The ultimate race of all times!!!

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But all BMW owners have their head up their @$$, NO EXCEPTIONS!

Ever see a ******** child flap his wings like a chicken?
You must be registered for see images

Now you can say you have.

Are you sure BMW owners aren't the only people with their head up their @$$? :rolleyes:

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best time i saw was my buddy in his SV. When he started out he was running high 13's. His best was 11.59, at i believe 125 mph. Im certain on the Et, dont remember the mph.

The above chart is from Car and Driver.

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are you sure BMW owners aren't the only people with their head up their @$$? :rolleyes:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best time i saw was my buddy in his SV. When he started out he was running high 13's. His best was 11.59, at i believe 125 mph. Im certain on the Et, dont remember the mph.

The above chart is from Car and Driver.

NICE.

you see the thread on here about a week or so back where a bone stock viper ran 11.67 ??

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That C&D article stinks of a "ringer"....Sometimes mfg's send a version with a little extra sumtin...Never seen any other test of the early Diablo's where the mph is even close to 125..That includes some Euro mags Ive read...Most mags have it between 118-121 since were magazine racing..

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

7061assclown1ds.jpg

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That C&D article stinks of a "ringer"....Sometimes mfg's send a version with a little extra sumtin...Never seen any other test of the early Diablo's where the mph is even close to 125..That includes some Euro mags Ive read...Most mags have it between 118-121 since were magazine racing..

Its actually quite the opposite. If you read the article, youll see they purposely did the roadtest, because a private individual asked them to thrash his car. He wanted a no-holds bar test, which is one of the only real tests available on the car. All other tests you see, are normally dealer cars which are babied. Its one thing to thrash a manufacturer owned demo, vs thrashing a car which is intended to be sold.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its actually quite the opposite. If you read the article, youll see they purposely did the roadtest, because a private individual asked them to thrash his car. He wanted a no-holds bar test, which is one of the only real tests available on the car. All other tests you see, are normally dealer cars which are babied. Its one thing to thrash a manufacturer owned demo, vs thrashing a car which is intended to be sold.

So its is your contention that 492hp and 428tq to the "flywheel" will motivate 3500lb car to 125mph in the 1/4? Not possible....Just because its a private owner doesnt mean something wasnt done to it...Porshe GT2 with much less weight, 477hp doesnt trap 125 for example. That would make the early Diablos faster than the Murcielago....The Diablo would have to be in the neighborhood of 550-575bhp to knock off 125mph traps imho..Im a Lambo lover to the core but that 125mph doesnt make sence...

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's possible snakebitten that maybe the Lambos are underrated.

Remember that the 1991 Diablo was one of the first cars to crack 200 mph. The stats are 492 hp, 428 lb-ft, 3500 lbs.
Look at the SRT-10, it's 500 hp, 525 lb-ft and around 3360 lbs. So it should perform better on paper. Yet it "only" goes 193 mph.
So there may be be more factors coming into play here.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point about the underrating Andy. That would be one hell of an underrating :ooo: ...The SRT10 wont hit 200mph because of aero not lack of power or gearing correct? The new coupe should hit the magic 200mph since it should be more aerodynamic than the SRT vert..But then again coupes are usually lighter than verts unless its the new SRT cou....Ah never mind. Wont beat that dead horse.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So its is your contention that 492hp and 428tq to the "flywheel" will motivate 3500lb car to 125mph in the 1/4? Not possible....Just because its a private owner doesnt mean something wasnt done to it...Porshe GT2 with much less weight, 477hp doesnt trap 125 for example. That would make the early Diablos faster than the Murcielago....The Diablo would have to be in the neighborhood of 550-575bhp to knock off 125mph traps imho..Im a Lambo lover to the core but that 125mph doesnt make sence...

Elementary my dear Watson, go back through my old posts and you will see, that i have said in the past that early Diablos, (2wd) cars are amongst the FASTEST of Diablos if kept in proper running order. And yes, ive also said, Diablos are faster than Murcielagos.