the RARE Viper............

vinny2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i've been vacationing in Southern californis for the last few days. i have counted, in the San Diego/LaJolla area the following:
14 Porsches
10 Vettes
countless Benz's
countless Bimmers
8 350Z's
1 Aston martin
1 Bentley
2 Ferrari's.........
AND ABSOLUTELY ZERO VIPERS.
Makes you proud to own one!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt Viper is as rare as they come! :usa:

I've driven over 60000 miles this year alone on the highways and seen exactly "0" Vipers! crazy!

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This past summer I went a visited my brother in Beverly Hills and I saw only 1 GTS in a 2 weeks stay and we drove around alot. I still can't get over how rare they are even in heavily populated areas of the country. I have had my Viper 5 years here in South Dakota and still haven't seen one on the road.

syldogRT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've seen 3 in my area over the past summer. 2 GTS and a Gen 3. Oh, of course I always see mine when I open my garage door! :)

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen 2 over the course of 2000 miles here in Central Florida this summer.

On a side note: My son's football team got to see a viper (mine) the other day, couldn't resist this opportunity to leave a lasting impression on the team.

Here was the scenario: Kids all lined up behind concrete filled steel pipes, super smooth large blacktop parking lot with lots of room and not another car on it, Kids all chanting DO A BURNOUT!

O.K. kiddies, we line up on center of parking lot all rugrats 200ft away and behind barriers, Depress clutch, add power and dump, wheels begin pumping out blue smoke for 100ft then right turn into a full 360 degree smokin spin, ease out of it wave to my son's team and we're off.

You'd think these kids just won the superbowl, screaming, hootin and hollerin and running out to check the fresh rubber in the parking lot.

How many new viper enthusiasts do you think were converted in less that 30 seconds. Heh Heh Heh

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are rare indeed. Hell they made almost as many Ferrari 360s as all the viper years combined. :2tu:

KMODStang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are 2 in my town, one is my neighbor who has a Silver SRT and the other is a Blue/White GTS. I see them on occasion besides those 2 but one car I definitely see less is a Lamborghini.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes they are rare. Hardly ever see them when compared to other cars. Even when I am in Long Island, with all the money out there, you see Ferraris and Lambos all the time but never a Viper.

Klayfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not so sure I agree completely. Yes, they are rare. I think the bigger reason you don't see that many on the road is a number of Viper owners don't drive them all that much. That's why you tend to see Vipers that are 1995 or 1997 and only have 15,000 miles on them. They don't spend much time on the road. So that makes it more rare to see them. People with BMWs, Mercedes, Corvettes and Porches tend to drive them much more. Those cars with 75,000 miles plus are easy to find. So they're on the road much more and therefore easier to spot.

Steve

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are quite a few Vipers here in our area. There are usually 3 or 4 of us who show up at the weekly car show, and I see one every couple of months it seems, but Ferrari, Porsche, etc are a much more common site.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see at least two-three Vipers every week. I guess that's still not as common as Vettes. I see about twenty Vettes driving to work/daily. I also agree that many past Viper owners did not drive them.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree Vipers are rare but I couldn't help but notice that your entire list with the exception of the 350Z and vette is a list of manufacturers and not models. So, to answer your question I would say how many of those Porsches were Carrera GT's? Or how many of those Ferrari's were Enzo's? Don't get me wrong, I love my car. Just trying to keep things in perspective without getting too big a head. My $.02.

anunakki

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Living in Los Angeles I would say heres how I spot cars

COMMON: Daily
All Porsches except Carrera GT and GT2
Ferrari 360/430
Aston Martin DB7/9
Vette C6 Z06
Any Bentley/Rolls

UNCOMMON: Multiple times per week
Ferrari 355/348/550/575
Viper SRT
Aston Martin Vantage
Lambo Murci
Lambo Gallardo

RARE:At least once a week
Viper Gen I/II
Aston Martin Vanquish
Lambo Diablo

RARER STILL:At least couple times per month
Porsche Carrera GT
Ford GT
Benz SLR

SUPER RARE: At least once every couple months
Porsche GT2
Ferrari Enzo

ONCE IN A LIFETIME: Like getting hit by lightning
Veyron
McLaren F1
Ferrari F40/F50/etc

not sure why I did this..but there ya go !

J

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Living in Los Angeles I would say heres how I spot cars

ONCE IN A LIFETIME: Like getting hit by lightning
Veyron
McLaren F1
Ferrari F40/F50/etc

not sure why I did this..but there ya go !

J

There are only 3 (maybe more by now) Veyron's in the country, and less then 100 McLaren F1's world wide. Seeing either on the street is super rare, and I would probably have a heart attack if I got that lucky.

As for Viper's, here in Northern Colorado I see one or two a month on the street. Most are SRT's, but I do get lucky and see GTS's and RT/10's now and then.

TriJim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to jump in on this one.

In the past 2 months I've seen 2-RT-10s, 2 Bentleys, a Lamborghini, and a million Porsches. In every case they were passing me at over 100 mph.

On the autobahn just outside Stuttgart. Enjoy VOI.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950