The 2009 VCA sponsored December race...................

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IS ON! Hey People, here it is! The Annual Viper race in December is on. This is the same race we had in Bradenton, FL but due to it's distance, their schedule and other issues, we wanted to make it a little more central. This race is being put on by the Central FL and Georgia VCA clubs. This race is being held in Valdosta, GA at the South Georgia Motorsports Park Dec. 12th&13th!

This is going to be a 2-day event. First day (Sat.) will be test and tune along with the much anticipated Street Tire Shootout, but this year, instead of one Street Tire Shootout, we are going to have 2 :2tu::2tu:

Only approved OEM or equivalent tires allowed, no Kumhos or Hoosiers.

Stock class with bolt-ons allowed(determined by a council of officers)
and
Anything goes :2tu:

Both will have guaranteed payouts!

Sunday is the main event. Both days will be long and fun :D Gates open at 9AM, the day ends at 5 PM. See the flyer below. We are actively recruiting supporters/vendors and would welcome all who would like to join the VCA. You must be a VCA member to race, so now is the time :2tu:

If there are any question contact me or John Canal. Registration form will follow later today. Let's make this a great event:

Hey Mods, can we make this a sticky:

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What can one expect regarding tech inspections? Hate to get there and then "newbie" out due to not being able to pass tech. Getting into Bradenton is kicking my rear right now given that I "might, could, should, moon & stars align" run faster than a 10.90 during their test & tune days.

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What can one expect regarding tech inspections? Hate to get there and then "newbie" out due to not being able to pass tech. Getting into Bradenton is kicking my rear right now given that I "might, could, should, moon & stars align" run faster than a 10.90 during their test & tune days.

Tech inspections should be "viper friendly" but you will still need the basic safety equipment(helmut, gloves, long pants and long sleeved shirt). If your car is going to go into the 9's or better, just get a 5 or 6 point harness now.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if I'm running 9's, on street tires, in a convertible with the top down? Would that be looked upon badly :D

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I can't race regardless of tech. The "rules" board already said my car isn't legal to run in the STSO because I'm too fast. Anything goes, as long as you aren't too fast :).

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I can't race regardless of tech. The "rules" board already said my car isn't legal to run in the STSO because I'm too fast. Anything goes, as long as you aren't too fast :).

I thought you sold your car ?

As for the "anything goes" in the street tire shootout, I don't think they had given consideration to automatic transmission cars ;) I doubt it was because you are "too fast"

Mind you, I have nothing to do with the race and have not discussed your situation with anyone either. Just observations.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I traded my car, just happens to be another automatic car. It is exactly the same driveline wise as my current car.

If I wasn't too fast, they wouldn't have made a rule against the automatics :rolleyes:. Everyone knows my previous car ran 9's all day on pump gas and 12lbs boost on a 20" HRE/Invo combo. I ran those 9's going 6.60's through the 1/8th. I've posted time slips of me running 6.20's/6.30's on my 1/8th mile track. Simple math, if I'm running 9.90 going through 6.65, what do you think I'm going to run when I cross at 6.30.

How many 6 speeds have been in the 9's on street tires? Less than 2-3? Those cars were turned way up (look at the mph) on race gas. Like I said on the other board. I'm fine with it, I understand. I just find it funny that this race is supposed to be about fun. Getting viper owners together to share our hobby. Yet, as soon as someone realized that a few cars have the field covered 1/2 second in the street tire class, more rules had to be made. The fun went out the window all of a sudden.

No worries. I'll show up and just spectate. It is what it is.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I traded my car, just happens to be another automatic car. It is exactly the same driveline wise as my current car.

If I wasn't too fast, they wouldn't have made a rule against the automatics :rolleyes:. Everyone knows my previous car ran 9's all day on pump gas and 12lbs boost on a 20" HRE/Invo combo. I ran those 9's going 6.60's through the 1/8th. I've posted time slips of me running 6.20's/6.30's on my 1/8th mile track. Simple math, if I'm running 9.90 going through 6.65, what do you think I'm going to run when I cross at 6.30.

How many 6 speeds have been in the 9's on street tires? Less than 2-3? Those cars were turned way up (look at the mph) on race gas. Like I said on the other board. I'm fine with it, I understand. I just find it funny that this race is supposed to be about fun. Getting viper owners together to share our hobby. Yet, as soon as someone realized that a few cars have the field covered 1/2 second in the street tire class, more rules had to be made. The fun went out the window all of a sudden.

No worries. I'll show up and just spectate. It is what it is.

I disagree. And I replied here before I read/replied at VA.
I don't think you have been around to see all the other V10 races but never ever in any street tire shootout at a V10 race would an automatic be allowed. Nothing to do with how fast you were or will be.
Believe me, since 99.9% of Vipers are still 6 speeds you are soooo far in the minority it can't even be measured. You think everyone else that got hammered by an auto car in their 6 speed would think it's "fun" ? And this from one of the few (me) that also has an auto for my car.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're not making any logical sense. If the automatic didn't have a huge performance advantage, there would be no rule against it. As far as "fun". Fun isn't about winning and losing. I've bracket raced for a decade. If I only counted a race win as having fun, then I wouldn't be doing it, nobody would. You do it because you ENJOY racing. It shouldn't be about winning all the time. You say being faster isn't a factor and a sentence later, that it wouldn't be fun for the 6 speeds to get beat.

You just proved my point. The 6 speeds don't want to race an auto because they'll get beat and getting beat isn't "fun". Like I said, fine by me, but lets just be honest as to why. Time to let this die. This shouldn't take away from what should be a fun event.

OVERBOOST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if mine does not sale by then and the way it's going I don't think it will, I will be there. I should get back from the sandbox around the 5th so I will be good to go.

Which one of your cars you going to run Mike??

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if mine does not sale by then and the way it's going I don't think it will, I will be there. I should get back from the sandbox around the 5th so I will be good to go.

Which one of your cars you going to run Mike??

The slow one of course............................:D:D

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As it should be, you don't need more class's. For future consideration, the DR class isn't a bad idea. Of course, assuming a sponsor can be put on board.

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Once we start to get an idea of how many cars we will have, we can look and see if we can fit a DR race into the schedule. keep posting here if you are coming, we will be sending out and posting up the registration forms soon.

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like to announce we have out first 2 sponsors of the event.

Greg Good Cylinder Heads - Silver Sponsor:2tu:

Ringgold Dodge(Mike Robbins)Gold Sponsor:2tu:

Both of these sponsors supported our race last year and I would like to thank them again for their continued support. I know Mike Robbins sold about 6 Vipers since the race. The reason I just bought an 09 from Mike was he supported the community and in return he was the first new car dealer I called.

Hint Hint to anyone else who would like to support our Fl/Ga race and increase their exposure.

:usa: