Thank You CAAP!!!

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to say thank you to the fine folks at Conner Avenue Assembly for providing my ride with such a phenomenal drivetrain.

The 'Last Gen. 4 Off The Line' event yesterday was absolutely fantastic, and a fitting tribute to, as the CEO said, "The best car in the world".

I forgot my camera at home, but there were TONS of folks taking pictures so I'm sure many will get posted.
The celebration at the plant and then at the Walter P. Chrysler museum were very well done and respectful.

The night before, I was fortunate enough to have dinner with Dick Winkles ("Mr. V-10") and VCA President Chris Marshall, and about a dozen other fine VCA folks.
Dick is one of the few people on the planet I could have as a boss.
Good food, great company, some tall tales, and plenty of bagging on the bad guys and the bad cars. :)

Got to meet up with Iowa VCA member Phun70 and his buddy Alan (we worked on his Gen. I in my garage at Nats last year). Phun70 convoyed with another Iowan and his daughter, but I completely forgot their names. :)
Met Mike from NH with his very clean SSG, and OKFireChief and his very nice wife from Oklahoma with their Gen. 1.
All super-cool folks.

HUGE props to Randall Arnold and all the other VCA-OH members for inviting me up and letting me hang out with them all day (and for lunch!).
We tried, several times, to talk MoparBoy into getting a new ride so he could ditch that V8 winged-thing he's currently sporting.....to no avail. :D

At the WPC Museum, Dodge had a bunch of rare/interesting vehicles parked out front:
- The auto show/concept car
- The running prototype (MV-01)
- The actual Nürburgring car
- A 1:33 Edition
- Herb's Salt Flats Gen. 2.
- The Grailkeeper!
Many of the Viper alumni from the original design team spoke at the WPC Museum. The anecdotes were great and I think everyone had a nice time.

I'm not sure if anyone else picked up on it, but Ralph dropped a HUGE hint as to the future of the Viper.
Fear not, my friends. He's an absolute car guy, and I'm sure he'll fight tooth & nail to keep the Viper going.

Thanks again to everyone for a great day!

OP
OP
K

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same, Bruce!

Simms- sorry we didn't get to meet at this event.
Another time.

Heh heh...sorry Robert. With so many blue cars there, you were the easy target (the car is so nice and badass, some razzing is required).
Just imagine if we got Stretch, Chad, you and myself all in one spot!!!
We'd put the Hadron Collider to shame. :D

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suppose we should meet at my place or Kevan's since they're kind of in the middle. That would be one hilarious weekend. For grins I'll invite Timbo too :2tu:

Super bummed I missed this event but I hope some pictures get posted soon!

G

Gotvenom 08

I suppose we should meet at my place or Kevan's since they're kind of in the middle. That would be one hilarious weekend. For grins I'll invite Timbo too :2tu:

Super bummed I missed this event but I hope some pictures get posted soon!

Hey what's wrong with Timbo?????( looks right then left) :dunno::lmao: :D I'll bring the salt for the Marg's:2tu:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey what's wrong with Timbo?????( looks right then left) :dunno::lmao: :D I'll bring the salt for the Marg's:2tu:

Absolutely nothing! :rolaugh: We need you there to add some flavor. Margaritas will definitely be on the menu, but not until after the driving :drive:

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to second Kevin's comments. It was a great event and I really enjoyed meeting passionate VCA members from all over the nation (ok, our Canadian friends too).
I would also like to thank the fine folks at Arrow Racing Engines for giving us an impromptu tour of their facility (They also sell the fade to black intakes and air intake closeout panels for our Gen 4's).

The SRT guys just plain rock and the CTC tour was incredible! Special thanks to Dick Winkles for all your time.

I set a new personal record for a day in the Viper. It took me 12 hours to get from Niagara Falls to my home in NH (1 hour was just sitting in traffic at the US boarder. I also ended up in a small town parade in NY and as night fell, I had several fireworks displays to enjoy which really made me appreciate the roadster. It was a 1700 mile (top down) trip that was just awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again soon!

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Great to see you again, Kevan, and Robert. By the way, has anyone seen my hat??? I seem to have lost my hat from the final event with signatures and all. ****!!! I will post pics here later, my wife has some honey do's for me right now!! Mark

V

Venomiss

Thank you to everyone who made this event so special.

closed.JPG

G

Gotvenom 08

Where to start..... ;)

How much time do you have? :rolaugh::D

You know that is not even remotely funny!!!!:mad:

Well okay I will give you one! :rolleyes: Now that was entertaining at my expense.:rolaugh::lmao:

I will take it out on you at the go kart track at VOI.Team yellow will lose,as they will be slow and every one laps them over and over again:omg:.Sure hope Team Yellow(losers) doesn't get a complex.:D We need to keep them around for beat up laps on the track.:)

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Listen here grandpa! I would suggest you do not get too rowdy on the go cart track as you may overload your pacemaker! :lmao:

:D

Make that two at your expense! :D :rolaugh: