The feel is begining to change

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an observation from a newbie with 650 miles - I got my car about 6 weeks ago where in PA it was averaging 90+ degrees each day - car felt like it would stick forever on the road - recently we have dipped into the 50's and the roads are getting a bit colder especially in the morning - the car feels ligher regarding its road touch - by this I mean less traction - I can now sense a little better the limits of what to do and not to do in colder weather - I plan to drive my viper through the winter as long as the roads are clean and rock salt levels a non issue. Its simply an outstanding damn car!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
?? It was 93 here in FL yesterday and I couldn't keep the tires from spinning.. Easily loose traction in 1st, shift to 2nd, chhiiiiiiiiirp them tires... Hit 3rd..... woohooO!

Turbo, lay in that pedal man!

of course, I"m breaking mine in like I stole it... ;) :)

G

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you still have no idea whats its like to loose control for no reason with run crap tires.

take it real slow with those garbage tires.

vd..

OP
OP
T

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lay in the pedal guys - just saying that the colder its been getting there is a change in the feel - there are a ton of stangs, 911's and vettes that turn the other way when I rumble down the streets! Thanks and Viper D I hear what you are saying about the tires. I had run craps on the C6 Vette I had before the Viper - when the traction control was off the thing just didnt hook up right - the Viper is actually better then the Vette in my opinion but nonetheless the tires stink.

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine will go into storage for the winter soon. Big power and cold roads are not a good thing. I have other cars with awd to drive in the colder months.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah be careful. I learned the hard way a few months back what cold weather and run craps can do...
146510-med.jpg

146516-med.jpg

No frame or suspension damage. Just cosmetics.
She is good as new though now!!!
1465DSC00619-med.JPG

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a 32 degree day, pulling out of my driveway at idle, the run-craps would spin. Now that I have Bridgestones, it's like night and day.

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah be careful. I learned the hard way a few months back what cold weather and run craps can do...
146510-med.jpg

146516-med.jpg

No frame or suspension damage. Just cosmetics.
She is good as new though now!!!
1465DSC00619-med.JPG

Dude, those pictures made me cry!!!! Maybe it's because my baby is silver also?

Glad you're good to go again. :headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang