The Elephant in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two magazines and the 75K may be net of the cost. As for the credit card, I would be careful there. You did get, even taking your view into consideration, almost all of what you paid for. The majority of your dues went back to your Region; this site has been maintained; Viper Registry has been maintained; some magazines are late but you did receive some magazines. So phoning your credit card company would appear to be puting in a false protest.

I do not think that there will be litigation on the somewhat narrow issue of this thread but why waive a red flag in front of a potentially angry bull? There are quite a few very wealthy loyal members who, if you push them hard enough, might finance a suit. It would not be the first time that happened when emotions were high. So let's just get back to addressing the subject of Paul's question. It is a fair question.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
way to late now, the relentless post from those who hate the vca will not stop!
So all lose, thanks to the haters who will never give into a end to all this.

not the people i knew when i joined

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two magazines and the 75K may be net of the cost. As for the credit card, I would be careful there. You did get, even taking your view into consideration, almost all of what you paid for. The majority of your dues went back to your Region; this site has been maintained; Viper Registry has been maintained; some magazines are late but you did receive some magazines. So phoning your credit card company would appear to be puting in a false protest.

I do not think that there will be litigation on the somewhat narrow issue of this thread but why waive a red flag in front of a potentially angry bull? There are quite a few very wealthy loyal members who, if you push them hard enough, might finance a suit. It would not be the first time that happened when emotions were high. So let's just get back to addressing the subject of Paul's question. It is a fair question.

Just sayin! Not sure I'd ever go this route but it is one avenue that someone brought up

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two magazines and the 75K may be net of the cost. As for the credit card, I would be careful there. You did get, even taking your view into consideration, almost all of what you paid for. The majority of your dues went back to your Region; this site has been maintained; Viper Registry has been maintained; some magazines are late but you did receive some magazines. So phoning your credit card company would appear to be puting in a false protest. I do not think that there will be litigation on the somewhat narrow issue of this thread but why waive a red flag in front of a potentially angry bull? There are quite a few very wealthy loyal members who, if you push them hard enough, might finance a suit. It would not be the first time that happened when emotions were high. So let's just get back to addressing the subject of Paul's question. It is a fair question.
I agree with Bob. The cost to litigate with the potential available balances would not prove viable in the legal world. Not to say that some might not file just to try and prove a point! As far as the magazine issue, dues were split between National and the Regions. With the National's portion there were membership packets, administration costs and then the magazine/postage costs.I would guess that each magazine, with postage, cost around $5 each. Therefore, someone that received only 2 of the 6 promised magazines might be able to claim a "refund" of $20, then if the magazines do come late the false claim or a re-billing issue comes up.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW, 2 magazines were just approved and are in process. So we can keep that $20 :)

Sam/Bob you bring up great points. We have one or 2 requests for cancellation/refund now. We are 350 days in on the year, 4 of 6 mags (and now 6) in, insurance coverage for the entire year, raffles tickets purchased (winners received prizes), etc. etc. and now people are asking for refunds.

Kind of like asking for a refund when you didn't win the $500MM lottery, or cancelling your medical insurance and expecting a refund after a year of use. But to the other points there are some ANGRY bulls around here, so they can rationalize anything (my magazine had a crease, give me my $120 back)...

Thanks for the comments all, happy holidays!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please provide a list of official VCA regions for 2014. Regions that have fully committed to stay with VCA for 2014.

Also, which regions have people that are willing to "step in" and take over the VCA titled region?

I'm sure you guys know the answer to this! Why wont you answer it? I have yet to decide to join any club yet, and would like to know if there is a NY region to join?

FOViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam/Bob you bring up great points. We have one or 2 requests for cancellation/refund now. We are 350 days in on the year, 4 of 6 mags (and now 6) in, insurance coverage for the entire year, raffles tickets purchased (winners received prizes), etc. etc. and now people are asking for refunds.

Kind of like asking for a refund when you didn't win the $500MM lottery, or cancelling your medical insurance and expecting a refund after a year of use. But to the other points there are some ANGRY bulls around here, so they can rationalize anything (my magazine had a crease, give me my $120 back)...

Thanks for the comments all, happy holidays!

Are you saying people are asking for 2013 refunds back or 2014??

FOViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure you guys know the answer to this! Why wont you answer it? I have yet to decide to join any club yet, and would like to know if there is a NY region to join?

It's all apart of the new transparency and communication that the new *** has committed to....

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear VCA members
The number of renewals that we have received since you read our Q&A letter a few days ago has been remarkable! Thank you! The outpouring of support has been wonderful and VERY much appreciated. Let’s keep up the enthusiasm! If you have not yet renewed, please do so today at www.viperclub.org Some of us are members of multiple car clubs, so why not consider dual membership? We have no problem with you being a member of multiple car clubs. Many of you have written personal letters thanking us for the many changes we have made so that the VCA will be a better club than ever before. Now that you have seen what the new national board has been able to accomplish over the past 3 months, imagine what the new national board can do over the next year with YOUR help. Your positive feedback makes this all worthwhile. All these changes have been made for YOU, our members.
We wanted to let you know that we are having a VCA Planning Meeting the weekend of Jan 24, 25, 26 scheduled around the Rolex 24 hour race taking place that weekend at Daytona International Speedway. FYI, this is NOT for VCA officers only but for all VCA members with the passion and desire to help us move the club forward and improve the club. We’d like to invite all VCA members who are available to join us that weekend to watch the race and participate in some open discussions with the new VCA leadership group on how to best move the VCA forward during 2014. This is a great opportunity to have some fun, meet other VCA members, get involved with the club and help us improve the VCA brand! Please let us know if you’d like to attend. SRT will be present and we’re working on a joint race event with them. Details to follow...
We want to emphasize that we are looking for loyal VCA supporters to take over existing VCA regions that have chosen to disassociate. As of this writing, some regional presidents have notified us that they are not renewing their memberships with the VCA in 2014. FYI, we have now received membership renewals in every state in the USA. Your region can continue to thrive in 2014, but we need your help! Please contact any of us to discuss further. We have already found new leadership in several areas to keep their VCA region alive and well.
Lastly, in the spirit of the holidays and recognizing that many of us could do more to help others, we national officers have each chosen to write a check for $100.00 to the Wounded Warriors Project. Please join us if you can. We each plan to write “Viper Club of America” on the memo line of our checks to show our support for our heroes. Or, if you prefer, you can simply write “Viper Nation” to show our group’s support.
Send checks to:
Wounded Warrior Project
P.O. Box 758517
Topeka, Kansas 66675
Go on line to donate at: www.woundedwarriorproject.org/Donate
We wish you all a Happy Holiday season filled with family, friends, and everything you hold dear.
2014 is going to be a great year—thanks again for your help making this happen!
Sincerely,
Dan Everts [email protected]
Fredi Spaltenstein [email protected]
John Canal [email protected]
Lucas Chaney [email protected]
Greg Crouse [email protected]
John Mavridis [email protected]
Ron Kooser [email protected]
Cathy Smiley [email protected]

OP
OP
P

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan.

I will also make a donation to the Wounded Warrier Project, and add that to my Chrismas charities.

They do great work, and many of them come home from the battlefield pretty messed up and in real need of rehabilitation.

It also saddens me much to realize that while soldiers of many countries are fighting right now, they will be coming home to see continued fighting right here on these forums.

We should be humbled by what they have sacrificed fighting for their country, and perhaps we should be just a bit ashamed to see such an elite group as Viper owners to be

squabbling so much between ourselves, instead of taking a little time to see how blessed we all are while we sleep safely in our beds, and drive one of the premier sports cars on

the planet.

Peace on Earth and Good Will to Men (and ViperClubs)

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear VCA members
The number of renewals that we have received since you read our Q&A letter a few days ago has been remarkable! Thank you! The outpouring of support has been wonderful and VERY much appreciated. Let’s keep up the enthusiasm! If you have not yet renewed, please do so today at www.viperclub.org Some of us are members of multiple car clubs, so why not consider dual membership? We have no problem with you being a member of multiple car clubs. Many of you have written personal letters thanking us for the many changes we have made so that the VCA will be a better club than ever before. Now that you have seen what the new national board has been able to accomplish over the past 3 months, imagine what the new national board can do over the next year with YOUR help. Your positive feedback makes this all worthwhile. All these changes have been made for YOU, our members.
We wanted to let you know that we are having a VCA Planning Meeting the weekend of Jan 24, 25, 26 scheduled around the Rolex 24 hour race taking place that weekend at Daytona International Speedway. FYI, this is NOT for VCA officers only but for all VCA members with the passion and desire to help us move the club forward and improve the club. We’d like to invite all VCA members who are available to join us that weekend to watch the race and participate in some open discussions with the new VCA leadership group on how to best move the VCA forward during 2014. This is a great opportunity to have some fun, meet other VCA members, get involved with the club and help us improve the VCA brand! Please let us know if you’d like to attend. SRT will be present and we’re working on a joint race event with them. Details to follow...
We want to emphasize that we are looking for loyal VCA supporters to take over existing VCA regions that have chosen to disassociate. As of this writing, some regional presidents have notified us that they are not renewing their memberships with the VCA in 2014. FYI, we have now received membership renewals in every state in the USA. Your region can continue to thrive in 2014, but we need your help! Please contact any of us to discuss further. We have already found new leadership in several areas to keep their VCA region alive and well.
Lastly, in the spirit of the holidays and recognizing that many of us could do more to help others, we national officers have each chosen to write a check for $100.00 to the Wounded Warriors Project. Please join us if you can. We each plan to write “Viper Club of America” on the memo line of our checks to show our support for our heroes. Or, if you prefer, you can simply write “Viper Nation” to show our group’s support.
Send checks to:
Wounded Warrior Project
P.O. Box 758517
Topeka, Kansas 66675
Go on line to donate at: www.woundedwarriorproject.org/Donate
We wish you all a Happy Holiday season filled with family, friends, and everything you hold dear.
2014 is going to be a great year—thanks again for your help making this happen!
Sincerely,
Dan Everts [email protected]
Fredi Spaltenstein [email protected]
John Canal [email protected]
Lucas Chaney [email protected]
Greg Crouse [email protected]
John Mavridis [email protected]
Ron Kooser [email protected]
Cathy Smiley [email protected]

All this bull and no solid real #s to back it up! My check is in the mail:rolleyes:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It appears by some of the posted responses to the Board's most recent letter that Scrooge may also be in the room.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand what people donating money to Wounded Warriors had to do with the VCA - why it was official communication from the club

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not? The VCA is a 501(c)(7) exempt entity and a nonprofit under state law. Part of its mission is charitable per paragraph 4 of the preamble of the Bylaws. I am sending a check in tomorrow.

Last edited:

FOViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not? The VCA is a 501(c)(7) exempt entity and a nonprofit under state law. Part of its mission is charitable per paragraph 4 of the preamble of the Bylaws. I am sending a check in tomorrow.

Is any check being written by the 501(c)(7)??

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Organizing charitable efforts is part of the VCA's mission. It is hard to understand the hostility toward the suggestion to give to Wounded Warriors. I would guess that whether someone is a member of the VCA, the new club or both, a very high percentage respect our military and the sacrifices that they have made to protect our freedom.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand what people donating money to Wounded Warriors had to do with the VCA - why it was official communication from the club

Because it's just a clumsy transparent attempt to make the new *** look like caring individuals as opposed to those self serving misfits over at that other site? The new VCA cares, dammit!

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aww, come on Jon. It is no veiled attempt at anything. ALL our clubs should be charitable (its in my Region's by-laws), we are just trying to provide a consistent direction for a worthy cause, and our next raffle will benefit the org. before we just gave to whomever the President was for the region, now we can be in the 10s of thousands for 1 org, which is good press for ALL Viper owners (yes, even the other guys).

There is no "intent" here. I love how every action is suspect, being a real politician must be so much fun...

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One wonders how long it takes to realize that change for the good is coming to the VCA. Please give it a rest. The ongoing antagonism is not going alter current or future events.

FOViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please provide a list of official VCA regions for 2014. Regions that have fully committed to stay with VCA for 2014.

Also, which regions have people that are willing to "step in" and take over the VCA titled region?

Simple questions from 4 days ago that have still been refused to be answered by the multiple directors and *** members in this thread. I hope you guys understand why people still think the changes hasn't been that drastic. Simple questions can't get simple answers. Sound familiar?

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A truthfull answer to that question would be more damaging to VCA, with full membership, the club is not able to fullfill what's been promised so.....

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Organizing charitable efforts is part of the VCA's mission. It is hard to understand the hostility toward the suggestion to give to Wounded Warriors. I would guess that whether someone is a member of the VCA, the new club or both, a very high percentage respect our military and the sacrifices that they have made to protect our freedom.

If you review the income for the VCA v their charitable contributions over the past four years, you'll find income of 3+ million! and charitable contributions of less than 2 thousand. A shameful record that needs to be addressed with the new ***.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you but not necessarily with the 3 million figure you used. I do not think that figure is net of expenses. I think Dan and the Board are going to address the issue. See post 111 above. If I read it correctly, it means that the next raffle proceeds will be shared with a charity. That would be a good start.

If you review the income for the VCA v their charitable contributions over the past four years, you'll find income of 3+ million! and charitable contributions of less than 2 thousand. A shameful record that needs to be addressed with the new ***.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The letter sounds nice, but how about some numbers to back it up?
How many renewals have been paid for 2014?
It says that all regions are still accounted for. How many people are in each of those regions now? The vast majority of the existing regions left the VCA. By saying that all regions are accounted for, that could mean there's a lot of "1 person" regions.

I know the Bob's will jump on this post as just another VCA bashing post, but why won't the VCA answer these simple questions?

If people choose the VCA, VOA, both or neither, that is fully up to them. I just don't want people to make their choice(s) based on the misinformation (unless they actually answer the questions in writing) contained in the VCA email above.

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It absolutely would. In one year the donation was in excess of 30K. Even if it's a few thousand, it's a good move.

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good for you. Or sign up for the $19.00 a month direct deposit program. The money is automatically deducted every month. A great way to make a difference.

Last edited:

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The letter sounds nice, but how about some numbers to back it up?
How many renewals have been paid for 2014?
It says that all regions are still accounted for. How many people are in each of those regions now? The vast majority of the existing regions left the VCA. By saying that all regions are accounted for, that could mean there's a lot of "1 person" regions.

I know the Bob's will jump on this post as just another VCA bashing post, but why won't the VCA answer these simple questions?

If people choose the VCA, VOA, both or neither, that is fully up to them. I just don't want people to make their choice(s) based on the misinformation (unless they actually answer the questions in writing) contained in the VCA email above.

That's what I would like to know, I'm in NY where we always had a big club. Will there be one again? What's the story? So what's the answer to the question we all deserve to know before forking over the dough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets