Thanks Ralph and Chrysler!

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I was cruising around Virginia Beach in my Viper this afternoon, It occured to me that there are a LOT of nice Chrysler products out on the street now. I saw a gorgeous black SRT8 Charger, A head turning red R/T Charger, An awesome black SRT8 300, several SRT8 Challengers, as well as many R/T and 6Cyl Challengers. We often forget that it was not very many years ago that we were the laughing stock of the auto industry. Now we lead in sales percentage. Not too long ago, the other muscle car owners turned their heads when Mopar people came rumbling up. Now they are looking to see what we've done to our 5.7's, 6.1's, 6.4's, and V-10's. Arguable it wasn't too long ago that the Viper was the only thing other muscle heads had to worry about , now they respect that SRT8 badge on the trunk. Most magazines had nothing good to say about ANYTHING from Chrysler, now they try to beat each other to the printer when they gush about the latest thing coming from Chrysler and Mopar. Who would have dreamt, that my 300 SRT8 would get as much attention at a show as my Viper does?
So, from a lifelong Mopar lover... through many dark years... the light is shining!!! Thanks Ralph, and thanks Chrysler for making us proud.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
agreed except i cant accept a FOUR door, hemi charger (dont even get me started on the daytona)........call it anything else but a charger !

good post !

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed actually. I have never really been too impressed with Dodge/Chrysler vehicles. But over the last few years, they've really pulled out some winners. If they can keep the gas mileage low, I'd say they'll have some good years in sales coming up.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2013 Dodge Dart looks intresting for what it is. Looks like a great little car, but hardly a Dart. 40 mpg which is impressive. Wonder if they can stuff a Hemi in an SRT version. Ha! Ha!

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got to see the 2012's in Vegas at the SRT Experience. I like all of them except I can't hang with a 300 - just too old people's car - I can say that since I am 64.

I was totally impressed with the new SRT Jeep. I would buy one if we didn't already have too many vehicles.

Last edited:

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge Charger = best looking patrol car ever

You must be registered for see images attach

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've driven both the 300 and charger (none SRTs) on extended trips. I can't say enough good things about both cars. I'm so picky that the only thing I had an issue with is the sun visor. There's only one. Other than that these cars are awesome. Love the new interior, and control unit. They also get great gas mileage. The 300 got over 32 mpg on my trip that included some city driving, and I believe could do much better.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The boys and girls at CTC make me proud to say I am a Mopar Boy. They have so much cool stuff now I can't afford it all! :rolaugh:

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In addition to my 2003 Gen III, I also own a 2007 SRT8 Charger Superbee. The 6.1 is a fine engine, and the new 6.4 is even better (although I haven't driven one).

The entire SRT line is very nice. Mopar is back, and the new Viper will be world-class.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sitting on the sales side of the fence it is remarkable to see the comments and excitement from buyers with all of today's Chrysler products. Many know of Ralph's passion for the Viper, but he has left his mark on the interiors of the new Pentastar products , as this is an equal passion in his eyes. Pretty wild to have two interiors recognized as " Best in the World " , as well as seeing so many conquest sales from the import side. This year alone we have seen X5s, Range Rovers, a Mercedes SUVs, Lexus SUVs, etc. being traded in on Durangos and Jeep Grand Cherokees, and alot of smaller imports coming in on Chrysler 200s. This is surprising to me to see such large number of imports, but consumers are really blown away by the features of the new Chryslers. With big sales gains the last three months and gains virtually over every month of last year, your comment about what a fantastic job Ralph , Sergio , and all the talented engineers , marketing folks, etc. have done with the MoPar brands is absolutely unprecedented. Thanks for posting this thread , as it needed to be said and the thanks you meant so heartfelt is great for all in the business to hear !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte