The ultimate race of all times!!!

OP
OP
V

VIPERMIKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Allan, I don't remember if it was a VT or not, but it was real and it was a 1999, that's a fact! I know where the guy lives, so just to prove you wrong, I'm going to get my camcorder and get it on tape. It may take a while but I promise I will.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Allan-
Was that your car I read about in Luxury Exotics or something like that? If so, your car is awesome.

Yes, thats my car. Thank you.

I never said a Diablo cant be beaten. What i said was that the first post stated the car was a VT. Then in a later post it was stated again to be a VT, and that it was 2 wheel drive. VT= 4 wheel drive. If you know enough to state the exact year, and the model designation, you shouldnt improperly state it is definately 2 wheel drive.

Can a modded SRT beat a Diablo Vt? Im sure it can. Stock for stock...no.

There are several Lambo and viper owners on this board, who will tell you the same.

Nich0las

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allan,

Didn't they make a VTTT? I know absolutely nothing about L-cars, what is the most desirable Diablo and the fastest? What are years to stay away from?

ViperCorp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking this was an older VT ... yes, VT stands for "Viscious Traction" which means AWD, not 2WD. 99's don't have the flip-top lights -- 98's and below do. I'm currently in the market for a Diablo and I have YET to see a 1999 Diablo VT in Yellow but I have seen many in prior year models.

Sorry, but Ill drive Diablo VT anyday over a viper, including my 650R. How about the first one to 210 mph wins?

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 99 Vt in yellow is all but impossible to find, anywhere in the world, not just in the U.S.

My suggestion is to stay away from Vt's if you are looking to buy a Diablo, unless its a 2001 6.0. Otherwise early 2 wheel drive, SE, or SV is the way to go.

On a completely different note, i just came back from Vancouver where i met up with 2 brothers that own 2 Gallardos. I went for a ride in an Orange 04 6 speed that had exhaust and a Gruppe M intake, and that car felt fantastic. I had driven an E-gear Gallardo before, and although i liked it, it didnt make me want one as bad as a murcielago. This 6 speed, pulled HARD, and looked fantastic. Now i want one....BAD!

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a fan of the Gallardos. Looks too short/boxy in the rear, kind of like an MR2. Only looks good from a straight on view in my opinion. Get the big dog, or we'll have to call you allanaudi. ;)

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not a fan of the Gallardos. Looks too short/boxy in the rear, kind of like an MR2. Only looks good from a straight on view in my opinion. Get the big dog, or we'll have to call you allanaudi. ;)

Its like you took the words out of my mouth

vd..

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, but i disagree. The Gallardo is an awesome car, and far from Audi.

I wont buy a Murcielago because there is an all new Murcielago Evoluzione right around the corner, which will be incredible.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to get a little off topic here but how do you pronounce Gallardo anyways...I always thought it was GUY-ARDO

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ever see a ******** child flap his wings like a chicken?
You must be registered for see images

Now you can say you have.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ever see a ******** child flap his wings like a chicken?

Now you can say you have.

Im not sure what you mean by your quote, but your pictures illustrate a 1999 Millenium Roadster and a 1999 SV.

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are both "Diablows" by any chance?

I have always thought Lambourghinis look like expensive chickens. Overated garbage, just like any Ferrari, Mercedes Benz, or Porsche.

This is obviously just my opinion. I'm more of a Viper/Corvette/Camaro/Trans Am guy. I enjoy seeing cars like Camaros CRUSH European cars with less than $2000 worth of mods.

But even if the Dodge Viper and Lambourghini *Insert ******** Italian name here* were the same price, I'd still be pulling for the Viper.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Epro, you are definately entitled to your own opinion, but im one of those guys who consider having to drive a Camaro, Corvette or Trans Am a fate worse than death. The only American car worth owning inmo is a Viper.

As for your so-called video, i was there when that was filmed, the driver of the Diablo, a 21 year old, who had just purchased the Diablo the day before with no experience behind the wheel. The video was shot at Moroso in Palm Beach, the Diablo in question a 1991 model.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Epro, you are definately entitled to your own opinion, but im one of those guys who consider having to drive a Camaro, Corvette or Trans Am a fate worse than death. The only American car worth owning inmo is a Viper.

As for your so-called video, i was there when that was filmed, the driver of the Diablo, a 21 year old, who had just purchased the Diablo the day before with no experience behind the wheel. The video was shot at Moroso in Palm Beach, the Diablo in question a 1991 model.

if you were there and it did happen why is it a so called video?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and your mommy ...

Sorry couldn't resist. I guess it can be said that the driver makes a big difference. And that you can have excellent drivers in either, or poor drivers, etc.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and your mommy ...

Sorry couldn't resist. I guess it can be said that the driver makes a big difference. And that you can have excellent drivers in either, or poor drivers, etc.

Very true...So its possible that the SRT10 AlanLambo beat so badly could have been poor Viper driver but I doubt he will allow for that possibility. Doesnt matter both are incredible cars..I am consumed by venom but if I had to choose between the two it would have to be Lambo baby...Few cars Id choose over a Viper. Lambo is one and an S7 is the other especially that new tt version..drool

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper with TT and all the mods you can dream about would still cost less than a lambo and would be the fastest out there...I'll take a Viper any day over the lambo.....

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i never drove a lambo. i know a guy that has many of them, ferraris and a whole warehouse of exotics, if only i can befriend him further. regardless, i bought my viper having never driven one, signed and paid for the thing, sam with my z06. i would (will sooner or later) buy a lambo , hopefully i can drive it first though, not that i need too.
i love the way lambos sound though, a finely tuned humm

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head, good drivers, bad drivers explain many a situation. Unfortunately most of the Lambo onwer/drivers ive met....are posers and are afriad of their cars.

As for the race between the SRT, the driver of the SRT was an experienced driver, and i also raced another in AZ with similar results. My car is not or wasnt heavily modified, only has exhaust and air filters, i didnt use nitrous.

Regardless, as i said before, the Viper is the closest feel to the Lambo you can get, especially for the money.