The ultimate race of all times!!!

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Epro, you are definately entitled to your own opinion, but im one of those guys who consider having to drive a Camaro, Corvette or Trans Am a fate worse than death. The only American car worth owning inmo is a Viper.

As for your so-called video, i was there when that was filmed, the driver of the Diablo, a 21 year old, who had just purchased the Diablo the day before with no experience behind the wheel. The video was shot at Moroso in Palm Beach, the Diablo in question a 1991 model.

While a Camaro or a Trans Am doesn't have the exotic appeal a Lamborghini has. I'd rather have a 2002 Trans Am with more power to make up for the missing appeal. Sure you won't get as many women, but you can sure as hell run away from the ugly ones in a hurry :p

You must be registered for see images

Of course I'm a little biased, but hey, you're on a "VIPER" forum preaching the joys of a Lamborghini.

It's pretty sad when I'm stuck on F-bodies when everyone else is talking about exotics :rolleyes:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The TT lambo made 600Bhp to 752Bhp depending on boost settings. so whats that at the wheels about 510 RWHP - 693.2 RWHP thats with the 15% driveline loss, now if its an AWD thats a 17% driveline loss in which case it would make 498 WHP - 624 WHP with twin turbos thats PATHETIC

Hmmm now whats a TT viper puttin down TO THE WHEELS????????

Chad??
Twinvipers??
Jason heff??
ect.

and STILL for ALOT less money.

That TT lambo is 500K

BTW notice that on the spec sheet for the lambo under Torgue it says N/A? because im sure its a joke.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your really gonna hate this one in about 3 weeks (give or take) my N/A mustang will be spankin lambos all day.

and honestly it took nothing ($ wise) to do. As a matter of fact less then $2,500.

Look man I respect lambos as well as ferrari and just about anything that can pin me to my seat but IMO when it comes to a viper theres no comp and the fact that you come here and always just defend lambos com ehell or high water is just pointless, I mean you come on here and every single time theres a post about someone racing one you instantly call B.S.

I saw your car on spike and I gotta tell ya I WAS impressed its a sick car (as are all lambos) but you need to realize it is possible for one to lose fair and square, besides if its gonna lose why not to a viper???

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stugots, you are now speculating rwhp? Let me give you the scoop on the TT Diablos. First, they are not factory, second there is only a handfull of them. They were made for Platinum Motors by a company named Historic Racing in CA. These setups were among the most pathetic setups i have ever seen. Using parts that Ricers wouldnt use on Civics. Ill name one for starters, they used an Electromotive TEC-1 unit. Leftover parts that were on hand. They run very little boost, and frankly inmo, are very overrated. The 500K cost is absurd. Historic will perform the same crappy conv for you for 45K. Mark Carney happens to own a 1994 VTTT and it made just over 690rwhp on pump gas. Jason Heffner did a twin supercharger bolt on kit, running less than 5psi which put down 550rwhp. A Viper owner just purchased a 1999 Diablo Roadster that had a simple bolt on SUpercharger conversion, and it made 535rwhp, running on 4.5 psi boost. He is car guy, and according to him with just fine tuning there is another 50-60hp in it easily. These are all just bolt ons, running very little boost. In Japan, there is a worked Diablo SV, internals, etc, put down 1178rwhp.

lastly i have never said that a Diablo cannot lose, what i have said is that most Diablo Owners never drive the cars to their true potential, most Diablo owners never mod their cars. Stock for stock, a DIablo is faster. A Diablo is not made for 1/4 mile racing, 1st gear is way too tall. No doubt a modified Viper can win, but then again, you can modifiy anything to beat anyone. As for a Mustang winning, well, i could careless. Ask yourself, becuase if it can beat a Lambo, it can surely beat a stock Viper. Would that sway your decision as to which to own? I would hope not. Id also love to know what you will be doing to make your N/A Mustand run 125mph trap speeds to beat Lambos for $2500.00, because thats what it would take.

Also, on the Diablo front, remember you are talking about a car that was designed in the late 80's, and has been virtually unchanged throughout the years,, except for little improvements here and there. In 1991 when Car and Driver turned 207mph, ran a 12.x@125mph, 0-150 in 18 seconds, there was NOTHING that could touch it.

When it comes to Firebirds, Trans Am, Mustangs etc, i dont care if they ran 9's in the 1/4 bone stock, personally i would NEVER want one. A car must have a combination of speed, exclusivity, looks, handling etc. Those cars lack all the above except for maybe speed when modded.

Lastly, i do consider myself to be a little different than most exotic owners. For me, there is never enough power. I have owned Corvettes, Porsches,Lotus's, Ferraris, Lambos, Nsx's and even a toyota Mr2 turbo. I have modified everyone of them. I love my lambo most, but my Porsche could blow it away, even with the lambo running nitrous. You can ask Doug Levin about my Porsches. They were the only cars blown Viper guys where afraid to run back in the day in Sunny South Florida. I also like to experiment on cars most people are afraid to try anything on, such as lambos, and now my new Esprit. I love many cars, albeit not Vettes, Mustangs, or F-bodies.

Thanks for the props on my Diablo. It is currently featured in the latest edition of Modified Luxury and Exotics. It has a small partial cover shot and a 10 page article on it.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well as for the 125 trap speed I wont be hitting that lol however she should do a 12 flat 1/4 mile or a little better.

The mods I have here waiting to install to do that are.

3:55 rear end
march performance ram air
75mm BBK Throttle Body
trickflow intake
Eram eletric super charger (3 Psi)
Mac H pipe /w HF cats
Mac headers
Mac catback
Custom burned chip
underdrive pully

not bad for like $2400 bucks

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes you wont find a lot of Lambo owners that will run from a dead stop, nor ones that in that case could launch their cars.

What is an Electric supercharger?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes you wont find a lot of Lambo owners that will run from a dead stop, nor ones that in that case could launch their cars.

its a cold air intake with 3 fans in it that blow 3 pounds of boost into the TB.

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When it comes to Firebirds, Trans Am, Mustangs etc, i dont care if they ran 9's in the 1/4 bone stock, personally i would NEVER want one. A car must have a combination of speed, exclusivity, looks, handling etc. Those cars lack all the above except for maybe speed when modded.

I have a nice video collection of Camaros destroying Lamborghinis, and Ferraris, and Porsches... Sure, they don't have the nicest interior, but shouldn't your eyes be on the road?

Exclusivity...

What do you mean?

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=define%3Aexclusivity&btnG=Search&meta=

Handling?

Who said they can't cut corners?

You know what... never mind. Your opinions are yours, and I won't flame you for them. Enjoy your car.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Epro now you are getting ridiculous....You just cant compare Firebirds, Camaros, Mustangs etc to a Lambo...Bring your stock Firebird etc to a stock Lambo and there is no test it will beat a Lambo in period..The only stock pony car that maybe would run with a Lambo on a track is the limited edition Cobra R. In a straight line a Lambo would destroy it but on a circuit track it maybe able to hang with it as is a handler...You are not seeing the big picture...BTW you are talking up newer Firebirds, Camaros etc on a Viper forum so why cant Alan talk about Lambos? Id prefer to hear about lambo's over your choice of cars.

With your line of reasoning you would choose Janet Reno as your lover over Jessica Alba because you can put makeup on Janet Reno, get plastic surgery for her and make her look a "little" decent...But guess what she still wont be as disirable as Jessica Alba...

There is no comparison Epro:

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, but Ill drive Diablo VT anyday over a viper, including my 650R. How about the first one to 210 mph wins?

You have a race. Let me know when you get the lambo, and we will set it up. :2tu:

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Epro, i have a nice video, of a guy in Tampa Florida with a Diablo 6.0 racing a guy named Havoc, who has a pretty modified low 11 sec F-body. The DIablo has a cat back exhaust, and from a roll on the Diablo lays waste to him big time. Id love to see these vids you have of these supposed Camaros beating lambos.

But as i said, they can make a new F-body, have it run 9's bone stock, top 200 mph, cost 35K, have a 10 year warranty, and come with a 20k rebate, i still wouldnt want one. Personally i think of all the cheaper cars out there, it is among the worst, possibly THE WORST. Id rather have a Mustang, and i hate those cars.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any website info on that?

sure

http://www.electricsupercharger.com/supereram2.php

it claims 1.7 Psi but if you have a higher flowing intake and or ram air and or bigger TB he said it will show more boost, mines not installed as of yet but a friend of mine has it on almost the same setup (on a mustang)and he sees 3 pounds of boost at WOT.

isnt the thing people were laughing at? Does it really make power? I wonder how it would work installing 2 of them on a Diablo.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any website info on that?

sure

http://www.electricsupercharger.com/supereram2.php

it claims 1.7 Psi but if you have a higher flowing intake and or ram air and or bigger TB he said it will show more boost, mines not installed as of yet but a friend of mine has it on almost the same setup (on a mustang)and he sees 3 pounds of boost at WOT.

isnt the thing people were laughing at? Does it really make power? I wonder how it would work installing 2 of them on a Diablo.

its made 3psi on a friends stang so that has to be good for some power, thats not what people were laughing at its the tornado (that doesent have any moving parts) they were laughing this thing really makes power.

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Epro now you are getting ridiculous....You just cant compare Firebirds, Camaros, Mustangs etc to a Lambo...Bring your stock Firebird etc to a stock Lambo and there is no test it will beat a Lambo in period..The only stock pony car that maybe would run with a Lambo on a track is the limited edition Cobra R. In a straight line a Lambo would destroy it but on a circuit track it maybe able to hang with it as is a handler...You are not seeing the big picture...BTW you are talking up newer Firebirds, Camaros etc on a Viper forum so why cant Alan talk about Lambos? Id prefer to hear about lambo's over your choice of cars.

With your line of reasoning you would choose Janet Reno as your lover over Jessica Alba because you can put makeup on Janet Reno, get plastic surgery for her and make her look a "little" decent...But guess what she still wont be as disirable as Jessica Alba...

There is no comparison Epro:

Can you compare an apple to an orange? They're two different types of cars, I'm just biased I guess?

However, "that" kind of exotic look makes me want to vomit. This is just my opinion, I just got to carried away, and I'll be quiet now.

So I'll stop preaching about the LS1. After all, if we all wanted performance, we'd just buy Chevettes, put in big engines, and upgrade those.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't matter to me, I'll let him choose the bet(if any at all). The point I am making is that there is always someone faster. You shouldn't get cocky just because you have a quick car. My car is pretty damn fast, but I know there are people out there that are faster, in some cases a lot faster. I love lambos(my favorite is the 6.0 diablo), but when I get one I will be sure to remember that there are plenty of cars out there that are faster. The bottom line is that we are all very fortunate to be in the positions that we are in. Let's respect this race for what it is. In this case between these two cars, the viper came out on top.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Epro, im glad those exotic looks make you want to vomit, as since you like the looks of the Fbody, you are obviously good taste challanged. And as i said, id love to see those vids of the Camaros blowing away Lambos. I have a rather large Lambo video collection, and i have none of those. I do however have the video of the worked LS1 getting wasted.

As for those little blowers, im going to call my guys at SP and see if they want to do a test with them on my Lambo. Since you say the ram air also helps, my car has the ULTIMATE ram air, with the 2 roof scoops bringing air directly to the air filters.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, I love the front end on the yellow 6.0. Man that car is a beauty!! THe ass end is a little naked without a wing. Just wait until I get my hands on one...

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allen,
Thanks man. :2tu: I'm working on a new one that will probably be very high profile. I'm not so sure I am going to win, but it will be impressive to say the least. :D

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, cant wait to see it. Right now im working on my Esprit, it will of course be nothing like your car, but im hoping for 425-450rwhp in a 2850pd car. And then we'll see how my Diablo turns out.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Would that have anything to do with expensive clutches that last 2 launches?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for those little blowers, im going to call my guys at SP and see if they want to do a test with them on my Lambo. Since you say the ram air also helps, my car has the ULTIMATE ram air, with the 2 roof scoops bringing air directly to the air filters.

hell if your Ram air is that good you MAY even see 3.5 psi or so but if you do test it let me know how it turns out I would be interested to see the results.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't matter to me, I'll let him choose the bet(if any at all). The point I am making is that there is always someone faster. You shouldn't get cocky just because you have a quick car. My car is pretty damn fast, but I know there are people out there that are faster, in some cases a lot faster. I love lambos(my favorite is the 6.0 diablo), but when I get one I will be sure to remember that there are plenty of cars out there that are faster. The bottom line is that we are all very fortunate to be in the positions that we are in. Let's respect this race for what it is. In this case between these two cars, the viper came out on top.

Gary lets not get carried away here theres not TOO many faster then that BEAST on wheels you cann a car, that thing is friggin NUTS, I watch the bike vid ATLEAST once a day lol.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Would that have anything to do with expensive clutches that last 2 launches?

I guess none of my lambos came with those clutches, as my car is now 7 years old, on its original clutch. And yet again, even if the clutches didnt last aslong, it wouldnt affect my ownership.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hell if your Ram air is that good you MAY even see 3.5 psi or so but if you do test it let me know how it turns out I would be interested to see the results.

On the SV there are 2 huge roof scoops that funnel air directly into the air boxes. On my car ive even enlarged the air inlets.