Texas Round Up - Reviews and Pics

Big Mac

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For those that attended the Texas Round Up, post your pics and reviews here.

I still have to figure out how to get a ton of pics out of my new Iphone without emailing them one at a time. LOL I will post them asap.

Here's my review of the Round Up:

This was my first one, and I have to say it was an incredible experience. Ryan (Got One), his wife, and everyone else did a great job putting the event together.

The dyno/detailing day on Friday went off without an issue. I learned a lot about using a DA buffer, and the sound of the cars on the dyno was like music to the ears. Dinner at the Salt Lick was great, and we got to meet some new people that I think will be longtime friends.

Saturday was the drive out to Marble Falls and the route was very well put together. We volunteered to drag up the rear, so at times we would top a hill and there would be Vipers as far as the eyes could see. All the stops went off well, and we even got police assistance with traffic on the fuel stop so we could roll out as a group. (60+ cars I think.) Where else could you sit down with a guy like Ben Keating (sp?) over hamburgers and pic his brain about Vipers in general and learn about racing set ups? Saturday night was dinner and video games at Dave and Buster's. I got my wife a Viper coffee mug at the silent auction, and somehow that's not an appropriate anniversary present? LOL

Sunday was drag racing, and although there were some minor misunderstandings about the length of the runs it was a good time. Seeing the staging lanes full of Vipers was very cool.

The one thing that stands out about the Round Up to me (and my wife) is how friendly everyone in the entire group is. I have never been to a gathering of car people where everyone was so down to earth and so cool to talk to. Noboady cared if you had a new car or an old one, if you had a ton of mods or were bone stock, if you raced at the track or just cruised around. Everyone just wanted to hang out and be friends. Nobody had an attitude when I asked them my newbie questions and everyone offered help when they could.

I think that anyone who can make this event should definately put it on their calender for next year. I know I will be there for sure.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good write up and sorry I missed it this time. Ben Keating is very interesting and a good friend of mine. I bought my new Viper from him and he knows how to run a business. Oh I almost forgot, he also knows how to road race!!!

Blazeone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was my first round up and it was awesome. Very well planned and organized :2tu: Some good take no prisoners drives :devgrin: Thanks to everyone involved. :headbang:

As far as I know no one was ticketed, broke down or went off course. A testament to both the drivers and the Vipers.

Here are a few more of my pic's.

You must be registered for see images

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
In my role as a National VCA Officer 2007-2008, I was fortunate to attend many Viper Club events around the country.

Ryan, his wife Ashley and members of the SC Texas Region put on as good a show as anyone.

The whole atmosphere is totally upbeat. This event is actually the best combination of FUN, DRIVING and FOOD I have encountered.

GOD BLESS TEXAS!!!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loved the driving mix CD for the stereo...

Looking forward to the pic site when it gets loaded up. My navigator and photographer was also the group cripple that day! One handed camera no workie in a Viper.

Thanks for the good time Ryan. Looking forward to the San Marcos run in May with the kids.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! What a collection! I wish I could have made it. I see Janni Cone's old 1996 GTS there. That was always a favorite of mine :2tu:

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The 2nd song on the CD had some lyrics like "Do you Wanna Die" repeating over and over.

Those lyrics were playing when we passed the motorcycle accident with guys laying in the weeds and waiting for ambulances to arrive.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and I had one helluva a good time. Met tons of great folks from the area and saw some really schweet V-10's. Roads, detours, food, all awesome!!! I definately didn't want it to end. Now I'm back at work wishing & waiting for the next one!

I had so much fun - I cound't believe I never broke the speed limit the entire time!

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cound't believe I never broke the speed limit the entire time!
Ummmm.... Yeah, right... I seem to recall seeing a blur of the stealth fighter a few times! I guess I must have been parked or something... :):drive::)

Yeppers, it was quite a weekend! The central Texas rolling Viper show was nothing short of awesome! Ryan and the rest of the folks who helped set it all up did an outstanding job.

Now I want to hear 100 Vipers start their engines simultaneously in 2010!!! :):):)

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan... Are the pics up at the site yet? :dunno:

I will start a new thread tomorrow...14 gigs of going through pictures and such, making the video and technical difficulties including uploads crashing the server a few times :omg:

will be up tomorrow.....FINALLY!!!!!!! :headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187