restrictive.

thanks Stew

harley56

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on where your height is - torso or legs. I'm 6'3", with a 37" inseam. Lowering kit hurt as it moved the base of the seat further forward; however, I'm probably the exception.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on where your height is - torso or legs. I'm 6'3", with a 37" inseam. Lowering kit hurt as it moved the base of the seat further forward; however, I'm probably the exception.

Nope, my inseam is 32" and I had the same issue until I made my own 2" kit which puts seats as far back as possible and still maintains a 2" drop. I never understood why those kits push the seat forward so much when knee room for the tall is at a premium in the Viper. :dunno:

Tagoo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am 6'4" with a 35"-36" inseam. In my 2002 RT/10 I was really cramped. I had to use the 2" seat drop kit to be able to use a helmet with my top on. The bummer with the lowering your seat is that it drops you down so far it makes it kind of difficult to exit the car.

My 2000 GTS is much roomier. I fit in fine with the stock seat height. I think I have as much headroom in my GTS without a seat drop as I did in my RT/10 with the 2" drop.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When my friend who is 6'9" gets asked by people, how do you fit in there?
He says: Look at it, its a Viper, how Couldnt i fit???

his head skims the headliner. if he had to tilt his head then i'd consider getting a lowering kit for the passenger side.

yes he plays B-Ball:)

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am about to add a 2" fixed drop to my '06 coupe. I am 6'-2". However my wife, who has driven the car once is quite a bit shorter. I was hoping that someone out there might have a reasonable solution that would make up the difference to the seat. It is clear she will need some type of booster (clearly forward and then of course up 2")

I thought that there might be some type of cushion/booster used for pure race seats that might work.

Does anyone have any knowledge of anything like this?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960